[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

I made an icon for ARP and corrected the specific heat capacity of Glykerol.

I made a PR for it.

If you want to share and have me distribute this with the general release of the mod please send to me via Private Message. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, just picked up your pull request. Thanks!!! I'll look at it later.

Edited by JPLRepo

Need a fix on the description for 3 kerbal deepfreeze module.

Look, it describes as 10 kerbal freeze, is like it is done by copy paste from the 10 kerbal cam.

;)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/397/19785378786_bee0cda12a_o.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-18 at 20.17.16 by Rafael Valle, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/468/19816377721_b36e791320_o.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-18 at 20.17.21 by Rafael Valle, on Flickr

Yes thanks. As per previous posts by Olympic1. This is a known issue and will be fixed in next version, which is coming soon.

The Next Version will include new single Kerbal 1.25M freezer (a.k.a. the CRY-0300)

Sneak-peek (textures and internals are not finalized), and Yes that is a transparent part with external doors that open and close and is fully active (not a dummy) so you can see the internal from the outside.

SnGzsjl.png

Edited by JPLRepo

This would be very interesting mod, especially for those who want to freeze their Kerbals and thaw em out when they feel like it. Useful for also freezing Kerbals and thawing them in the future when their needed.

Just an update for everyone on current work I am doing on this mod.

So the 1 Kerbal freezer (to be known as the CRY-0300) is almost complete. MerlinsMaster is just putting the finishing touches on the textures and model. Had a few issues with the code that have been sorted out. The CRY-0300 functions with external doors that open/shut and you can see the real Internals. Another feature it will have is any Kerbal inside will put on or remove their helmet depending on whether the external door is open or closed and if you are in a breathable atmosphere or not. This only works if you also have Raster Prop Monitor (RPM) Mod installed.

If you do not have RPM installed the external doors will be welded shut and the part will function like the other freezer parts, with fully working internal/pod, you just won't be able to open the doors and see inside from the outside.

So RPM will be an optional dependency.

Also I have been working on adding functionality that will integrate DeepFreeze Continued... with Kerbal Alarm Clock (KAC).

So you will be able to modify any existing KAC alarm for any vessel that has a freezer attached to automatically freeze or thaw selected kerbals based on the alarm. IE: A SOI alarm, or a Transfer window alarm. Or any alarm that you can create in KAC can have freeze/thaw events attached to it.

The way this will work is you will have to:-

a) create the alarm itself in KAC first (but this provides much richer features than if I built just basic alarms myself)

B) You can only modify alarms for the active vessel, but can see all alarms (through DeepFreeze menu or KAC menu).

c) The Thaw/Freeze will only work if you switch to the vessel in question when the alarm triggers.

So KAC will also be an optional dependency. If you don't have KAC installed, this feature will be disabled.

It's not quite there yet, but hope to have this done fairly soon. Depending on the timing with the CRY-0300 they will either come out together in the next version or the CRY-0300 may come out in the next version and the Alarm Clock integration in the following version.

Stay Tuned and stay Frosty!! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just an update, work is about 95% complete on Kerbal Alarm Clock (KAC) integration and the new CRY-0300 is almost complete as well.

Just a few more bugs and a bit more work to do on the KAC code. In the meantime I've uploaded two test videos for you all to enjoy a sneek peek preview.

You can see two issues with the CRY-0300 towards the end of the first video. The bugs and missing code for KAC integration isn't so obvious.

Testing the new CRY-0300

Testing KAC integration

Hope to have this out within the next week.

Cheers!

Update on Progress for V0.18.

The code and modelling work is almost done.

Waiting for MerlinsMaster to put some finishing touches on things but he has had other real world things to deal with the past week.

I discovered a bug in RasterPropMonitor that needs to be fixed for the new 1-kerbal Freezer part. So waiting for MOARdV to reelase v0.22.0 of RPM with bug fix.

I need to do a final round of testing and bug fixing (which there probably is).

EDIT: Forgot to mention I finally got contact from the original author of the dev version of DeepFreeze scottpaladin who gave his full blessing to continue on this version of the mod given he has little time to do so himself.

Edited by JPLRepo

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI, re your note about the HAL9000. There IS a KAL9000 mod available, you may want to check it out.

I think it would be really neat if, instead of clicking on the freezer to unthaw someone, you have to click on the KAL9000. Especially if DangIt! was also installed

This mod has come a long way since I last checked it several months ago! :)

@JPLRepo, a few pages back I read you made the 1300 to fit the crew cap of the Mk1-2.

A request/question: do you also have a plan to add a 4 crew cryo to fit the Hitchhiker?

I do not mind, for my own purpose, to edit the 1300 config to make it have 4 cryo places. But then it'll miss the correct and gorgeus internals, which just make your mod complete.

So that's why my question and request :)

This mod has come a long way since I last checked it several months ago! :)

@JPLRepo, a few pages back I read you made the 1300 to fit the crew cap of the Mk1-2.

A request/question: do you also have a plan to add a 4 crew cryo to fit the Hitchhiker?

I do not mind, for my own purpose, to edit the 1300 config to make it have 4 cryo places. But then it'll miss the correct and gorgeus internals, which just make your mod complete.

So that's why my question and request :)

I'm not sure - are you asking for a 4 kerbal DeepFreezer? - The plans were changed as a vast majority wanted a 3 kerbal (match for the MK1-2 pod) than a 4 kerbal pod.

New Version Published.. Changes are enormous. refer to the changelog in the OP.

New CRY-0300 1-kerbal pod, that supports RPM transparency. (I personally love this new part). MerlinsMaster has done an awesome job.

