[STOCK] [Super-Detailed] WWII Era Vehicles (Latest: Supermarine Spitfire) [With BD Armory Variants]

J7MqoM2.jpg

(Pictured: Messerschmitt BF 109)

Hi-de-ho everyone, Rix Killian here, pleased to unveil the latest in Killian Dynamic Systems (KDS) replica technology! Today we'll be stepping back in time, to the days of Swing Jazz, early radar, and the first jet aircraft. That's right folks, we're heading back to the early 1940's, when WWII raged throughout the world!

All aircraft are built to within 5% of their original dimensions, with heavy focus on flight behaviors such as maneuverability and top speed.

Land vehicles are built to approximately 130% scale in order to scale properly with KSP wheels. All Land vehicles have "functional" engines that must be turned on - see description.

Every craft is flyable without SAS (I never use it for any of these)

That said, let's move on the the showcase!

Latest: LCVP - Higgins Boat (Under "Ships" category)

WNPfURZ.png?1

Aircraft

Spoiler

Fighters:

Vought F4U Corsair

The Vought F4U Corsair was an American carrier based naval fighter. It includes a tailhook arrestor system to allow carrier use. This plane has a small amount of static instability to generate massive maneuverability, so it does take some practice to get used to its flight behavior.

Parts: 132

Mass: 7.8 tons

Cost: fUODmlmqzcJ4GkH3Sl4W6-2921Sx_gQW0PbVOSWk_75Tyr2BKeo5CziqgqB0YeuClR4UtTXuK4l5CxA3OHCu-jxhmDgMShrzm7OLHqW6itfwnltLGa4bWN1JfnxT4go3By_a2Fg106052

Top Speed: 130 m/s

BDArmory version: Two wing mounted machine guns, two rocket pods

Stock Version Download

BDArmory Version Download

Curtiss P-36 Hawk

The Curtiss P-36 was an American-built fighter that was on the forefront of a new wave of combat aircraft - with a mostly metal monoplane design and a powerful radial engine. This replica is my favorite of those I’ve built, both in terms of flight characteristics and the clean lines.

Parts: 167

Mass: 8.0 tons

Cost: fUODmlmqzcJ4GkH3Sl4W6-2921Sx_gQW0PbVOSWk_75Tyr2BKeo5CziqgqB0YeuClR4UtTXuK4l5CxA3OHCu-jxhmDgMShrzm7OLHqW6itfwnltLGa4bWN1JfnxT4go3By_a2Fg75770

Top Speed: 130 m/s

BDArmory version: Two wing mounted cannons

Stock Version Download

Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI

While not the most numerous RAF fighter plane in the war, the Spitfire is arguably the most famous - Considered by some to be the quintessential British fighter.

With a top speed of 125 m/s, and fantastic control responsiveness, this is a plane to be reckoned with.

This replica is 1:1 scale, and includes functioning flaps and realistic control layouts.

Take-Off Procedure:

I've found the best way to take off is to lower the flaps and set full throttle, but don't pull up until the plane tips onto the main wheels and the tailwheel is off the ground. Then pull up very gently, and retract the gear and flaps.

Download

Messerschmitt Bf 109

The Messerschmitt Bf 109 was a German fighter and was the most produced fighter plane in history. It was an incredibly competent aircraft, remaining a threat to Allied fighter's through the end of the war.

Parts: 131

Mass: 7.0 tons

Cost: t9HeyMGDhgfmkqnQVXGFa4Txlqi_i_jw-1PjvirIqE9IE9rwgigQ_qDLGy49Fyxx-fSJtxhWhgJAA8nwzrusc5xEEVU-RBndXlf2PGyWbGO4IiX5QZ0cyz-qKEvuSlkjNuQTLqE56399

Top Speed: 115 m/s

BDArmory version: Two wing mounted machine guns, 1x 500 lb bomb

Stock Version Download

BDArmory version Download

Mitsubishi A6M Zero

The Mitsubishi Zero was a Japanese long range fighter plane, that was widely known in the early war period as the most capable carrier-based fighter. This was primarily due to its long range and excellent maneuverability. Includes a fuel drop-pod and a tailhook for carrier landings.

