[1.11.x] Heat Control - More radiators! (Jan 19, 2020)

This mod is great! :D However, I was wondering if you could add radial heat shields. It would be like the solar panels from NF solar but as heat shields in 2.5 and 3.75. It would be great for the tall command pod with a built in heat shield(I forgot the name but it’s the 11th image in the NF solar photo album). If you see this, thank you Neartea!

12 hours ago, PowSeaPea said:

This mod is great! :D However, I was wondering if you could add radial heat shields. It would be like the solar panels from NF solar but as heat shields in 2.5 and 3.75. It would be great for the tall command pod with a built in heat shield(I forgot the name but it’s the 11th image in the NF solar photo album). If you see this, thank you Neartea!

If you mean wraparound radiators those are already in the mod.

If you mean actual heat shields, this mod doesn't seek to do anything with heat shields at this time.

Heat Control 0.6.0

• B9PartSwitch is added as a dependency
  • Square fixed microchannel radiators are now switchable between multiple lengths (2x, 1x, 2/3, half, 1/3). 
  • Triangular fixed microchannel radiators are now switchable between multiple angles (45, 30, 22.5, 15)
  • Reworked max temps for most radiators

screenshot88.png

Make sure to install the latest SystemHeat update to use the new radiators in SH.

I just installed the latest version of this mod (0.6.0) and B9PartSwitch is showing an error with  the  microchannel radiators. Did I forget to install a mod ? Or are your mods having issues with each other ? (I have all of the Near Future Mods and the Far Future Mod installed)

Screenshot2021012023.png

1 hour ago, sharkinspace said:

I just installed the latest version of this mod (0.6.0) and B9PartSwitch is showing an error with  the  microchannel radiators. Did I forget to install a mod ? Or are your mods having issues with each other ? (I have all of the Near Future Mods and the Far Future Mod installed)

Did you do this?

18 hours ago, Nertea said:

Make sure to install the latest SystemHeat update to use the new radiators in SH.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:07 PM, Hteraj said:

What exactly do the heat exchangers do? why should i use them instead of just more radiators? I’m not understanding their appeal

I think they are not up to date anymore ore something IDK

The heat exchangers really good at drawing heat away from a part - 600x more efficient; and they can hold on to a ton of heat. This makes the attached part(s) (it only affects parts in its immediate vicinity) survive longer as long as the heat exchanger itself doesn't fail.

But they're not as good at getting rid of that absorbed heat - 25% less efficient.  That is why you need radiators - preferably Thermal Control Systems- to get rid of all that absorbed heat.

Edited by bcqJC
typo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So first of all, thanks for all your content! Been playing with the Near Future suit for a while now!
I'm having problems with a plane on Laythe, one radiator must've shifted some during touchdown and it made the drag on my craft asymetric, making it impossible to get back up to orbit. 
Basically what I wanted to ask if it's possible or planned to use these parts together with the new functions from "Some assembly required", like pack them into containers or manipulate them on EVA? I don't have KAS on my current install, would that help here? Would love to be able to do repairs on my craft..

All the best!

On 3/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, JanHHH said:

So first of all, thanks for all your content! Been playing with the Near Future suit for a while now!
I'm having problems with a plane on Laythe, one radiator must've shifted some during touchdown and it made the drag on my craft asymetric, making it impossible to get back up to orbit. 
Basically what I wanted to ask if it's possible or planned to use these parts together with the new functions from "Some assembly required", like pack them into containers or manipulate them on EVA? I don't have KAS on my current install, would that help here? Would love to be able to do repairs on my craft..

All the best!

Ah guess I forgot to do that for this mod. I'll do it in the next version. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:01 AM, Neebel said:

Sorry if this was asked before, couldn't bother to read 30 pages. Is Heat Control compatible with Real Heat?

Probably a question for the RealHeat developers. 

19 hours ago, Nertea said:

Ah guess I forgot to do that for this mod. I'll do it in the next version. 

Thanks a million! For now I used HyperEdit to exchange the broken vessels with new ones but I'm looking forward to fiddle with radiators on EVA!
Keep up the great work and thanks again!