[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

3 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Thanks.

I have found it and have it working now.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Sorry about that, sometimes we use the black Orion pod for node experimentation while testing.

Chaka the Monkey is taken to visit Shuttle Discovery!

And the Smithsonian gift shop! ( of course )

A7vvm0.jpg
A8qg71.jpg
5gqgTM.jpg
iYo56L.jpg
Ud6Ilw.jpg
yz4kfz.jpg
5LzFol.jpg
xI0RtD.jpg
CjTVxK.jpg
UQreiE.jpg
XqYtrz.jpg
9E7GlM.jpg
9DqdxY.jpg
vcALYQ.jpguLVfB7.jpg

On 12/18/2015 at 8:39 AM, Delta_8930 said:

Is that docking port compatible with the KURS docking camera?

This will make any docking port work with that mod

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[DockingCameraModule]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = DockingCameraModule
allowedDistance = 1000
nightVisionArgs = 0.5,0.7,0.5,0.5
targetCrossColor = 0.9,0.0,0.0,1.0
targetCrossColorOLDD = 0.0,0.0,0.9,1.0
noise = true
}
} 

27 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

I cant launch the EMLV III - Deep Space Habitat because it says the part "Chaka / Crew Tunnel MTV" is locked, I know you can easily edit the configuration of the part to be unlocked but I can't find it in the files.

Please help thank you.

I see them parts are missing

TechRequired = ******
entryCost = ****

In the cfg you can found them at KSP/GameData/CMES/Structural/Kosmos_Balka_1_Tunnel      There is 3 cfg to edit there at lease, I think them are the ones you are  looking for and it's the cfg   part - Copy - Copy

Edited by Mecripp2

57 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

I see them parts are missing

TechRequired = ******
entryCost = ****

In the cfg you can found them at KSP/GameData/CMES/Structural/Kosmos_Balka_1_Tunnel      There is 3 cfg to edit there at lease, I think them are the ones you are  looking for and it's the cfg   part - Copy - Copy

Thanks I figured it out at one point.

Here is a question and I don't know if I'm just being dumb. With the heat shields, my reentry shuttle still explodes from overheating with the shield deployed... I'm confused... I've tried clean install, just with Chaka mod, and with other mods. The shield more the covers the entire craft. All equal overheating and destruction in KSP 1.0.4.  Please help...

13 hours ago, holycrapwearegonnadie said:

Here is a question and I don't know if I'm just being dumb. With the heat shields, my reentry shuttle still explodes from overheating with the shield deployed... I'm confused... I've tried clean install, just with Chaka mod, and with other mods. The shield more the covers the entire craft. All equal overheating and destruction in KSP 1.0.4.  Please help...

I'm not clear on what you mean by "re-entry shuttle". If you are referring to the Space Shuttle, I don't think Chaka deals with the STS system. And if you are using this version of Chaka with 1.0.4, you are in for a headache anyways due to the simple fact that Squad done a lot of work on the thermodynamics and changed the collider in lines with the 64 bit update that we hope will happen soon. And Yanfret did a complete overhaul of this mod to fit the 1.0.5 update. 

So, could you be a bit more clear with what exactly is going on? Which heat shields are you referring to? What are you putting them on? Any screenshots/logs? Any of these things will help us determine what the cause of your problems are. The big thing is are you using this version of the mod on 1.0.4? or the current version of KSP?

Just to mention that there seams to be a bug with the ALTAIR module.

It is set to contain 3 kerbals but in flight there is no one.

If you go to the map view, the right side of the screen shows that the module has a crew... but no one is visible so no IVA nor EVA are possible.

Am i missing something ?

3 hours ago, younitty said:

Just to mention that there seams to be a bug with the ALTAIR module.

It is set to contain 3 kerbals but in flight there is no one.

If you go to the map view, the right side of the screen shows that the module has a crew... but no one is visible so no IVA nor EVA are possible.

Am i missing something ?

Correct, good find. Alex updated the name of the internal, should be

INTERNAL
{
  name = ALCORMonkeyInternals
}

Your Monkey Action Ticket # is A4A-76027B and the issue has been registered for update.

