What Goals Do You Make for Yourself?

Alrighty, so today I come bearing the question, what goals do you make for yourself to keep yourself entertained after thousands of hours of playing? Me and a lot of my friends have gotten to the point where we have gotten to every planet, made colonies on each planet, played the DMP mod and had Kerbal Wars, etc. We are out of ideas and starting to lose interest in the game. I know there is a infinite amount of things to do and I know i'm not the only one looking to make new goals and making new memories. So, what goals have you made for yourself and what goals do you have set right now?

Edited by TheOfficialStorm

I'm hoping to finally visit every planet and moon on a single save, set up at least one ore-to-LFO station in each system, and place a huge colony on Laythe. Not that different from what you did, I guess. I'd also like to finally pull off a manned Eve mission, though that probably won't happen for a while.

If you're getting bored, maybe take a break and play other games. No telling what'll have changed when you get back. :)

Edited by Mitchz95

Right now, on semi-hiatus waiting for unity 5 (more for the 64-bits than anything else really), I am trying to unlock most of the tech tree without going to Mun.

So far with Kerbin/Minmus, I have 2/3rd unlocked with another minus mission in progress. Keeps me playing and doesn't require too much planning. I also need to redo most of my launchers.

So far I remade my heavy one, but small/medium still don't work properly (putting payload on top makes them unstable and I lose the rocket to flipping 1 out of 2 flights).

When U5-64b is here... Going to install the Outer planet pack on one install, 1/10th RSS on another install, and Alternis Kerbol on a 3rd and final install. All of which with many, many mods that I've always wanted, but could not because of memory limits.

Goals will be to hit every biomes, on every planets, by doing "Jool-5" style for each ones. (ie: a ship for everything in Jool influence, another for Saturnus, etc). There is that "Uranus space station" which I designed late in 0.25 that I will update and build in orbit of that planet's equivalent in Outer Planet's mod... There will also be my satellite network for Remote Tech that I need to redo.

When I just want to relax, I'll be in Alternis Kerbol(That mod reviving should be done by then, let's hope).

So much to do when u5-64bits gets released !

I'm hoping to finally visit every planet and moon on a single save, set up at least one ore-to-LFO station in each system, and place a huge colony on Laythe. Not that different from what you did, I guess. I'd also like to finally pull of a manned EVE mission, though that probably won't happen for a while.

If you're getting bored, maybe take a break and play other games. No telling what'll have changed when you get back. :)

That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! You just gave me an idea actually, doing all of that from IVA. With a few mods such as Docking Port Alignment Indicator and RasterPropMonitor it would make it very possible and TONS of fun! I'd also recommend those mods even if you don't plan on going into IVA much it still makes a hell of a lot cooler for when you do!

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, on semi-hiatus waiting for unity 5 (more for the 64-bits than anything else really), I am trying to unlock most of the tech tree without going to Mun.

So far with Kerbin/Minmus, I have 2/3rd unlocked with another minus mission in progress. Keeps me playing and doesn't require too much planning. I also need to redo most of my launchers.

So far I remade my heavy one, but small/medium still don't work properly (putting payload on top makes them unstable and I lose the rocket to flipping 1 out of 2 flights).

When U5-64b is here... Going to install the Outer planet pack on one install, 1/10th RSS on another install, and Alternis Kerbol on a 3rd and final install. All of which with many, many mods that I've always wanted, but could not because of memory limits.

Goals will be to hit every biomes, on every planets, by doing "Jool-5" style for each ones. (ie: a ship for everything in Jool influence, another for Saturnus, etc). There is that "Uranus space station" which I designed late in 0.25 that I will update and build in orbit of that planet's equivalent in Outer Planet's mod... There will also be my satellite network for Remote Tech that I need to redo.

When I just want to relax, I'll be in Alternis Kerbol(That mod reviving should be done by then, let's hope).

So much to do when u5-64bits gets released !