A lot of code changes went into this version. BUT - I tested it on two saves I had and it did not break them. But I recommend you backup your save files first before upgrading. And I suggest you switch to any DeepFreeze vessels and wait 5-10 seconds to allow the mod to make updates/saves for the new code for each vessel.

I'm not sure - are you asking for a 4 kerbal DeepFreezer? - The plans were changed as a vast majority wanted a 3 kerbal (match for the MK1-2 pod) than a 4 kerbal pod.

Yes sort of, though I read about the majority vote for the 3 man pod.

Thus I have been thinking, maybe something in between might fit better? Like 6 kerbals?

My personal thought about it was: I miss something in between the 3 and 10 kerbal versions.

Mostly my designs have either a 4 to 6 kerbal crew, unless I go for Jool.

The 10 version then felt somewhat too big in those cases (weight/cap/Dv wise) and the 3 version too small.

Btw I'm getting low fps when a ship has a cryo pod and error spam in the log.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

DF.DFIntMemory[FFEBEF74][1694.34]: FixedUpdate failed to update DeepFreeze Internal Alarm Memory

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

DF.DFIntMemory[FFEBEF74][1694.34]: Err: System.FormatException: Invalid format for Guid.Guid(string).

at System.Guid+GuidParser.ParseChar (Char c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Guid+GuidParser.ParseGuid2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Guid+GuidParser.Parse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Guid..ctor (System.String g) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DF.DFIntMemory.CheckKACAlarmsUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DF.DFIntMemory.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yes sort of, though I read about the majority vote for the 3 man pod.

Thus I have been thinking, maybe something in between might fit better? Like 6 kerbals?

My personal thought about it was: I miss something in between the 3 and 10 kerbal versions.

Mostly my designs have either a 4 to 6 kerbal crew, unless I go for Jool.

The 10 version then felt somewhat too big in those cases (weight/cap/Dv wise) and the 3 version too small.

Btw I'm getting low fps when a ship has a cryo pod and error spam in the log.

I guess we put that to the vote. Do people think there is a need for a 4-6 kerbal crew freezer?

As for your errors, I need a bit more info. It appears DeepFreeze is having problems with some Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms.

What were the conditions when this error started? EG: was this straight after you upgraded? Did you have DeepFreeze ships that already had KAC alarms assigned to them?

Was this AFTER you create a KAC alarm for a DeepFreeze ship? What happens if you delete any KAC alarms assigned to DeepFreeze ships, does the error go away?

It looks like DeepFreeze is trying to update an entry for a KAC alarm but the vessel identifier (internal number) is invalid. Can you supply a copy of your save file for further investigation?

Is anyone else having this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work! If I could, I'd give you a whole bar of rep! :)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

And there was much rejoicing. A transparent 1.25m freezer, KAC integration, and all sorts of other goodies. Sorry I can only rep you once for this.

I don't do it for the rep. But thanks for the feedback, that makes the effort worthwhile.

Hello, I have the same problem of spam in the register, a relatively new game, it has not yet access to equipment DeepFreeze, no alarm is armed. The problem has occurred since the last update

A log file would help. A log file with "Debug Mode" switched ON in the DeepFreeze settings menu would be ideal. What versions of KAC, Module Manager, etc that you have installed (or just upload and share a log file as it has this information in it). I had no issues in testing or upgrading from two previous save files that I tested.

Edited by JPLRepo

This started spamming after the latest update:

Tac.LifeSupportController[FFF6CCE8][170.28]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals

Tac.LifeSupportController[FFF6CCE8][170.28]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

I use TAC life support with hotfix from thread.

I too am using the hotfix and am getting this many many times per second.

[LOG 13:55:16.293] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.08]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.313] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.10]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.313] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.10]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.333] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.12]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.333] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.12]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.357] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.14]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.357] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.14]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.375] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.16]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.375] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.16]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.395] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.18]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.395] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.18]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

When viewing the smallest pod, the front has a black side. I can see the doors moving when I look through the pod, but otherwise not.

That doesn't sound good. Do you have the latest version of RPM installed. You must have V0.22.1 installed.

- - - Updated - - -

I too am using the hotfix and am getting this many many times per second.

[LOG 13:55:16.293] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.08]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.313] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.10]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.313] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.10]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.333] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.12]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.333] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.12]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.357] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.14]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.357] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.14]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.375] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.16]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.375] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.16]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
[LOG 13:55:16.395] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.18]: Error attempting to check DeepFreeze for FrozenKerbals
[LOG 13:55:16.395] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFE3EB76][1726.18]: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

Yep, my bad. you need to re-download and apply temp fix DLLs if you are using TAC LS from here. Just unzip the two DLLs in this zip into your TAC LS - Gamedata\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport folder (overwrite the two existing files).

This started spamming after the latest update:

I use TAC life support with hotfix from thread.

Yep, my bad. you need to re-download and apply temp fix DLLs if you are using TAC LS fromhere. Just click that link, then click "view raw" link that appears which will download the zip file.

Then unzip the two DLLs in this zip into your TAC LS - Gamedata\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport folder (overwrite the two existing files).

- - - Updated - - -

Also I've just noticed that TACls with fix won't add resources to eva kerbals.

EDIT: The one I've downloaded 6 hours ago, not newest.

Let me know if it is still happening with the version I just uploaded (forgot to upload the new version of the fix DLLs) about 30 minutes ago. and if it is, a LOG file would help.

I just tested it and it works for me.

Cheers.

Edited by JPLRepo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.