[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

20 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Seeing how 1.1 has now been officially released, I need to get on with fixing all the bugs this mod still has under 1.1. I expect it will take me some time given the number of bugs and issues I have identified under 1.1 pre-release. I was hoping for a number of things to be changed by Squad that would assist, but that doesn't seem to have eventuated. This week is very busy for me with real life and real work so I can't say when I will have this mod ready for 1.1. Stay tuned.

Looking forward to it! This and IFI LS are my go-to life support system mods. 

Happy to hear to is coming to 1.1 ! Playing without DeepFreeze is so less good :)

Speaking of playing with it, I dunno if you saw this new life support (and much more) mod:

It's rather super neat and all and the author even went to make a hook to remove kerbals from his system specifically with deepfreeze in mind :wink: Thus if you would add support for it that would be super dandy ! :)

15 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Have you tried this mod in 1.1?  It works.  

I have not updated DeepFreeze for 1.1. It is a work in progress. There was a pre-release version that I posted, but it is full of bugs.
If you use that version or the old 1.0.5 version in KSP 1.1 Full release I cannot tell you what will happen other than strange things as it is full of bugs.
Until I do update DeepFreeze for 1.1 officially I am not supporting anyone running it under 1.1 and I do not recommend you start new career games with it, etc.

6 hours ago, DarkGod said:

Happy to hear to is coming to 1.1 ! Playing without DeepFreeze is so less good :)

Speaking of playing with it, I dunno if you saw this new life support (and much more) mod:

It's rather super neat and all and the author even went to make a hook to remove kerbals from his system specifically with deepfreeze in mind :wink: Thus if you would add support for it that would be super dandy ! :)

It's VERY (subtle hint?) likely that I may have that already implemented for the Upcoming 1.1 compatible version. :cool::sticktongue:

I'm doing my best to get it going... but I still have a long list of bugs (thanks to the new stock changes) and I have not even started testing with all the other supported mods. It's a long weekend here coming up so I hope to get this going before the end of Monday (no promises). Stay tuned.

Edited by JPLRepo

OK It's out, go get it. What a marathon. Lots of problems with the new version of KSP 1.1 but all the big problems are fixed and DeepFreeze is now available and working. See the OP for links. Version 0.22.0.0 available for KSP 1.1 Turbo Charged!
There are still a number of little issues - see changelog. but they are only minor and do not stop DeepFreeze from functioning. I will circle back in the next version to try and resolve these issues but I have to move on to my other mods to get them going for KSP 1.1 first.

Changelog:

V0.22.0.0 "KSP 1.1 Turbo Charged! - Release"
Added first-cut KSPedia Pages - this is really just testing out this feature and is a very rough first cut. Plans to expand and improve this.
Support for NEW RPM - JSIAdvTransparentPods - no longer supports the OLD RPM TJSITransparentPods. You need RPM - JSITransparentPods V0.25.0 or above.
Support for Kerbalism Mod.
Minor Bugs (can live with):
---------------------------
1) When you freeze/thaw from internal cam (alternate camera) the camera loses the transform reference point at the end of the process.
2) When inside the CRY-0300 with the External Doors closed, if you zoom out strange camera effects mean the door is only partially visible.
3) The screen messages when in Cryopod-Camera mode are not showing all the kerbal's names.
4) When you change settings from Stock to Toolbar and change scenes, the toolbar appears, but stock button is still there. A restart or several scene 
changes fixes it.
5) When there is a Kerbal on the ladder in front of the CRY-0300 and the doors are open the Internal Overlays the kerbal and blocks them from view.
This is actually an RPM - JSIAdvTransparentPods bug.
6) The CRY-0300R has lost it's ability to show cool Window Freeze/Thawing animation effects.
Issues with release:
--------------------
Background Processing is not available under KSP 1.1. Unless the mod author updates it soon I will look to put my own EC background processing
into DeepFreeze. For now if you are using EC usage the non-Background Processing method still works (it plays catch-up when you swith to the vessel).
There is no version of TAC LS for KSP 1.1 - so it is not currently supported.

Hello. Sorry, I haven't browsed the whole thread so quite likely I'm not the only one mentioning some of these. I've made up pack with this mod and USI kolonization and what felt lacking.

1) Needed 1 big round canister for cryoliquid with no symmetry problems whatsoever.

2) Needed "recipe" or module to manufacture cryoliquid from say polymers, chemicals and water.

3) needed possible option of making cryovats slowly drain their machinery pool under USI and that pool being only replaceable via someone's EVA and KIS.

4) with all of the above in mind, might want an extra model of cryovats with everything included, even a non-refuelable reactor with 2 years of fuel comprising a two year (+- temperature around) escape pod that could, besides other things, be used as a contract item.

5) late tech emergency awakening system. If connected to a pod, catches conditions leading to kerbal death and interrupts cryosleep using separately stored energy (in maybe a one-use turbine generator) and possibly sends out a game pausing message like a kerbal alarm clock.

6) possible different variations of 'difficulty' or complexity of this mod toggleable through config, the complex one being a choice between several modes of kerbal storage. a) major freeze being what it is now, but needing scheduled reanimations for two weeks every half a year to let damaged bodies recuperate, decativation due to power failures etc has 80% chance to kill and 20% to wake, missing scheduled reanimation sequence leads to increasing chances of death from 1% at day one to 50% from overdue day 100 and on. Last feature of this mode is several hours long thawing. b) stasis - full freeze requiring late game tech and energies of 300+/sec per kerbal to run with 95% fatalities on power failure. Extra feature of this mod is that activation and deactivation of stasis field could require 20Kish energy, and possibly the working devices could also require larger drain on machinery and specialized parts. c) sedated sleep. This could be an alternative early mod to (a), requiring less power, being safe from fatalities, but instead of switching kerbals off completely it would make the inactive command wise while still draining 1/5 of NOMS or other life support items they'd normally drain. this mode might require a different chemical type to be constantly drained during such forced inactivity.

