Constellation Mission Packs Discussion Thread!

Hi all,

So I have again begun another rebuild of my constellation craft. Ive removed all my thermo hinges and swapped them out for servos and have even built some custom controllable landing legs for the horizontal landers. Ive massively reduced the part count by auto strutting and I am close to finishing the landers. I am thinking I might setup a scenario using the mission builder with a few variants so folks wont have to fly the whole mission profile.

I might even post some pictures soon. :D

Anyone else still working on theirs?

59 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

I might even post some pictures soon. :D

Anyone else still working on theirs?

Really looking forward to possible pictures :D

And yes, with the DLC i have begun to rebuild my Rhino constellation lander as well. Maybe it gets a complete re-build as well, this time one tier bigger, so it can fit more cargo and living space.

3 minutes ago, Frank_G said:

Really looking forward to possible pictures :D

And yes, with the DLC i have begun to rebuild my Rhino constellation lander as well. Maybe it gets a complete re-build as well, this time one tier bigger, so it can fit more cargo and living space.

Ace! The robo parts really help make the ramps and such feel more real.

Ive built some custom landing legs from servos and I have a question. I have the legs in a stowed position as dictated by the min and max movement settings I have applied to the servos. The max is the deployed state. This happens with a single action group. Is it possible to apply a second set of leg movements to another action group? I want the legs to be able to cushion the landing then have a cargo deploy state where they lower a little. I'm thinking I will have to use that controller thing.

3 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Ive built some custom landing legs from servos and I have a question. I have the legs in a stowed position as dictated by the min and max movement settings I have applied to the servos. The max is the deployed state. This happens with a single action group. Is it possible to apply a second set of leg movements to another action group? I want the legs to be able to cushion the landing then have a cargo deploy state where they lower a little. I'm thinking I will have to use that controller thing.

Easy enough if you have a single "shock" piston that totally deploys between the "land" and "kneel" state, with a low damping/strength so they're actually useful as shocks too. 

A tip for controllers: put the "activate" and "reverse direction" AGs on the same group to make a toggle function for things like servos that don't have two set positions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.