You have seriously thought this out! I cannot wait for u5-64b myself, will give us much more "space" to mod! I've experimented with Remote Tech before but haven't really went through with using it fully, so I may do that next along with my previous idea of IVA only (will add to the challenge). I seriously hope to see some progress reports once u5-64b is released! Would be a lot of fun to keep up with.

Every new version I plan on landing and returning from every body. Started it once with Moho and made it, then got to Eve and got stuck, so now I start with Eve. I've never made it and stop playing shortly after each release and wait for the next.

I have a list right by my side that has a whole bunch of objectives.

1) Land on Mun.

2) Land on Minmus.

3) Set up 3 space stations.

4) Perform a round trip between Mun and Minmus.

5) Perform and apollo-style mission.

6) Land a probe on Duna.

7) Put a rover on Duna.

8) Put a satellite around Eve.

9) Establish a Munbase with a mine, lab and spaceport.

10) Develop and SSTO [LKO, Minmus, Mun and beyond].

11) Create a jet line [Low-speed, High-speed and Sub-orbital].

12) Create a plane with a lot of passengers that can go anywhere on Kerbin.

13) Solar Observation Drone.

14) Satellite Establishment System [HKO and then anywhere in the Kerbin system, I was thinking a plane would be cool].

15) Create a SPace Shuttle replica.

16) Jool Station.

17) Mission to Eeloo.

18) laythe Base.

19) Kerbin Desert station.

20)

This sort of thing might help in getting new ideas for you.

I have a list right by my side that has a whole bunch of objectives.

1) Land on Mun.

2) Land on Minmus.

3) Set up 3 space stations.

4) Perform a round trip between Mun and Minmus.

5) Perform and apollo-style mission.

6) Land a probe on Duna.

7) Put a rover on Duna.

8) Put a satellite around Eve.

9) Establish a Munbase with a mine, lab and spaceport.

10) Develop and SSTO [LKO, Minmus, Mun and beyond].

11) Create a jet line [Low-speed, High-speed and Sub-orbital].

12) Create a plane with a lot of passengers that can go anywhere on Kerbin.

13) Solar Observation Drone.

14) Satellite Establishment System [HKO and then anywhere in the Kerbin system, I was thinking a plane would be cool].

15) Create a SPace Shuttle replica.

16) Jool Station.

17) Mission to Eeloo.

18) laythe Base.

19) Kerbin Desert station.

20)

This sort of thing might help in getting new ideas for you.

This is awesome! I'll probably be stealing a few of your ideas ;) I'll probably work on a Kerbin Desert Station first :D

Design something stupid and make it work.

My plan is to get my (non gamer)GF to build me... whatever she wants, than turn it into something difficult and unfitting. Like an universal self-refueling SSTMM (single stage to mun / minimus) with included resuable scanning probes. Depending on her patience and creativity, that will occupy me for a while.

I'm getting close to the end of the tech tree, and once I get there (or at least, I've got the parts of it that I really need), I'm finally going to build my Kerbal-to-Laythe mothership - an all-in-one mission with spacefighters, a miner to send to the surface, half a dozen probes to send to every part of the Jool system, rovers, the works.

Personally, I start a new career with each new version (though now that 1.0's out that may change) and at the start, I decide on a new set of mods and a new set of goals. Bases on every planet and moon. An "Apollo" style mission to each planet and moon. Stable Life Supported colonies somewhere. Things like that. Sometimes I try the same thing with different mods.

Due to getting a newer pc recently, I've managed to add a bunch of mods without the game falling over. The relevant ones to my current goals are TAC LS (for extra realism), Tweakscale (offering more design flexibility) and Kerbal Inventory (to create small probes on the fly depending on need) - I want to fly a new version of my solar system explorer that take advantage of these features as well as using the stock resource scanning/mining features. Basically I'm aiming for a do-anything spaceship.

A paper chase or i guess you could also call it scenario.

