[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

22 hours ago, NotConor said:

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to make more Glykerol, thanks.

Sure is.
Start your favorite 3D modelling software.
Create your 3D model.
Export it and make it into a KSP part (lots of tutorials on the forum about how to do that).
Create your new part's cfg file.
Add the Glykerol resource to it.

Done.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:13 PM, JPLRepo said:

Sure is.
Create your 3D model.
Export it and make it into a KSP part (lots of tutorials on the forum about how to do that).
Add the Glykerol resource to it.

Done.

It sounds like he was actually talking about how to manufacture it in the game...

Hey, I just got the mod and have been trying to get it working but I am having the same issue someone mentioned earlier where all the glass is pink. I think it's a missing texture bug but unsure. As far as mods, I have the texture replacer (I tried it before I installed it and then added it to try and fix it) along with the following:

• Cryo Engines
  • Near Future (All of them)
  • MechJeb2
  • Reentry Particle Effect
  • TAC Lifesupport
  • KIS

Unsure how to fix this issue, so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom on how to make the glass look normal that would be amazing! Thank you
EDIT: Whenever I have the external cryo pod active and I have transparent pod ON the glass is pink. When transparent is set to OFF or AUTO the glass is black instead (and obviously not transparent). I hope this info helps find a solution! Love the mod so far though, gonna be perfect for Duna and Jool missions :D

Also first post, long time KSP user :D

Edited by Yaaar's Revenge
Extra info for support

On 3/6/2019 at 2:36 AM, Starwaster said:

It sounds like he was actually talking about how to manufacture it in the game...

Oh maybe you're right.

In that case, @NotConor

Create your 3D model.
Add the TACGenericConverter PartModule to the part's cfg file and define the input resources you want to use to manufacture Glykerol. In the output resources specify Glykerol. Also define the input ratios and output ratios in those definitions for how much of resource X, Y,Z creates how much of Glykerol.
Profit.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:10 AM, Yaaar's Revenge said:

Hey, I just got the mod and have been trying to get it working but I am having the same issue someone mentioned earlier where all the glass is pink. I think it's a missing texture bug but unsure. As far as mods, I have the texture replacer (I tried it before I installed it and then added it to try and fix it) along with the following:

• Cryo Engines
  • Near Future (All of them)
  • MechJeb2
  • Reentry Particle Effect
  • TAC Lifesupport
  • KIS

Unsure how to fix this issue, so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom on how to make the glass look normal that would be amazing! Thank you
EDIT: Whenever I have the external cryo pod active and I have transparent pod ON the glass is pink. When transparent is set to OFF or AUTO the glass is black instead (and obviously not transparent). I hope this info helps find a solution! Love the mod so far though, gonna be perfect for Duna and Jool missions :D

Also first post, long time KSP user :D

also for EliteMaster512 and everyone else seeing this issue - which will only occur if you have my advanced transparents pod mod also installed alongside Deepfreexe :
You can't fix it, but I have identified the problem. I will try to release a patch in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

also for EliteMaster512 and everyone else seeing this issue - which will only occur if you have my advanced transparents pod mod also installed alongside Deepfreexe :
You can't fix it, but I have identified the problem. I will try to release a patch in the next couple of days.

Awesome thanks dude! Can't wait to see my frozen Kerbals in all their.....coldness? :D

Hello I have a question regarding this mod and Tac Life Support. This mod has an optional background processing mod for electricity consumption on unfocused vessels, and TAC has the background resources mod for doing what I believe is the same thing.. So my question is if I should only have one of these installed because currently I have both?

Also I've noticed that all of my probed that I've sent up (with 4 OX-STAT solar panels, orbiting Gael (GPP)) seem to have an issue where they all end up with 0 EC upon timewarping, it's like it doesn't seem to recognize that there are solar panels on them when the vessels are unfocused. That's what prompted the question of if the two background processing mods were conflicting or not.

EDIT: Actually another question .. Is BackgroundProcessing compatible with the Kopernicus Solar Panel Module?

EDIT: Alright so I did some testing and it does appear that with just background processing and Kopernicus installed (no additional planet mods or anything, just Kopernicus and it's dependencies) that background processing isn't compatible with Kopernicus. That's unfortunate as in my main install I use GPP / GEP .. Which means I need the Kopernicus Solar Panel module to get solar power from the star Grannus in GEP. At the same time I need Deep Freeze to even attempt getting Kerbals out to Grannus in the first place, else they'll just run out of life support and die.

Edited by CoriW

Updated to V0.25 fixes the pink/black cryopod glass.