Parts: 156

Mass: 9.2 tons

Cost: t9HeyMGDhgfmkqnQVXGFa4Txlqi_i_jw-1PjvirIqE9IE9rwgigQ_qDLGy49Fyxx-fSJtxhWhgJAA8nwzrusc5xEEVU-RBndXlf2PGyWbGO4IiX5QZ0cyz-qKEvuSlkjNuQTLqE81360

Top Speed: 125 m/s

BDArmory version: Two wing mounted machine guns, one nose mounted machine gun

Planned:

Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

Curtiss SOC Seagull

Gloster Meteor (Coming Soon)

Grumman F4F Wildcat

Brewster Buffalo

Lockheed P-38 Lightning (Coming Soon)

North-American P-51C Mustang

North-American P-51D Mustang

Focke-Wulf FW 190

Polikarpov I-15

Macchi C.202

Heavy Fighters:

Planned:

Bell YFM-1 Airacuda

Bristol Type 156 Beaufighter

Petlyakov Pe-3

Junkers Ju 88

Attack/Dive Bombers:

Planned:

Curtiss Helldiver

Junkers Ju 87 Stuka

Torpedo Bombers:

Planned:

Grumman TBF Avenger (Coming Soon)

Fieseler Fi 167

Bombers:

Planned:

Horten Ho 229 (Coming Soon)

North American B-25 Mitchell

North American B-45 Tornado

Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

Consolidated PBY Catalina (Coming Soon)

Avro Lancaster

Arado Ar 234

Mitsubishi G3M

Transport Aircraft:

Planned:

Douglas C-47 Skytrain (DC-3)

Messerschmitt Me 323 Gigant

Junkers Ju 52

Experimental:

Planned:

Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender

Bell XP-83

Saunders-Roe SR.A/1

Bereznyak-Isayev BI-1

8gj7vmf.png?1

Trucks

Spoiler

Utility:

GAZ AAA

The GAZ AAA was a 6x4 cargo truck based on the Ford Model AA and built by GAZ in the Soviet Union.

Parts: 267

Mass: 14.7 tons

Cost: rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA57092

Download

GAZ AAA Quad Maxim

The GAZ AAA was a 6x4 cargo truck based on the Ford Model AA and built by GAZ in the Soviet Union. This replica has a lookalike Russian Quad Maxim gun mounted in the bed.

Parts: 283

Mass: 14.4 tons

Cost: 73302

Download

Willys MB

The Willys MB was a four-wheel drive light utility vehicle used by the US Army in the later years of WWII. It eventually evolved into the series of civilian offroad Jeeps we all know.

Parts: 196

Mass: 8.5 tons

Cost: rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA51045

Download

Planned:

Dodge WC41

Dodge WC52

Bedford OY

Scammell Pioneer

Mercedes-Benz L3000

Half Track:

Planned:

M2 Half Track

Sd.Kfz. 7

fazcXLB.png?1

Tanks

Spoiler

Light:

Planned:

M3 Stuart

Medium:

M4 Sherman

The M4 Sherman was the most numerous battle tank used by the United States in WWII, being reliable and mobile. This replica is modeled after the cast hull variant, and has a functional turret that can be separated by staging, and runs impressively smoothly. Take care not to turn too fast as the turret makes the craft top heavy.

Parts: 331

Mass: 27.9 tons

Cost: rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA199107

BDArmory version: One 105 mm howitzer on the turret, one 30 mm automatic cannon on the body

Stock Version Download

Planned:

Panzer IV

Heavy:

Planned:

M26 Pershing

Tiger II

KV-1

Tank Destroyers:

Planned:

M36 Tank Destroyer

a1FxZUx.png?1

Ships

Spoiler

Landing Craft:

LCVP - Higgins Boat

LCVPs (Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel), were used to deliver troops by water, where they would be deployed from transport ships. The basic design and cheap materials made LCVPs straightforward and inexpensive to build. The ramp on this replica is fully functional and surprisingly robust - it uses @Majorjim's thermometer bearing. Use staging to detach the ramp, and when controlling the ramp use Action Group 1 to toggle the latch and pitch controls to raise or lower it.

