[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Anyone here ever seen Land of the Lost with Will Farrel? I love that stupid movie. Everytime i see this thread im reminded of this guy.

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/6270/26337930_.jpg

We have a winner! Our little Chaka was named after that Chaka when we rescued him from the Colombian jungle back in 2010.

Edited by YANFRET

Okay, maybe I'll take a break from the Moho spacecraft. I've got an Orion that can do the round trip but getting anything bigger is a challenge that I haven't managed to beat yet. Maybe I'll go back to Jool for a while, that'll be easy by comparison...

Anyone here ever seen Land of the Lost with Will Farrel? I love that stupid movie. Everytime i see this thread im reminded of this guy.

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/6270/26337930_.jpg

Err... Uhm... you mean the Will Farrel remake of the 1974 TV show?

chaka-in-land-of-the-lost1.jpg?w=245&h=317

That's just beautiful...

P.S. Why do I suddenly have the desire to rename one of my mods to "SLEESTAK"?

6300931929_68fe04191c_b.jpg

....Yesss but you see Chaka (the monkey) thinks that Chaka from the original show is ugly, and we really just liked the Chaka from the movie not the show, because of his playful mischief

In fact if you show Chaka too many pictures of 1970's Chaka it is very likely that he will poo on his paw and throw it.

Edited by YANFRET

â–² Okay I'l check on that.

News

♦ Your 1.0.4 update is almost ready

♦ A new class of launch vehicle, the "Exploration Launch System" will enable monkey exploration anywhere in the solar system with very few visits to the pad.

XLS: Chaka Transfer Lander

- Pre position in orbit of desired target.

- Dock and with XLS: Chaka Transfer Vehicle at destination and transfer crew

- Lander supports inital landing and return to orbit

- Upper stage has surplus propellant relative to Transfer Vehicle (more on that later)

- New NTR engine config

- 5800 M/S available from inital 1000 km Kerbin orbit.

cbF05y.jpg

dMa0jv.jpg

YPqPpa.jpg

qGoOCJ.jpg

Bonus:

"XLS - Technical 2x" - 5000 m/s from 600 km initial launch orbit

ew4WOh.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

hi

I like the IVA of the ALCOR and the Orion. But I have a problem. I can`t see a Navball.

Here´s a picture.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/a939e4-1435451139.png' alt='a939e4-1435451139.png'>

Chaka and RPM are the only two Mods i have installed in the moment. When I use other Mods with RPM there is everything OK.

hi

I like the IVA of the ALCOR and the Orion. But I have a problem. I can`t see a Navball.

Here´s a picture.

a>

Chaka and RPM are the only two Mods i have installed in the moment. When I use other Mods with RPM there is everything OK.

You might download this and try it if it does fix it lets us all know https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zjobe3jl3ampuk/ASET_Props_1.1.zip

thanks to tweakscale, this was possible

Javascript is disabled. View full album

the clamps are still derping in 1.0.4, so I had to make two other launches, the first one I removed the towers, still had problems with the clamps derping around and blowing my right SRB... the second one was successful though

BTW, it has 12k dV, I might mess around with the stages and maybe make a more economic variant to compete with the XLV... :P I had half tank left in the second stage when i decoupled it, S-IVB (with J-2X) was mostly decorative...

@MeCripp

It didn´t work for me. The same as before.

A second issue: The Windows of the Orion are at the south, the IVA-Sight looks north.

A question: How can i use the Fustek Stationparts along with Chaka? When I copy the Fustek-Folder to GameData i cannot see any parts in the VAB.

And: Is there a Chance to make a IVA for 6 Kerbals for the Orion?

Many Questions, i know.:(

Edited by Cheesecake

@MeCripp

A second issue: The Windows of the Orion are at the south, the IVA-Sight looks north.

A question: How can i use the Fustek Stationparts along with Chaka? When I copy the Fustek-Folder to GameData i cannot see any parts in the VAB.

You can use the original Internal for the orion from bobcat, it has 6 seats and it faces in the right direction.

@MeCripp

Could you please try removing the Fustek folder that came with CMES before installing the new version of Fustek and let us know if that fixes it?

6 Kerbal orion IVA is in development, which will also fix the Orion point of view issue.

Could you please try removing the Fustek folder that came with CMES before installing the new version of Fustek and let us know if that fixes it?

OK, now it works.

6 Kerbal orion IVA is in development, which will also fix the Orion point of view issue.

Does dies contain a full controllable IVA like Aset?

Chaka Transfer Lander

• Docks with transfer vehicle at beyond Duna non-atmospheric destination of choice

• Transfers crew to surface as well as return to orbit

cwD2o1.jpg

RyQXD2.jpg

boWfDn.jpg

fUzQcO.jpg

L6Oru4.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Revised Transfer Lander

• Also applies to Duna Ascent Vehicle

• Increased space on lander deck

• Landing lights

BhkT1P.jpg

PgaSTD.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Looks pretty awesome!

I did notice something with the command module though. I realize you are using ASET's internals for the command pod (great choice...best internals in the game), but I did notice that where the windows are in the command pod, and where the windows are in the internals, they are on opposite ends of the ship (i.e. when you make the roll while ascending, instead of looking out into space, you are looking down onto the ground). Is there any way of fixing that, or is that more of an internal/external configuration that cannot be modified.

Cheers, and keep up the fantastic work...your deep exploration pics have got me drooling!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.