[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

In the readme it says at half texture resoslution vehicle operation is not guaranteed. Don''t textures only change how it looks not how it works? As these parts are near real scale will I need a mod like smurf to make it perform realistically an lastly can I easily mix and match parts to make my own unique vessels without copying real designs?

• 2 weeks later...

Duna Mission Continues 

At Landing Site B, crew prepares for return to Kerbin

1.jpg

2.jpg

On 1/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, TachyonGMZ said:

In the readme it says at half texture resoslution vehicle operation is not guaranteed. Don''t textures only change how it looks not how it works? As these parts are near real scale will I need a mod like smurf to make it perform realistically an lastly can I easily mix and match parts to make my own unique vessels without copying real designs?

Dear Tachyon, thank you for your interest in Monkey exploration!

Our cheeky "not guaranteed" is for humor. If you are trying to use Chaka to simulate at near real scale, we suggest having someone construct the actual rockets IRL instead, it's much easier. 

Please let us know if we can be of any further help at your convenience :P

Edited by YANFRET

14 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Dear Yanfret  some one has been monkey around with a plugin 

Hide contents
42vbloC.png

e84kFoN.png
RdKwnZO.png
Num0eey.png
1cZKYbn.png
Ra2celP.png
w7Mgqxw.png
zfY4vwL.png

Chrome wrapped Lamborghini in Dubai!

I like your results, how do we pick and choose what is chrome? The contrast of matte to gloss is the key to realism

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Simply Amazing Mod!

Best functioning Orion Capsule I've yet to DL!

Station Parts and Duna Direct Mission looking Hab is awesome!

What is the purpose of the Duna Resource/ Supply Landers?

It has no way to dock with anything else, the internal pad's hatches (resource Lander) are all blocked preventing EVA and I don't see it containing any resources'/supplies for  Duna Base camp or way to mine for resources (resource lander)...

How are you using these two modules on Duna for resource and resupply?

Thanks!

Edited by Kilo60

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chaka Update Status

Thank you for your patience while we work the issues. Chaka has been quite busy with IRL things and finally has the time to consider an update.

Part 1: Docking

We can confirm docking in 1.4.1 is nominal, if you have different results please reply

screenshot7.png

screenshot10.png

Edited by YANFRET

On 3/12/2018 at 4:35 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

anyone else having problems with the exhaust plumes? rd586 in particular doesnt seem to be playing well with the new update. 

Good news! We've been hiding this monster in the back room for the right moment to retire the aging RD-586

Introducing:

Kartoffelkuchen Motor Werke - Chaka RL-10C cryogenic upper stage engine

2.jpg

4.png

Edited by YANFRET

add to dont get rid of it that my favorite motor i use it on everything hehe.

welded up a raider nick tdrs nova punch sas and ftp 2.5 m tank with that rd 586. so all of it is just one part works pretty good for commnet constellations. and use your amlv to get it out to keo. 

that new motor does look good though.

only problems ive seen so far is the plume with motors and some of the srb decouplers have moved or not connected anymore. dont know whats happening there. i think it was the mls and amv subassembly versions if i remember right. 

@PART[Kosmos_Angara_RD-275K]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] // RD-275K
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hypergolic-Lower
        transformName = engine_thrust
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,1
        plumePosition = 0,0,16
        fixedScale = 1.15
        energy = 1.2
        speed = 1
    }

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Hypergolic-Lower
    }

i used this to fix mine for the time being. seems to work. you do have to add the x's in on the name to match yours. guess you could just put MM wildcards leading and trailing in too. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

2 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

add to dont get rid of it that my favorite motor i use it on everything hehe.

welded up a raider nick tdrs nova punch sas and ftp 2.5 m tank with that rd 586. so all of it is just one part works pretty good for commnet constellations. and use your amlv to get it out to keo. 

that new motor does look good though.

only problems ive seen so far is the plume with motors and some of the srb decouplers have moved or not connected anymore. dont know whats happening there. i think it was the mls and amv subassembly versions if i remember right. 

@PART[Kosmos_Angara_RD-275K]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] // RD-275K
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hypergolic-Lower
        transformName = engine_thrust
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,1
        plumePosition = 0,0,16
        fixedScale = 1.15
        energy = 1.2
        speed = 1
    }

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Hypergolic-Lower
    }

i used this to fix mine for the time being. seems to work. you do have to add the x's in on the name to match yours. guess you could just put MM wildcards leading and trailing in too. 

The new engine matches its specification, so you can drop it in to your existing craft without headache. Better to move on with the same performance than prop up the ancient model with MM situations and DLL dependency. Plus it has a super cool surprise when you have the volume turned up: Staging ignition makes a sonic boom sound with very nice new running audio.

Plume issues are being worked.

Glad you are enjoying!

screenshot24.png

Edited by YANFRET

• 3 weeks later...

Status Update

To save you time and increase Monkey, we are gonna skip 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 and update for 1.4.3 unless they turn around and do another round right away.

Thanks for your patience and safe travels!

pending.jpg

Currently using 1.4.2 and I know its currently not supported but includes this that the fairing doesnt work as desired? E.g. the AMLV Orion. When I detach the last decoupler, it clips inside the module and spins all over. The same thing with fairings.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:36 PM, YANFRET said:

Status Update

To save you time and increase Monkey, we are gonna skip 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 and update for 1.4.3 unless they turn around and do another round right away.

Thanks for your patience and safe travels!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.