This post was brought to u by a selfish user who does not care how u do things, he just shares what more he'd want from an item. The positive side is the item was actually good enough for people to enjoy it and hope it gets even better. Cheers.

V0.22.1.0 Release compatible with KSP 1.1.2.

Fixed portrait camera issues.
Fixed On-Screen messages for Kerbal Name when in Alternate - Cryopod Camera mode.
Fixed spacing (scroll lists) in the DeepFreeze GUI menus.
Fixed switching from Stock Toolbar Icon to Blizzy Toolbar Icon and back again.
Made Settings Menu resizable.
Added some more KSPedia pages - What do people want to see here? 

24 minutes ago, xandertifft54321 said:

HAY! for me the plantary freezer is not showing up, i dont think i need a log becouse its just the part not showing up.

plaese help as fast as you can becouse i litarly cant play ksp without this mod becouse it would kill 856 kebals!

That's a shame. But for me on a clean install everything is working fine.
You thought wrong: As you can't invest the time to follow the support instructions, I have no time to invest in second-guessing what your problems might be.
As per the OP (I think I made it clear enough):

Support:

For support please ensure you are following these instructions.
NO LOG = NO SUPPORT.

Suggestion of the absolutely lowest priority possible (as always, I know you're busy, especially now):

- Change the Tooltip Text Color/Background color in the Settings to match that of AmpYear. As it is, it's really hard to read - basically white on light grey. The second image is AmpYear (you know, in case you forgot:P).

9SgxSRr.png?1

rae671L.png?1

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Suggestion of the absolutely lowest priority possible (as always, I know you're busy, especially now):

- Change the Tooltip Text Color/Background color in the Settings to match that of AmpYear. As it is, it's really hard to read - basically white on light grey. The second image is AmpYear (you know, in case you forgot:P).

9SgxSRr.png?1

rae671L.png?1

That's strange. Can you check if \AmpYear\Icons\AYToolTipBox.png and \DeepFreeeze\Icons\DFToolTippBox.png are the same color texture? just open them and compare. If they aren't you can copy the AmpYear one over to the DeepFreeze folder and rename it. If they are the same might be a bug in the textures setup in DF. Let me know what you find? (Sorry but I am at work now so can't check myself).

26 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I would say that's an exact match Capt'n. As the titles suggest, left is DeepFreeze, right is AmpYear. Bytes are both 92, dimensions are the same.

yQFusR1.png?1

Must be a code issue then with the setup in DF then. Please raise as in issue in Github. Thanks!

2 hours ago, DuoDex said:

Do kerbals consume Glykerol while frozen? I have an interplanetary craft about to visit Eeloo but I want to avoid sudden death by Duna. Thanks!

No they don't. Glykerol is only used during the freeze process. EDIT: There is an option to turn on EC consumption, and temperature controls for frozen kerbals if you dare! :wink:

Edited by JPLRepo

On 01/05/2016 at 4:33 AM, Deimos Rast said:

<snip>

I don't get this problem at all. Seems fine. Can you post a log? Here or in the github issue.
Anyone else having this problem with the tootip color/background?

It might be me then, as I'm currently in the middle of what seems to be a massive failure cascade of legendary proportions (trying to see which 1.0.5 mods will work in 1.1.2...turns out not too many). If you're not getting it, then I wouldn't worry about it. As my game is currently in a non-loading state, this the log I gave you yesterday for the AmpYear report. Although in it I didn't fiddle with the DeepFreeze settings, it might still show if there is a loading conflict. I'll try to get a better log as soon though.

Fixed my install and put DeepFreeze + AmpYear in a 1minute old install (absolutely fresh & clean) and I'm still getting it. I'll try removing AmpYear to see if that's a conflict (but I mean, really?). Only thing I can think of is being on different operating systems and how they handle fonts but I doubt it.

Log.

--edit---

Tried with just Deepfreeze + Squad Install and still get it.

Log of that here.

Edited by Deimos Rast

31 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

It might be me then, as I'm currently in the middle of what seems to be a massive failure cascade of legendary proportions (trying to see which 1.0.5 mods will work in 1.1.2...turns out not too many). If you're not getting it, then I wouldn't worry about it. As my game is currently in a non-loading state, this the log I gave you yesterday for the AmpYear report. Although in it I didn't fiddle with the DeepFreeze settings, it might still show if there is a loading conflict. I'll try to get a better log as soon though.

Fixed my install and put DeepFreeze + AmpYear in a 1minute old install (absolutely fresh & clean) and I'm still getting it. I'll try removing AmpYear to see if that's a conflict (but I mean, really?). Only thing I can think of is being on different operating systems and how they handle fonts but I doubt it.

Log.

--edit---

Tried with just Deepfreeze + Squad Install and still get it.

Log of that here.

5/2/2016 3:03:37 PM,DeepFreeze,TST Cannot find texture to load:<private>(DFToolTipBox.png)

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

5/2/2016 3:03:37 PM,DeepFreeze,TST Cannot find texture to load: <private> (DFbtnRedCross.png)

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

5/2/2016 3:03:37 PM,DeepFreeze,TST Cannot find texture to load <private> (DFbtnResize.png)

It's not loading the Icons (and I realise I have TST in the log messages for DeepFreeze, lol). I just realised in your pictures the Cross and resize icons are also blank.
I think this is a linux / filepath issue. As you can see it is looking for them in " <private> "  I will investigate.

Edited by JPLRepo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.