Parts: 238

Mass: 18.1 tons

Cost: rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA64388

Download

Cruisers:

Cleveland Class Light Cruiser

The Cleveland-class cruisers were designed by the US Navy with a goal of increased range, along with upgrades in armaments and defense. This craft is functional and is crewed by seven kerbals. Control with yaw.

-I'll be rebuilding this to a higher scale now that buoyancy has been revamped. Also it currently floats with the deck underwater, just a warning.

Parts: 804

Mass: 150.7 tons

Cost: rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA416853

BDArmory version: 4 Flak turrets, 12 Howitzers on 6 turrets, 4 30mm cannons

Thank you for joining me, good building to you all!

Disclaimer:

Anyone is free to download, use, and change these crafts as they see fit. However, these crafts are my intellectual property and therefore you may not duplicate or claim as your own any of them. If you present these crafts in any form (pictures, videos), credit must be given with a link to this thread. Downloads for these crafts may only be posted with express written permission from the author (Morgan Gilbert, aka. Rix Killian). By downloading these crafts you agree to these terms.

I'd love to see any uses of these craft, so shoot me a message if you want to!

Note: Due to the 1.05 update, some craft were damaged to the point of unflyability, so I took those off the list. Temporarily! Once I fix them (some of them need a total rebuild) I'll repost them. The old versions can still be found on my Kerbalx page.

Edited by RixKillian
Updated Supermarine Spitfire

OHMYGOD! Wow. Wow. :confused::0.0::0.0::confused:

Wonderful craft, man. I really want to see how all this turns out. Don't forget to post a hello in the Welcome Aboard subforum!

+Rep.

Remember, though, it'll be hard to top this.

I WANT TRY 2 FLY NOW!!!

Now this is some seriously good stuff :)

could you have a go at a short stirling, its my favourite plane like ever :)

Added to the planned list! (And thank you!)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, for ships, you could make a Patrol Boat like the PT-109. Famous boat, that was. JFK and all.

Yup I'll give it a try!

Hello everyone, I'd like to present my latest addition to the project:

Willys MB Jeep

ElrNdTD.png

The Willys MB Jeep was a four-wheel drive light utility vehicle used by the US Army in the later years of WWII. It eventually evolved into the series of civilian offroad Jeeps we all know.

Cost: rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA51045

Enjoy!

Hello everyone, I'd like to present my latest addition to the project:

The Willys MB Jeep was a four-wheel drive light utility vehicle used by the US Army in the later years of WWII. It eventually evolved into the series of civilian offroad Jeeps we all know.

Cost: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/rwGmwPktxe9GN9sIWk4qgs7mx8kGM36BYxgXkPFcrPvMMOFmUS-llR98o0Huo9APlvB6MtXHhY5JC43mKP5FOyT7guTZTim5V__BhS316zEpYK4MhkNBDarF8mnSUmwNlYVsKHA51045

Enjoy!

The jeep is great! Keep this up man, you're good at this.

Next will likely be the Grumman TBF Avenger, I have one made but it's somewhat undersized, so I either have to expand it or completely remake it (I'm dreading that) Here's a sneak peak (Undersized version pictured):

fgmb3Og.png

I'm with Majorjim.

Try something else and come back to it.

You seem to have a thing for WWII USN carrier-based planes. Why not try the Grumman Hellcat, Wildcat, Bearcat, or the Brewster Buffalo? Or the Douglas SBD Dauntless? Or the Devastator?

There are so many things to do, don't get stuck on one plane.

You seem to have a thing for WWII USN carrier-based planes. Why not try the Grumman Hellcat, Wildcat, Bearcat, or the Brewster Buffalo? Or the Douglas SBD Dauntless? Or the Devastator?

The Wildcat looks fun, I'll add that to the list.

The Dauntless is too similar to the Avenger and Thingymajigy has already made a very nice detailed Dauntless over on SparrowHawk Aeronautics, so I'm going to skip that one.. Thanks for the suggestions though!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.