At least that's what we do atm, since a friend came up with that idea: He set up a savegame with a few flags in it as clues (coordinates or landmarks, obviously you're supposed to turn the flags off in the tracking station), in this case telling the story about an ancient maybe alien lifeform and you are supposed to find out what happened to them. We're also supposed to send him the save at certain stages, so he can add a ship or satellite that we have to repair or refuel. For example, i'm right now trying to get a stranded ship (basically an imbalanced monstrosity, as it should represent a broken ship) from Moho to the easter egg on Vall, which is quite the challenge to say the least.

I'm pretty sure most of it could be set up via the contract system, but until now it works allright and its a ton of fun (also because of the added competition among friends).

In my current career save, I am in the midst of unlocking the 360-science tier. My ultimate goal for this career is to create a massive ring station based on some of my earlier attempts in previous versions. I am expecting that the station in its entirety will cost at least 100 million units. This means I will be needing to place a science station on each body full of science, so those science points can be turned into Kash units via one of the administration strategies.

This also means I'll have to do a pile of those rescue contracts to pick up enough scientists to man all the labs; they're kind of expensive to hire. The cheapest way to do that is to develop a couple SSTOs, something which I haven't paid too much attention to before, as I prefer rockets.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%2012.17.35%20AM.png

Putting a large station into Duna orbit with an ISRU plant on Ike in my current career save. Unlocked the entire tech tree in the middle of year 2 (Earth time), now starting in on the sandbox portion of the game. I think I'll try turning Duna into an interplanetary hub, if for no other reason than I really haven't spent much time there (comparatively) in all my years of playing; already have some regular tug service (two) and I can just add more ships as needed. My biggest problem is figuring out what to actually build and send there.

Colonization of all celestial bodies using a bunch of mods. Sure takes a while to set up communication lines, logistical support and all that. Also I restart every updates.

Ah, using Remote Tech I see. Good luck :D I hope to see some progress updates!

- - - Updated - - -

Make an asteroid belt in LKO.

Going to suck when you go to get into orbit and hit an asteroid haha. I've personally never seen this done and I think it would be insanely cool to see! I want some progress reports :D

- - - Updated - - -

Putting a large station into Duna orbit with an ISRU plant on Ike in my current career save. Unlocked the entire tech tree in the middle of year 2 (Earth time), now starting in on the sandbox portion of the game. I think I'll try turning Duna into an interplanetary hub, if for no other reason than I really haven't spent much time there (comparatively) in all my years of playing; already have some regular tug service (two) and I can just add more ships as needed. My biggest problem is figuring out what to actually build and send there.

No Duna hub can be completed with a

- - - Updated - - -

In my current career save, I am in the midst of unlocking the 360-science tier. My ultimate goal for this career is to create a massive ring station based on some of my earlier attempts in previous versions. I am expecting that the station in its entirety will cost at least 100 million units. This means I will be needing to place a science station on each body full of science, so those science points can be turned into Kash units via one of the administration strategies.

This also means I'll have to do a pile of those rescue contracts to pick up enough scientists to man all the labs; they're kind of expensive to hire. The cheapest way to do that is to develop a couple SSTOs, something which I haven't paid too much attention to before, as I prefer rockets.

http://jscript.ca/ksp-images/beta/ring%20station%202/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%2012.17.35%20AM.png

That's huge already! How much bigger do you plan to make it!?

In every version of KSP for the last year or so, I have had one singular goal: go to Jool. So far I have failed in every version to make it before the next version comes out >.<

I watched a lot of Scott Manley's videos to learn how to get to planets, he's a super smart dude.

I still have this outstanding goal:

rescue Bill from Eve.

Bill Kerman is on EVE since 0.18 (i think... 1.5 years ago)

He is sitting on a raft consisting of one empty fuel tank and a spent goo cannister.

He is 120Km from the nearest land.

I keep that old savegame around, and try to rescue him every now and then, but ..... Eve is a beatch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.