How do you feel about current KSP?

11of10

Are you satisfied with the current version of the game?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the current version of the game?

• Yes, KSP is good, whiners should be sent to mine irridium in the mines on Eve!
    • No, this game is incomplete, how dare they give us this rubbish! Shoot them with frying pans!

Tis a shame. Where is the third (middle) option for "I love the game but it should still be in beta." You don't start polishing until you smooth out the rough spots. And in some areas, 20 grit paper is needed.

Still better than 95% of the games I see out there.

As with all things, this is just my opinion.

P.S. Would still buy it, even with knowing all the issues, love it that much.

I honestly think this poll is very weird in general. I think the "whiners" (which I haven't seen many people complaining) usually have valid points for complaining when they do. I also think the game is great how it is but of course could ALWAYS be improved on and added to. I think the modding community will do a great job of keeping fresh content for us to try out but updates from Squad are always amazing as well.

I think it's appalling that the very first thing they did after the official release was to add an unnecessary feature that crashes the game, and leave it to fester for over a month. That is my biggest complaint at this point. My second complaint is that Mk3 parts are still unusable - if you try to land a Mk 3 plane, it will fall apart.

Neither. The game is a lot better than it was and the game still needs a lot of work. It`s not unplayable and it`s not perfect. Some complainers have valid points and SQUAD have also made quite a nice game.

If the current bugs were gone I`d be calling for graphical improvements to the shaders.

SQUAD, have a look at `scatterer` combined with EVE clouds if you need inspiration...

The game is great, more than I ever had hoped for! It needs some bug fixing and tweaks but which game doesn't?

I hope we will get a switch to replace oxidizer with liquid fuel and maybe a slight tweak to the drag system but I'm happy. Thanks Squad. Now make lots of DLC and then KSP 2 plox!

Wow. What subtlety in the poll options. Much accurate. Very choices.

KSP is the best game I've played in years and it is not perfect in any sense. Much like most of the games I love. Skyrim? I've got more hours into it than KSP, still crashes regularly on a console. Orbiter? Didn't even support sound. Just Cause 2? The map is way, way too big. GTA 5? No mod support from devs and the cheats that are included are lackluster, plus the complete lack of ongoing support for non-multiplayer folks like me.

Yes I can and will criticize these games. Yes, I love these games. How's that for an answer??

unsatisfied

the problem for me is the change in the playability. I understand the need for change and improve but the current version make it unplayable. Yea yea I know, you have to be flexable but the primary fun of the game is to successfully launch rockets and the current physics makes that a chore.

so whats the goal for KSP? if they are attempting to make a more difficult harder to play game they have succeded, with the mechjeb mod not reliably working or needing a major adjustments to make a rocket go into orbit forcing players to manually launch every rocket yea they did that well.

And don't start with the rocket purest speech, not everyone want to spend a huge amount of time building, testing, crashing ad repeat 30 times just to get a simple payload into orbit. or trying for the 20th time to keep the rocket from flipping when the previous versions had mods that could easily place rockets into orbit.

think I will download the .9 versions and play with them until they fix the atmosphere effects so it isn't a manuel launch every time I send a playload into orbit.

that said, I have a lot of time in the game and still love it. the problem is it is not as black and white as this pole is trying to suggest. They added a very major change with atmosphere and pasted as a 1.0 out of beta release. Bad if your trying to get new players to play a buggy, glitch game.

Still in development maybe the next update will turn down the atmosphere effects or make it easier to launch.

Edited by OgreMagi
new opinion

Neutral vote options next time, please. Can´t vote, as the options aren´t fitting my opinion.

On a clear yes - no poll i would have voted "no" though. The game is lacking a lot of polish.

1. There are options on many parts in the editor with no function while some are missing essential tweaks.

- toggle flag (on many parts), blink lights are there but with no function.

- solar panels f.e. need to be extendable in the editor to check, if the ship works properly.

2. The stock fairings are done in a haste with lots of essential things missing (copied from a post of mine in another thread).

- Bad interstage connections as the "loose end" does not really connect to the part above. Total lack of adding to the crafts structural stability.

- Payload wobbling through the fairings and no option to strut the payload to the fairing.

- No use as an aeroshell as they can only be jettisoned completely but not in controlled ways.

- No possibility to mount something to the side of the fairing.

- No option to select out of how many slices the fairing is constructed. Gets essential when it comes to constellation type missions for example.

- Total confetti overflow when building a round rocket tip and not using a mod to prevent this.

- Fairing bases should be covered by the fairing to allow smoother building.

- Make fairing slices ablative to serve as an aeroshell (would also make nice black and white shells possible...)

3. Sounds

- Lots of sounds are not present (they have been announced for 1.0.x - but still, 1.0 means finished)

4. Parts missing

- Switching the NERV to liquid fuel only - logical thing, but where are proper tanks?

- Inline cargo bays - awesome, but can we have a 3.75m one and the option to stack them for larger cargo holds?

5. Effects

- Surface effects like volcanic activity, a little vegetation on Laythe, sandstorms on Duna... things that were on the list back in the .21+ era - not present at all.

- And come on... WHERE ARE THE CLOUDS?

6. Stabililty

- The constant crashes on OSX (almost once every half hour) - This is not, what i expect from a 1.0 version

Don´t get me wrong... I LOVE THIS GAME!

I play KSP constantly for almost 2 years now, but those points are really bugging me.

