Constellation Mission Packs Discussion Thread!

Maybe I will update to 1.0.3 now, since I hear SRBs (AresRBs) are more powerful now.

My stock one will be built on having a "Low" (100-250) part count per major vehicle (Duna landers, MTV). Sure, it will be sacrificing some aesthetics, but I want it to be playable without crashing the game on a potato laptop.

I'm still using intakes, it doesn't add that much. How are you doing it?

I'm probably going to go for fuel tanks.

MJ, how many parts is your DTV?

For DTV+Orion:

I haven't tested them together yet. Not that many I don't think. Let me check.

Ouch, 615. It's a thing of beauty though! :D Come one Squad, fix it, fix it, fix it.

Today was productive! I finished the third DTV rebuild, better than ever and only a few parts more. Also tested out a concept for the Ares V with promising results, and made something special. There's no room for it on my DTV, but I can think of something it *would* be good for..

MJ, how many parts is your DTV?

Hey man, I'm not sure. Over 500 under 600. I will check tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Today was productive! I finished the third DTV rebuild, better than ever and only a few parts more. Also tested out a concept for the Ares V with promising results, and made something special. There's no room for it on my DTV, but I can think of something it *would* be good for..

Glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing the results!

I will not be able to work on my Constell Mission and all other crafts due to my computer freaking out on me, the files are intact though, I'll still be able to post but won't be able to actually play for a while.

I will not be able to work on my Constell Mission and all other crafts due to my computer freaking out on me, the files are intact though, I'll still be able to post but won't be able to actually play for a while.

Sorry to hear that dude..

GAH!

About halfway through my burn, a remote guidance system, and 2 cubics exploded due to overheating on the Orion! How on kerbin did that happen!

4bdXUPt.png

No warning, I must have missed the temp gauge, seems far to easy to miss. Ah well, maybe if I add some radiators to Orion?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I figured it out! The gauges only show up when I change the mode with F10.

GAH!

About halfway through my burn, a remote guidance system, and 2 cubics exploded due to overheating on the Orion! How on kerbin did that happen!

http://i.imgur.com/4bdXUPt.png

No warning, I must have missed the temp gauge, seems far to easy to miss. Ah well, maybe if I add some radiators to Orion?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I figured it out! The gauges only show up when I change the mode with F10.

Ooh that could have been nasty. I flew another Altair Mun mission tonight. Gearing up for release of that part of the pack.

Ooh that could have been nasty. I flew another Altair Mun mission tonight. Gearing up for release of that part of the pack.

I like your idea of releasing Altair and Orion first, but I still don't know how big Ares V will have to be, because I don't know how heavy my NTRPS will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my Orion is completely broken, because whenever I launch, the cubic strut which holds the RSC blocks explodes, because it's clipped through the fairings! It's the same problem as with the Cargo bay/Reaction wheel heat bomb bug.

I like your idea of releasing Altair and Orion first, but I still don't know how big Ares V will have to be, because I don't know how heavy my NTRPS will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my Orion is completely broken, because whenever I launch, the cubic strut which holds the RSC blocks explodes, because it's clipped through the fairings! It's the same problem as with the Cargo bay/Reaction wheel heat bomb bug.

Yup, I still think it's due to thing being stowed/clipped in some way..

Yeah I'm still to test the DTV components in my Ares V. And successfully get a lander into orbit.. the new SRBs will help though. But the lag is so much worse now.. It really puts me off testing.

Just launch with ignor heat enabled then, if Squad screwed up, I'm not hestitating to use cheats to fix those problems.

Personally, I would happily build a craft which requires cheats as a requirement from the get-go, but I think my "Craft doesn't work? F12 it, then see what it says!" Attitude isn't shared by everyone, so I would prefer to release a craft which works without cheats.

Sorry everyone, I've been delayed due to trip preparations, haven't been able to get to my computer for long periods of time (I am using my iPad). I'll be flying to China tomorrow. Will continue working once I adjust my internal clock to Beijing time. I'll dump all the WIP stuff I didn't show here later today.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.