Constellation Mission Packs Discussion Thread!

300th post in the thread!

Early version of my DTV:

http://i.imgur.com/eewROKF.png

Whats the grey thing on the end of the NTR's?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry everyone, I've been delayed due to trip preparations, haven't been able to get to my computer for long periods of time (I am using my iPad). I'll be flying to China tomorrow. Will continue working once I adjust my internal clock to Beijing time. I'll dump all the WIP stuff I didn't show here later today.

Are you going to be in HK?

Damn. I'm going to have to wait till 1.1 to release this, the clipped sudden overheating bug has killed my Ares V, Ares I and Copernicus DTV. They all blow up instantaneously. I'll keep working on them all, but it's a bit of a bummer :huh:

Damn. I'm going to have to wait till 1.1 to release this, the clipped sudden overheating bug has killed my Ares V, Ares I and Copernicus DTV. They all blow up instantaneously. I'll keep working on them all, but it's a bit of a bummer :huh:

oh man... really? What part is causing it? you should see it overheating in the staging menu.

That fatal overheat happens instantly... At least that was what disintegrated my Jool-5 ship in a single blast without warning... Everything looking fine and under control... The next moment you look at dissolving sparkles and not a single surviving part... I hope they get this fixed in the next update.

With me, it's a cubic strut clipped into the fairing body of Orion. There's no doubt that the landers will have the same problem, though. You can see what part it is, if you turn on ignore max temp.

Hmm I seem to be ok so far. I have experienced it but only in certain situations. All my craft survived intact thankfully.

I'm making a video with my Ares V and Altair. It's 7mins long and it's hard to copy in detail. I'm up to 2mins after 8 hours work..

Hmm I seem to be ok so far. I have experienced it but only in certain situations. All my craft survived intact thankfully.

I'm making a video with my Ares V and Altair. It's 7mins long and it's hard to copy in detail. I'm up to 2mins after 8 hours work..

I'm doing the video too, but it will take me a lot longer. I've traced the booster issue to the exact parts, and the booster seems to work fine when the clipped part is removed. Removing it makes the boosters look pretty ugly though, so I just have to pray the issue is fixed by then.

- - - Updated - - -

I debated using the new probe cores for the fuel tanks instead of the drills, but they have a greenish tint to them I don't like. Oh well, still good for Apollo LEMs. The telescope itself will be nice for my Hubble/JWST rebuilds, as will the dish and solar panels.

[...]

I debated using the new probe cores for the fuel tanks instead of the drills, but they have a greenish tint to them I don't like. Oh well, still good for Apollo LEMs. The telescope itself will be nice for my Hubble/JWST rebuilds, as will the dish and solar panels.

I'm worried that those parts won't be integrated into stock, if you want to get them stock, take a look at the thread in my sig.

The Ares I posted by me a while back has been scrapped in favor of a much more ambitious prototype. I think you will all like it..

In other news, I'm having difficulty with my Orion pad abort tests. The LES tower is super weak, it can't even pull the Orion off of the launchpad complex.

The Ares I posted by me a while back has been scrapped in favor of a much more ambitious prototype. I think you will all like it..

In other news, I'm having difficulty with my Orion pad abort tests. The LES tower is super weak, it can't even pull the Orion off of the launchpad complex.

I look forward to seeing it dude! Is you LES just pulling out the capsule?

Yup. Maybe I can try clipping 4 LESs into each other. Kids, don't try this at home!

Hmm, do you have any extra weight in it? Mine comes out ok. I have the obligatory heatshield, docking port and four parachutes.

Unrelated, but...Zucal..? Is the admin who pranked Rick pranking you as well? Your rep?

No, there's a recently trending option to disable your rep bars. Although it's been there a long time, DuoDex's use of it sparked a trend.. :)

Beet of luck, guys! I never have as much determination as you guys do ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.