What Is Your Biggest Accomplishment in KSP thus far?

Dres has an asteroid system around it now.

My proudest KSP moment was getting Jeb to the Mun but not quite making the lander powerful enough to get back. So Jeb had to get out and push - go Jeb!

Jeb has also pushed my lander out of a mun orbit and into a Kerbin Intercept. Jeb is a beast

After countless tries I successfully got my shuttle into orbit in RSS. 7.7km/sec for low orbit. Never ever installed mechjeb.

http://i.imgur.com/rAxAzkJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/B84i4eA.png

Congrats man! Beautiful pictures!

- - - Updated - - -

That's insanely badass! That had to be one long trip hauling that asteroid. So did you put a asteroid back in it's natural habitat or did you kidnap it and take it to Kerbin for testing?

I built an interstellar highway with refueling stations around every planet and moon of the exact same station design and with the ability to refuel every fuel type. Took a while. Station was moved by 4 NTR's at the base and 8 side mounted ion engines. Here's 3 of them linked up at a junction core in orbit being refueled to be relocated:

adayinthesun.png

You'll notice there is an escape pod in the one oriented in a true north position in case something threatens the kerbals on the station.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I built an interstellar highway with refueling stations around every planet and moon of the exact same station design and with the ability to refuel every fuel type. Took a while. Station was moved by 4 NTR's at the base and 8 side mounted ion engines. Here's 3 of them linked up at a junction core in orbit being refueled to be relocated:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94022667/Public%20site%20hosting/Cybernations/adayinthesun.png

You'll notice there is an escape pod in the one oriented in a true north position in case something threatens the kerbals on the station.

Holy ....

Hard to choose, my top three off the top of my head are:

1. RSS/RO Space Shuttle, I spent 4-6 weeks designing and testing it.

2. Jool-4 with a space plane and orbital tug, couldn't do Tylo though.

3. RSS/RO Mars landing.

I'm

Landing on and returning from Mün will always have a place in my heart. It's like your first kiss with a super-hot girl.

Not sure all of us have that experience... I do(She plays KSP).

My 3-probe mission to Jool

I underestimated the fuel for the mothership, so it only had fuel for a very high Apoapsis Jool crossing. I had to send each probe individually from there in different trajectories into an aerocapture, in such a way so that no two probe had coinciding critical moments where I needed to directly control them. One of the probes ended up doing aerocapture in Layte, another in Jool and yet another in Jool but later thanks to a Tylo gravity assist.

All of them reached their objectives, but the only one which I could reuse for more than one Jool moon ended up crashing in Tylo due to its TWR not being high enough.

All 12 ships of The Joolian Exploratory Fleet are now in Kerbin Departure Orbit and all have their transfer burns plotted.

T minus 3 days. As soon as I can schedule enough game-time, we leave orbit.

Once they are all on their way, I'll start posting mission reports.

JEFFlag1aSQ.png

The Joolian Exploratory Fleet, For Science! :D

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

I just docked 2 vessels!!! I was using Mechjeb and it wasn't doing hardly anything I liked except I guess it got me within about 70 meters. Then after that, I just kept playing around, missed once and cursed a lot, then I got really, really close somehow, and then the gravity or like objects gravitate to one another and it locked up.

A save devoted to Laythe. Nothing else.

500 Kerbals on Laythe, at over 35 Different Base sites.

I lost the save and all the screenshots in my computer fail a while back.

By far, and just done an hour ago : putting an asteroid up a tree.

How the blazes...?

I offered this tree what every tree on Kerbin lacks, a dense trunk.

I drove an 18-meter pylon with an asteroid on top of it through the countryside, went from tree to tree, visited dozens of them, searching for the one with the required height and located on a perfectly horizontal ground, a rare combination. The slightest inclination made the structure fall.

It was quite a poetic journey, looking for "my tree". It lasted hours. It had its moments of quiet wandering and of discouragement. I smoked a hundred cigarettes, and needed a lot of

and

It's all ephemeral, I guess the trees will be re-generated in different places soon.

Edited by Plume & Akakak

I think this is probably the best thing in KSP I've managed so far. My frist try at rendezvous and docking, I managed to assemble a small Interkerbin Space Station in orbit.

GcOd4gh.jpg

And here's Bill having some fun :)

OpMABDF.jpg

jdYWDVM.jpg

Although, I did manage to find this one day!!

Ki0PFdt.jpg

J0lwcyp.jpg

Jeb died shortly after trying to land only a couple km away seeking science in a slightly different biome. R.I.P

I've done quite a few things in KSP that were really fun and/or difficult, but I think my Kerbals finest hour was the the flight of the "Eve Party Boat", a hotel building sized, four man lander based around a Hitchhiker Storage Container that did the Eve return mission.

The main thing that made this my most "over the top" mission, was the ridiculous logistics of it, that included getting the huge lander into LKO, then flying up it's two nuclear transfer vehicles that would push the monstrosity to Eve followed by half a dozen fueling flights (each carrying up four orange tanks of delicious liquid propellant) to fill the lander.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by purpleivan
Typo

I'm quite proud of this. Today I've managed to grapple a vessel from Mun's surface and get back to orbit!

This involved to rendezvous with the vessel on surface, then turn upside down my ship and grapple the vessel while floating half meter above a sloped surface.

I also manage to save Callan Kerman, who was close to the vessel.

Surface_capture.png

Edited by LordCorwin

Not too impressive in the grand scheme of things: probably built some space station fuel tanks with advanced assembly techniques. Sadly I have no pics of it (found one hehe), but I was able to dock two orange tanks in parallel (one per launch) to the ends of a T-shaped brace, securing the near sides to the central boom with KAS struts. For the longest time I hadn't managed to rendezvous at all. Eventually I could dock modules only with integral RCS, so graduating from that, to using a construction tug, to connecting one to a perpendicular docking port in the middle of a large module, I felt like I had made LKO my own. :D

One of the eventual two tanks, colored grey, black, and yellow with Kerbpaint, is shown below on the SCI Hansbach. God I miss that station XD. Getting ready to rebuild it in my more recent save when I gain more tech.

screenshot9_zpsfeaa3f56.png

Edited by RSwordsman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.