I never complained during alpha and beta, but now i am a bit annoyed of getting the "use a mod for that" answer, for things that should really be in the game. Give it some care please!

Love the game.

Finished? No, but then it never will be. There will always be extra stuff that could be added (or should be depending on ones POV).

Needs 'polish'? Yes, I don't really have an issue with the relatively basic graphics when compared to a lot of current games, it looks okay, it works, and doesn't clog up already stretched resources just to make it pretty. That said, stuff like clouds and a several places of 'natural beauty' to visit on each body are obvious by their absence.

Balance? Still needs some work here, but no balance setting will please everyone, I quite like it overall, but looking forward to a 'more' final balance tweak in 1.0.3.

Bugs? They'll never squash 'em all, and as long as they keep trying to catch them as they appear we can't realistically expect any more. There are a few glitches that should ideally have been addressed by now, though I'm lucky that none have given me huge problems personally.

Overall I like the 1.x.x incarnation better than 0.90 and earlier.

Iridium mines are too good

-their Mach1 should be 100 m/s!

-their KSC [start game] should be on Eve.

-they should be sent too Jool to condense The Morph Kraken essence.

-their strut connectors should be made of chow mien noodles!

-they should have to face the killer rabbit and be thrown in the cave of aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

- - - Updated - - -

Neutral vote options next time, please. Can´t vote, as the options aren´t fitting my opinion.

On a clear yes - no poll i would have voted "no" though. The game is lacking a lot of polish.

1. There are options on many parts in the editor with no function while some are missing essential tweaks.

- toggle flag (on many parts), blink lights are there but with no function.

- solar panels f.e. need to be extendable in the editor to check, if the ship works properly.

2. The stock fairings are done in a haste with lots of essential things missing (copied from a post of mine in another thread).

- Bad interstage connections as the "loose end" does not really connect to the part above. Total lack of adding to the crafts structural stability.

- Payload wobbling through the fairings and no option to strut the payload to the fairing.

- No use as an aeroshell as they can only be jettisoned completely but not in controlled ways.

- No possibility to mount something to the side of the fairing.

- No option to select out of how many slices the fairing is constructed. Gets essential when it comes to constellation type missions for example.

- Total confetti overflow when building a round rocket tip and not using a mod to prevent this.

- Fairing bases should be covered by the fairing to allow smoother building.

- Make fairing slices ablative to serve as an aeroshell (would also make nice black and white shells possible...)

3. Sounds

- Lots of sounds are not present (they have been announced for 1.0.x - but still, 1.0 means finished)

4. Parts missing

- Switching the NERV to liquid fuel only - logical thing, but where are proper tanks?

- Inline cargo bays - awesome, but can we have a 3.75m one and the option to stack them for larger cargo holds?

5. Effects

- Surface effects like volcanic activity, a little vegetation on Laythe, sandstorms on Duna... things that were on the list back in the .21+ era - not present at all.

- And come on... WHERE ARE THE CLOUDS?

6. Stabililty

- The constant crashes on OSX (almost once every half hour) - This is not, what i expect from a 1.0 version

Don´t get me wrong... I LOVE THIS GAME!

I play KSP constantly for almost 2 years now, but those points are really bugging me.

I never complained during alpha and beta, but now i am a bit annoyed of getting the "use a mod for that" answer, for things that should really be in the game. Give it some care please!

If you want to go this direction, I would argue the game is missing good instructions on how to build stuff. The parts complaint is hollow in my opinion, I think people who can design premium parts deserve to play a premium game. If you can't, then thats a game level you haven't stepped up to yet. It like in Wow, folks who go out an buy mounts or you spend a month on a quest to get a mount there is some effort to get the premium stuff.

In KSP its alot easier, if you are good you can make the dream part you want in a few seconds or download it from a mod site, trade with your friends.

"- solar panels f.e. need to be extendable in the editor to check, if the ship works properly."

launch the vessel, test the part on the launch pad, then recover, you don't loose anything. A few parts, IMO, should be extendable in the VAB, you end up having to activate the part on the launch pad.

"- Payload wobbling through the fairings and no option to strut the payload to the fairing."

Yes you can, you can strut from the payload down to the base of the fairing near the outside edge as long as the entire strut is inside the fairing. This may not seem like much but if you have many segments between the struts origin and the fairing you will lower the segmental flexibility. See my post in the modding thread. I built a whole new station hub just to take advantage of the fairings and alow connector attachment (origin).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124274-Aero-fairing-compatable-station-hub

"- No possibility to mount something to the side of the fairing."

mounting to the outside I would not support. Its a cheat.

"- No option to select out of how many slices the fairing is constructed. Gets essential when it comes to constellation type missions for example."

use multiple fairings (See link)

"- The constant crashes on OSX"

Doesn't play on iPad either, but thats another issue.

Now I think the game needs a 2.5 ghz processor and 4 gigs of mem so we are not talking about every computer. When Unity 5 comes out I may have to buy a new computer.

BTW, are you sure its OSX and not one of the mods or addons. Check your reload log file, I had alot of obsolete mods that did not get installed correctly.

I supported KSP while still in Early Access on Steam, sort of a year ago maybe. And finally I started playing it a week ego, when I heard that it has been released.

I am very happy that such a game exists and that I can play it. However, the Mac version of KSP 1.0.2 is so bugged that I finally had a reason to install Linux.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.