What Is Your Biggest Accomplishment in KSP thus far?

I made a single stage to Gilly (and back) a while back with Near Future, B9, and FAR. I miss being lord of SSTOs. Also did a Duna land and return with no LV-Ns and no docking/otherwise splitting up my rocket (in other words, 0.17 style), but that was probably partially because a bug hit while approaching Duna where my engine stopped needing fuel to run. (Didn't get too much extra delta-v that way, though.) Also managed to do a Mun mission which weighed only 33 tons on the launchpad.

Edited by Whovian

A manned Eve flyby, just managed to do it yesterday. Although I did real orbiting and landing mission with huge rockets to other planets in the past, I somehow feel a greater sense of accomplishment with managing to do an interplanetary free return mission with a limited amount of dV. Jeb and Valentina swung by Eve in a few hours, a few orbital tweaks here and there and they were on their way home to Kerbin!

My proudest KSP moment was getting Jeb to the Mun but not quite making the lander powerful enough to get back. So Jeb had to get out and push - go Jeb!

Totes done this too, took me a good half an hour and numerous re-boarding of the capsule to refuel the EVA tanks!

My proudest moment was the first time i recovered a stranded craft from high orbit over Kerbin, with two crew on board. i had to nudge it with another shuttle until its Pe fell below 70'00, and all 3 of the crew from both shuttles returned safely.

You know what I like most about this forum? Discussions like this get responses everywhere from "Finally made it to orbit" to "Sent a probe to Duna" to "Colonized Laythe" to "footprints on Eve with safe return," and none of them are met with "ha ha noob I did that years ago." All these accomplishments deserve--and receive--enthusiasm and congratulations!

Finally biting the bullet and constructing a massive 500+ ton interplanetary ship in space(with easymode life support!) and the infrastructure to support it. Thus far, if I couldn't launch it in one go (maybe two) it didn't need to be done, or could be done with multiple vessels. Preceding that, I needed a way to fuel the thing, since the propulsion unit alone weighed in at close to 427 tons with fuel - no way I was getting that thing off Kerbin. Dropped about 3 million on a fuel base(habitats and drilling rig), two fuel stations, a fuel shuttle, and a fuel lifter. Launching the ship itself ran about another 5 million, with four modules ranging from 600k to 1m to launch, plus two large fuel can launches (since I got tired of filling 58,212 units of LF 6400 at a time - Each of these trips required about the same amount to refuel the lifter and shuttle, all done at the originating end of the route).

At any rate, it was finally done and a crew of seven was off to Sarnus.

Interesting note: If you play long enough at 12fps, it starts to feel normal, and regular non-laggy ships feel like they are running at warp speed.

My land and return mission from Tylo.

The reason it felt like a bigger accomplishment than my other missions (such as a landing and return mission from Eeloo) is because this mission did not go very smoothly. My lander was made to land and return to orbit and didn't have the fuel to dock with my mother ship that was in an inclined orbit. Fortunately I had enough jetpack fuel to get the kerbal back to the mothership only to find out that I didn't have enough fuel to escape Tylos gravity. Instead I had to bring a transport shuttle from my laythe station to dock with my mothership at tylo and bring the shuttle back to kerbin. Fortunately everything went well and when the kerbals landed back on kerbin I felt a relief that was unlike anything that I had experienced from another video game.

Some Pics.

Landed

mGbuFhf.png

Shuttle takes off from Laythe station.

49MWePd.png

Shuttle slowing down at tylo.

OXEygAA.png

Back at Kerbin.

GalO7V0.png

Having tried and failed to get a probe back to orbit from the surface of Eve, I always wimped from sending a manned mission there for fear of stranding the crew with no hope of rescue. Well no more. In the last few days I finally managed to put a Kerbal on Eve and safely return him to Kerbin. Mission pictures can be found in the Mission Report thread.

Having tried and failed to get a probe back to orbit from the surface of Eve, I always wimped from sending a manned mission there for fear of stranding the crew with no hope of rescue. Well no more. In the last few days I finally managed to put a Kerbal on Eve and safely return him to Kerbin. Mission pictures can be found in the Mission Report thread.

Very cool!

Finally, i said screw it and fastforwarded to the next Duna window, and sent the base they requested. 69t pretty much empty. i think i over did the rocket to send it to orbit (over 1900t, and 650 000$ total), but i wanted to do it on first attempt.

Now all i need to do is wait for the 5k ore to fil up (requirement for the base), then transfert it to fuel, and off they go back to kerbin! (the top is detacheable for an easy return)

2015-06-17.jpg_zpsz2gt129x.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.