[STOCK] [Super-Detailed] WWII Era Vehicles (Latest: Supermarine Spitfire) [With BD Armory Variants]

I would love to see an Aircraft Carrier, and Merchant Marines' ship; I'm not requesting any specific class(es) of these ships.

Sure, I've been trying to design a carrier for a while, but haven't made much progress since anything big enough to be useful would have far too many parts

I could, it'd be nice to have a functional one though. (Actually I could make it just big enough to launch planes even if they have to use parachutes to land back on the carrier)

Well, you could tr making a small planes, THEN a carrier for it, for test :D

The latest in the arsenal: a WIP replica of a Cleveland Class light cruiser - approximately at 30% scale. Fully armed with Howitzers, flak cannons, and 30 mm cannons, it's surely a force to be reckoned with.

Should be released within a day or so, I just need to perfect it and try to cut down on parts (currently sits at 605 parts)

(BDArmory version pictured, I'm still developing the stock version)

Feedback is appreciated!

Edited by RixKillian

Amazing! May I request (If no one has already) an XP-55 ascender?

Added! (And thank you!)

- - - Updated - - -

KV-1 and KV-2 by chance?

Also, Hawker Hurricane and Wellington would be amazing.

I'll add the KV-1, the Hurricane and Wellington are very similar to other planes I already have planned, so I'm going to pass on those until I finish my current queue. Thanks for the suggestions!

I believe the KV-1 is a heavy tank, not a medium tank. :D

Also, may I suggest the German SdKfz 222 armored car?

(Sorry for a third edit)

How do you measure the dimensions of your models/stock parts? I've always been interested in how replica builders know the sizes.

Edited by BaneOfPilots

(Sorry for a third edit)

How do you measure the dimensions of your models/stock parts? I've always been interested in how replica builders know the sizes.

As something of a replica builder myself, I have to say: I don't. Some of the stuff I replicate has dimensions, but since the Kerbol system is about .64 of real life, I just eyeball it from reference drawings. I also read up a bit on what I'm building, so I can understand what is inside it, and I can replicate it better. :)

What MRS said. I'm all about replicas, but what matters to me is getting the looks down, not the relative sizes. Eyeballing is enough, although I usually compare it to some other build after to make sure it's not grossly out of whack. Another thing I do is compare the real thing to a human in terms of size, then make sure that craft-human ratio is roughly the same as my replica-Kerbal ratio.

(Sorry for a third edit)

1. Yes, you're right, I'll make that change, thanks!

2. Of course, added

3. Actually, if you click on the gear icon in the lower right of the SPH or VAB it gives you the dimensions of your craft!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick Notice:

Now that I've (with all of your help) compiled a decent list of vehicles in each category, I'm going to avoid adding more vehicles for a while (unless your idea is rather unique) until I've made more of a dent in the massive list.

Also, school gets out on Wednesday for me, so starting then I aim to pump out a replica at least every two days.

Thank you all for your support!

Hello all! I'd like to present the latest replica:

Gloster Meteor

KFsrSrT.png

The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter and was the Allies only operational jet aircraft in WWII.

Parts: 145

Mass: 13.8 tons

Cost: IWg1FvFD4Upm8-MldY6pvX3U9CMDOS8GgNgNndPZb8iHyC8VPDIt_UyIv0y_W_cY5cXmVNYWjkzhRtobUNfVWq3du5mGbWA2krzqlVeN3bM3AJSR6vxp3PS39wGrc7o8f1ofYao101135

Top Speed: 230 m/s

BDArmory version: Four nose mounted 20 mm cannons, 2x 500 lb bombs

Hello all! I'd like to present the latest replica:

The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter and was the Allies only operational jet aircraft in WWII.

Parts: 145

Mass: 13.8 tons

Cost: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/IWg1FvFD4Upm8-MldY6pvX3U9CMDOS8GgNgNndPZb8iHyC8VPDIt_UyIv0y_W_cY5cXmVNYWjkzhRtobUNfVWq3du5mGbWA2krzqlVeN3bM3AJSR6vxp3PS39wGrc7o8f1ofYao101135

Top Speed: 230 m/s

BDArmory version: Four nose mounted 20 mm cannons, 2x 500 lb bombs

Nice, but how do you land? the airbrakes deploy when you hit brakes, right?

Nice, but how do you land? the airbrakes deploy when you hit brakes, right?

Sorry, I'm not sure I get your meaning - What airbrakes are you referring to?

If you're talking about the engine cowlings, those are inverted structural intakes, not airbrakes

You, sir are a genius. I must spread some rep around, but I will rep you. :)

Ah thanks, those intakes have proved to be invaluable with this project, both for body shapes and engines, apparently :D

He'll probably make them without, thats how i did mine :)

Right, until there's a reliable way of making treads

wow, these look really good!

Thank you! It's a real honor

Hi all! I apologize for the lack of activity - the past several days have been spent in Arlington, WA with a group from school testing a rocket engine with help from Aerojet-Rocketdyne.

YWY8lB9.png

Unfortunately those beautiful shock diamonds only lasted a few frames on the camera, after that the engine just spewed the LOx and ethanol which continued to burn outside of the nozzle. But now that the tests are finished for this year, I should be back on track!

YSTOhY9.jpg

On another note, while I was up at the Arlington Municipal Airport I saw quite a few gorgeous planes - There was a MIG 21 that had been sitting there for years (There was a bird's nest in the engine), a stunning Douglas DC-3, and even a replica Douglas World Cruiser that a few people had been building for the past few years.

I'll be up at the airport again for the Arlington Airshow from July 9th to 11th, so if you're in the area come check out the Tesla STEM High School Rocket Internship!

Cheers - Rix Killian

Edited by RixKillian

Hello all, the latest replica is here!

Brewster F4A Buffalo

0EgHNc8.png

The Brewster F4A Buffalo was an early WWII American fighter aircraft, used extensively in the US Navy. This plane has very similar characteristics to the original - that is, overweight and unstable.

Parts: 186

Mass: 9.5 tons

Cost: IWg1FvFD4Upm8-MldY6pvX3U9CMDOS8GgNgNndPZb8iHyC8VPDIt_UyIv0y_W_cY5cXmVNYWjkzhRtobUNfVWq3du5mGbWA2krzqlVeN3bM3AJSR6vxp3PS39wGrc7o8f1ofYao101341

Top Speed: 84 m/s

BDArmory version: Two wing mounted 20 mm machine guns

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.