18 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

A small issue with the foam tanks: one part config from "NOVA-CHAKA-TANK-FOAM2" family ("part5 - Copy.cfg") has the same part name as another one from the "NOVA-CHAKA-TANK-FOAMWHITE" family ("part5 - Copy.cfg"). Both are named "XNP_lftadj" since the configs were probably copy - pasted.

THANK YOU for finding that. Let's agree to rename the foam white "part5 - copy.cfg " to " name = XNP_lftadj5x "

And your Monkey Action Ticket # is A4A-7603, etc :P

1 hour ago, YANFRET said:

Correct, good find. Alex updated the name of the internal, should be

INTERNAL
{
  name = ALCORMonkeyInternals
}

Your Monkey Action Ticket # is A4A-76027B and the issue has been registered for update.

Ok... so.... What should i do to fix this ?... Re-Download the entire thing ?... Just change this "name = ALC..." line in some file ?.... Which file should i change this ?

Thanks !

Here is an emergency hot fix update for you while we make final preps on the full 1.0.5A update (soon)

Chaka 1.0.5A Hotfix Update Zip

(Merge with existing 1.0.5 install in GameData)

Download 1.0.5A Hotfix Dropbox Link

Includes:

Fixed Altair internal

Fixed Orion-B nodes

Fixed Orion Spacecraft Adapter collider (explosive sep issue)

Fixed Crew Tunnel not showing up in Career

Fixed White Upper Tank with duplicate object name

Added texture for Next Gen Orion Cap!

Added new NDS dock port sizes (final config)

Edited by YANFRET

Introducing:

Monkey Launch System - Star Lab

All the space station you would ever need.

Extra solar panels and expansion modules sold separately ( EMLV III delivery )

3EgREJ.jpgrM4i9j.jpg
AA71HK.jpg
WVKYLn.jpg
Rg5qZV.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

1 hour ago, Adept Invention said:

What's the minimum I need to install to use the inflatable heat shields?  This mod is preventing my install from loading when I installed the full thing so I could do with a barebones version

I did a clean install with this mod and the inflatable heat shields work fine

1 hour ago, Delta_8930 said:

I did a clean install with this mod and the inflatable heat shields work fine

Think Adept meant, "what does he need just for the heat shield to work"

3 hours ago, Adept Invention said:

What's the minimum I need to install to use the inflatable heat shields?  This mod is preventing my install from loading when I installed the full thing so I could do with a barebones version

Are you running a lot of additional mods? And what are your system specs? Might behoove you check this out if you are on windows with enough ram and want to run the whole thing.

X64 Workaround

Edited by V8jester

46 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Think Adept meant, "what does he need just for the heat shield to work"

Are you running a lot of additional mods? And what are your system specs? Might behoove you check this out if you are on windows with enough ram and want to run the whole thing.

X64 Workaround

I'm running a fair amount - the client loads in ok but never makes it to the main menu - hangs at a black screen after the initial load in.  I'm running a lot of mods yeah, B9, remotetech, etc

29 minutes ago, Adept Invention said:

I'm running a fair amount - the client loads in ok but never makes it to the main menu - hangs at a black screen after the initial load in.  I'm running a lot of mods yeah, B9, remotetech, etc

Yeah CMES is a pretty heavy mod by itself. Usually it's either run it by itself or convert to x64 to run more mods. I currently run this plus an additional 80+ mods in x64. Not trying to harp just saying it works ;)

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Yeah CMES is a pretty heavy mod by itself. Usually it's either run it by itself or convert to x64 to run more mods. I currently run this plus an additional 80+ mods in x64. Not trying to harp just saying it works ;)

Managed to get it to load by deleting everything other than the Aero folder on the CMES install.  I only have 8gb RAM on this machine which probably doesn't help

HI thanx 4 you super work.

Its my favorite mod.

But I have a problem with Altair, when trying EVA receives such a message :

Cant exit. Module has no hatch

Any idea how to solve it i love to land on mun and put Flag.

Thanks Tees

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.