Also made some improvements in performance and garbage generation in the freezer modules.

Please make sure you also udpate Advanced Transparent Pods to V0.1.19 if you use that mod with DeepFreeze.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there. I was doing some tests with the mod to figure out how it worked. One thing I noticed, was that if you recover a vessel that has frozen kerbals in it, those kerbals are not added back to your crew list at the end of the mission. I was using the planetary base module to freeze them. DeepFreeze seems to still recognize the existence of the kerbals though, upon launching a new vessel and checking the deepfreeze tab, it showed the missing kerbals, albeit with no vessel assigned to them making them floating around in whatever void they have fallen into. This WAS in version 0.24 though, so it might be fixed in 0.25, but I didn't see anything about that in the known issues or change-log so I don't know. Thanks!

On 4/18/2019 at 2:26 AM, Gameguru said:

No it wasn't. That seems like an odd setting to HAVE though. 

Even I - as the author of the mod. Can't remember why I did that now to be honest... it was that long ago.
Anyway - if you don't have the autothaw option on. You can still thaw them from the DeepFreeze Menu at the KSC.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did some basic testing and this seems to work with KSP 1.7. No errors yet and freezing / thawing ist working. Thanks for all your efforts @JPLRepo

Well, you get a  message, that it´s made for KSP 1.6, but other than that it runs fine as far as my tests go.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@JPLRepo hi, how does regulated temperatures work? And how do I ensure that I have it? Would adding a bunch of radiators work?

Yup. so if you turn this on... the right click menu (PAW) of the cryopod parts will show temperature info.
Disapating heat is done by using radiators.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have seen to run into some kind of issue with DF. For some reason I can´t thaw 3 crew on my Duna space station. I get the message "Code error: Cannot thaw Kerbal at this time, check log" I would appreciate any help I could get solving this as this has put my main career save on hold. If all things fail is there any way to edit the save to unthaw them? I tried to do this myself but failed.

Here you can find the output_log: https://filebin.net/ixdpi6c6drptnjjd Please let me know if you need anything else.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, JocMeister said:

Hello, I have seen to run into some kind of issue with DF. For some reason I can´t thaw 3 crew on my Duna space station. I get the message "Code error: Cannot thaw Kerbal at this time, check log" I would appreciate any help I could get solving this as this has put my main career save on hold. If all things fail is there any way to edit the save to unthaw them? I tried to do this myself but failed.

Here you can find the output_log: https://filebin.net/ixdpi6c6drptnjjd Please let me know if you need anything else.

I see no messages in your log... would be beneficial if you go into the difficulty settings and set the debug verbose logging option on for DeepFreeze then load your vessel and attempt to thaw them, then post that log here.

Hello again, Turned it on, tried to thaw all three kerbals and uploaded the new log.

https://filebin.net/ixdpi6c6drptnjjd

EDIT: I sent another Kerbal to the same station and froze her in a 1-man pod on the same station. She could thaw without issues. But the 3 crew in the 3-man freezer still can´t.

Edited by JocMeister

@JocMeister Are the not thaw-able kerbals Jeb, Bill and Bob? If so, I have some bad news to you and there is no easy way to say it: they are dead :(:(

KerbalInfo
		{
			lastUpdate = 30470424.833611861
			status = Dead
			[snip]
			kerbalName = Bill Kerman
		}
		KerbalInfo
		{
			lastUpdate = 30470443.513611443
			status = Dead
			[snip]
			kerbalName = Jebediah Kerman
		}
		KerbalInfo
		{
			lastUpdate = 30470448.073611341
			status = Dead
			[snip]
			kerbalName = Bob Kerman

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

I’ve had some server issues preventing me to update some of my mods. But I think I’ve got to the root of the problem. So hopefully can bring them all up to date in the next couple of days.

There are widespread outages on the ‘net today, it’s not your server

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@JocMeister Are the not thaw-able kerbals Jeb, Bill and Bob? If so, I have some bad news to you and there is no easy way to say it: they are dead :(:(

KerbalInfo
		{
			lastUpdate = 30470424.833611861
			status = Dead
			[snip]
			kerbalName = Bill Kerman
		}
		KerbalInfo
		{
			lastUpdate = 30470443.513611443
			status = Dead
			[snip]
			kerbalName = Jebediah Kerman
		}
		KerbalInfo
		{
			lastUpdate = 30470448.073611341
			status = Dead
			[snip]
			kerbalName = Bob Kerman

Dead?! :o

How the heck did that happen? Well, I guess that would explain why they can´t be thawed...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.