[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Hi do you have a Wiki  explaning what each part does and which docking ports can dock with another docking port.  Right now I am docking like to like but the NASA II docking port is not liking to dock with another NASA II docking port  any help would be apriciated thanks Gerald

20 hours ago, GERALD said:

Hi do you have a Wiki  explaning what each part does and which docking ports can dock with another docking port.  Right now I am docking like to like but the NASA II docking port is not liking to dock with another NASA II docking port  any help would be apriciated thanks Gerald

Try again

5 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

Would be neat to see some of the new Boeing DSG hardware in this mod

So that means you can see the large JPG images saved on my desktop eh? lol

First thing we are going to do is a bit of cleanup. We will do an update soon that has fewer parts and craft, cutting some dead weight that accumulated in the development process. Removed parts and craft will be provided in a separate folder just in case your favourite system got the cut. This will make the hardware easier to live with in game and focus the play through sequence.

After that we can look at the new Boeing stuff :) 

Edited by YANFRET

1 hour ago, YANFRET said:

So that means you can see the large JPG images saved on my desktop eh? lol

First thing we are going to do is a bit of cleanup. We will do an update soon that has fewer parts and craft, cutting some dead weight that accumulated in the development process. Removed parts and craft will be provided in a separate folder just in case your favourite system got the cut. This will make the hardware easier to live with in game and focus the play through sequence.

After that we can look at the new Boeing stuff :) 

Well if yall want some help, lemme know!! 

Now... I want to model them.. Hides in cave with blender open

I have been trying to do the standard mun mission using your SLS and SLX series and i have a rather big problem with the SLS vechiles

they do not seem to be balanced well and tend to spin out of control during the gravity turn (this being both the rover altair and orion) all of the other launchers work perfectly fine tho

maybe im doing something wrong but i use the minimal orbit as you reccomended and the 60% 10 degree final turn curve on mechjeb

if needed i can provide a video or something.

Also i was wondering if you could add minimal launch orbits to all vechiles in their descriptions instead of the cards so you dont have to leave the game to check them

6 hours ago, obijan999 said:

I have been trying to do the standard mun mission using your SLS and SLX series and i have a rather big problem with the SLS vechiles

they do not seem to be balanced well and tend to spin out of control during the gravity turn (this being both the rover altair and orion) all of the other launchers work perfectly fine tho

maybe im doing something wrong but i use the minimal orbit as you reccomended and the 60% 10 degree final turn curve on mechjeb

if needed i can provide a video or something.

Also i was wondering if you could add minimal launch orbits to all vechiles in their descriptions instead of the cards so you dont have to leave the game to check them

There was a last minute glitch with the SLS core stage that slipped through on the last update. It has to do with the older Bobcat model not having enough range on the gimbals, and our need to use fake torque to compensate. In the most recent version, this was reduced dramatically compared to previous versions because we have been able to make the hardware more stable, however for the very lightest payloads on SLS, essentially the ones you mentioned, the core stage is too powerful and overcomes the gimbals. Actually the payloads need to have more mass.

Do us a favor, drop the folder in this zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6qh1p8lmmm47ze/AMCS_2stage.zip?dl=0 into your CMES\Propulsion folder, replacing AMCS_2stage all files.

Reload the craft and see if you get a better result

Edited by YANFRET

3 hours ago, YANFRET said:

There was a last minute glitch with the SLS core stage that slipped through on the last update. It has to do with the older Bobcat model not having enough range on the gimbals, and our need to use fake torque to compensate. In the most recent version, this was reduced dramatically compared to previous versions because we have been able to make the hardware more stable, however for the very lightest payloads on SLS, essentially the ones you mentioned, the core stage is too powerful and overcomes the gimbals. Actually the payloads need to have more mass.

Do us a favor, drop the folder in this zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6qh1p8lmmm47ze/AMCS_2stage.zip?dl=0 into your CMES\Propulsion folder, replacing AMCS_2stage all files.

Reload the craft and see if you get a better result

I confirm that this patch seems to fix it

worked on orion altair and rover GC vechiles

48 minutes ago, obijan999 said:

I confirm that this patch seems to fix it

worked on orion altair and rover GC vechiles

Thought so. Glad to hear you were able to return to flight :) 

Included in the next update will be some adjustments to the core stage that reduce the need for a fix of that kind.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, as always.

Really nice mod.  Thanks for all of the work.

Cheers.

also, is there a set of manuals for the craft??  Seriously, is there someplace that has pic's of each ???

so many names in vab to open and look at, and Viktor Kermin has scratched his head so much he is going bald...  balder to be truthful.

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro
forgot something

15 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Looks great, as always.

Really nice mod.  Thanks for all of the work.

Cheers.

also, is there a set of manuals for the craft??  Seriously, is there someplace that has pic's of each ???

so many names in vab to open and look at, and Viktor Kermin has scratched his head so much he is going bald...  balder to be truthful.

Cheers.

Superior documentation is on the way! Mission cards and more product information cards are in the works.

It's true, the pack has become vast. The next version will receive a much needed edit process which is ongoing now. This has been put off because it is tedious work to re evaluate each part and craft, however great progress has been made.

SLS - Orion Munar Mission

One shot to the Mun and back.

a.jpg

af.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

aa.jpg

g.jpg

SLS - Orion Lab

Capsule and Station in one shot

ac.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

MLS - Habitat Base Lander

THE superlative Duna system triumphantly makes it's new home in the red dust.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

f.jpg

ca.jpg

PS: When the product card says 10km AGL to apply max retro throttle, it really does mean it. :) 

Edited by YANFRET

• 2 weeks later...

Chaka the Monkey @ KSC

On September 17 and 22, you will have an opportunity to see the real Chaka Monkey in person at Kennedy Space Center. He will be supervised by our executive staff wearing this T shirt:

cts.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.