[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

2 hours ago, tees said:

HI thanx 4 you super work.

Its my favorite mod.

But I have a problem with Altair, when trying EVA receives such a message :

Any idea how to solve it i love to land on mun and put Flag.

Thanks Tees

This could be a new issue since we had to re make the Altair pod recently for 1.0.5. The older 1.0.4 version it worked.

We will get together with the manufacturer and get it fixed, thanks for the heads up!

Small issues that i noticed while browsing the part configs.

* Some of the inflatable heat shields have duplicate tech level and cost parameters:

XPC_InflateHeatshield31X
XPC_InflateHeatshieldLX

* The "KOCMOC Radiator Panel" still has a ModuleDeployableSolarPanel{} that generates electricity (not sure if it is done by purpose).
* The new Orion parachute is missing the semi - deployment state drag cube.
* The Interim Docking Ports have a "Toggle Light" option but it doesn't do anything.
* There are two strut parts, "XKosmos_Strut_ConnectorX" and "XKosmos_Strut_Connector2X", that use the same model but have duplicate part folders. Also, the strut connectors should be converted to use the new "CompoundPart" module name to be on the safe side.
* The "CHAKA / Orion Spacecraft Adapter" decoupler module is missing a reference to a node.
* The rescale factor values of the separation motors is not applied correctly because of a typo in the "rescaleFactor" parameter:

xKosmos_SepRe3nstrox
xKosmos_SepRetroxDUNA
xKosmos_SepRetrox

* There are some "ModuleEngineConfigs" modules from RealFuels inside the "RS-68 BOOSTER" and the "RS-68C" engine configs. Not sure if they are needed now.
* The textures referenced by the "TALUS" point to non - existent files.

Also, non - critical but some solar panels have leftover "powerCurve" parameters that might mess with the electricity generation.

10 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Small issues that i noticed while browsing the part configs.

* Some of the inflatable heat shields have duplicate tech level and cost parameters:

XPC_InflateHeatshield31X
XPC_InflateHeatshieldLX

* The "KOCMOC Radiator Panel" still has a ModuleDeployableSolarPanel{} that generates electricity (not sure if it is done by purpose).
* The new Orion parachute is missing the semi - deployment state drag cube.
* The Interim Docking Ports have a "Toggle Light" option but it doesn't do anything.
* There are two strut parts, "XKosmos_Strut_ConnectorX" and "XKosmos_Strut_Connector2X", that use the same model but have duplicate part folders. Also, the strut connectors should be converted to use the new "CompoundPart" module name to be on the safe side.
* The "CHAKA / Orion Spacecraft Adapter" decoupler module is missing a reference to a node.
* The rescale factor values of the separation motors is not applied correctly because of a typo in the "rescaleFactor" parameter:

xKosmos_SepRe3nstrox
xKosmos_SepRetroxDUNA
xKosmos_SepRetrox

* There are some "ModuleEngineConfigs" modules from RealFuels inside the "RS-68 BOOSTER" and the "RS-68C" engine configs. Not sure if they are needed now.
* The textures referenced by the "TALUS" point to non - existent files.

Also, non - critical but some solar panels have leftover "powerCurve" parameters that might mess with the electricity generation.

Fixed!

This is great detailed feedback. All of these issues have now been checked and addressed.

Thank you!!

51 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Wow that looks really cool! Looking forward to the next update!

So far, in testing, the performance is unbelievable. With 5 engines and one core stage, it puts Dragon in a reasonable orbit. With three cores and 35 engines, it puts anything you like anywhere you might like it.

rZj9ab.jpg

Special thanks to Kartoffelkuchen for making these SpaceX models!

Edited by YANFRET

Many Thanks, YANFRET, for all your superb efforts here.

A quick question regarding the location of the product cards from previous versions.  I've scoured the pack (1.0.5) and can't seem to find them. 
I hope they didn't get the budgetary axe...

Keep up the great work.

3 hours ago, epower said:

Many Thanks, YANFRET, for all your superb efforts here.

A quick question regarding the location of the product cards from previous versions.  I've scoured the pack (1.0.5) and can't seem to find them. 
I hope they didn't get the budgetary axe...

Keep up the great work.

Most welcome!

The product cards did get the axe because all the changes in the pack have made them obsolete and inaccurate.

A main goal of our next update is to develop a suite of documentation expanding from the product cards concept to also include mission profiles and suggested exploration opportunities, perhaps even a save game or two.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@YANFRET  Is there still a Chaka Orion Lite pack avvailable?... I cant seem to find a thread or links... ??

Not for this version cycle. Between now and the next update we will evaluate the trades on bringing that back or introducing it with the all new Orion model currently under development.

Hello, thanks for this great mod.

Aside from the hatch, has anyone been able to do a Mun mission w/ the Altair?

Leaving the landing platform seems hit or miss, there isn't any RCS z axis translation; this is also tough with docking.

I'm wondering are people adding RCS ports along the Z axis?

Thanks again for your work and time.

21 hours ago, mediobogdum said:

Hello, thanks for this great mod.

Aside from the hatch, has anyone been able to do a Mun mission w/ the Altair?

Leaving the landing platform seems hit or miss, there isn't any RCS z axis translation; this is also tough with docking.

I'm wondering are people adding RCS ports along the Z axis?

Thanks again for your work and time.

Welcome!

Yep, Altair is back in the shop with an outstanding service ticket with the manufacturer. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience! We had to re engineer it for 1.0.5 and it got a bit crossed up.

4 hours ago, Bomoo said:

Those folded solar panels in the last image of that set are so very hot. May I ask if they're original to this pack or from somewhere?

MODEL
{
      model = CMES/Electrical/Kosmos_TKS_Solar_Array/model
          // parent = anotherModelTransform
    position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
    scale = 3.0, 1.2, 1.2
    rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = -0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Chaka / Expanded Kosmos Array
manufacturer = Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau
description = These panels are specifically designed for the TKS spacecraft, which are ideal for the module's power consumption.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.