[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

http://s11.postimg.org/rri9k83v7/2015_08_23_00001.jpg

I have the latest versions of DFC and RPM, from kerbalstuff.com.

OK, I know what that is but I don't know why you see it. It should be Transparent (see through) and is required for the transparent pod to work with RPM.

I will need a list of your mods, what mods do you have installed that alter textures, etc. Environment enhancements, graphics enhancements etc.

Or, do you have alphaonly.png in the DeepFreeze/Parts/Cryo0300Freezer folder and the DeepFreeze/Spaces/Cry-0300Internals folder?

Did you convert it to a DDS? You cannot convert it to a DDS as it contains alpha channel only. It must remain as a PNG

OK, I know what that is but I don't know why you see it. It should be Transparent (see through) and is required for the transparent pod to work with RPM.

I will need a list of your mods, what mods do you have installed that alter textures, etc. Environment enhancements, graphics enhancements etc.

Or, do you have alphaonly.png in the DeepFreeze/Parts/Cryo0300Freezer folder and the DeepFreeze/Spaces/Cry-0300Internals folder?

Did you convert it to a DDS? You cannot convert it to a DDS as it contains alpha channel only. It must remain as a PNG

I have that file in both those folders. I haven't altered it in any way. My mods.

Are you sure it is not an opengl issue?

As for TACls patch - everything works as intended now, thanks. Hadn't tested freezing yet as I am only finishing my orbital facility that would build big ships out of captured E-class asteroid.

I have that file in both those folders. I haven't altered it in any way. My mods.
Are you sure it is not an opengl issue?

I tried with openGL on my windows partition. Works fine.

I have the latest TextureReplacer, Distant Object, Procedural Parts, Procedural Fairings installed and I don't see this issue.

It might be Kopernicus/Planetshine Related?

You may need to go through removing your mods one by one to see if you can isolate the problem to one particular mod conflict....

Or, It's something else related to your machine. Are you running KSP in Windows, OSX or Linux? Graphics card/settings?

Perhaps you can provide a log file, or go through your log file looking for errors as well.

I can't explain why you can see something that has a alpha only texture and translucent shader applied to it.

Edited by JPLRepo

I've tried without Distant Object. Doesn't work.

Then I verified all KSP files (because I've been pruning unneeded files), but it still shows the black surface.

I'm running KSP on Windows 7 and never had any problem like this.

Oh well... maybe it will go away as the mods get updated. I'm not into digging into this.

I've tried without Distant Object. Doesn't work.

Then I verified all KSP files (because I've been pruning unneeded files), but it still shows the black surface.

I'm running KSP on Windows 7 and never had any problem like this.

Oh well... maybe it will go away as the mods get updated. I'm not into digging into this.

I think it might be Kopernicus related. as I have most of your other plugins as well but didn't test with Kopernicus. I'll test it out later, otherwise I might be able to do something about the model and RPM and this issue. Surprised is only yourself so far, so points to a mod compatibility or set-up(Hardware) issue. Are you running OPENGL? Might be that and your graphics? I assume it doesn't start without OPENGL with all those memory hungry textures/mods/Kopernicus

@JPLRepo, I haven't fully tested it but I deleted all of my KAC entries, reinstalled DeepFreeze and the error spam in the log seems to be over. Also no fps drops anymore.

Might need an other person to verify that one needs to delete all current alarms in KAC before installing DeepFreeze.

I also have the problem of the black cab only 1 kerbal pod. I installed version 22.1 of RPM. Use Kerbal 32Bit on Windows DirectX

In the log there is also a conflict with "Portrait Stats"

Spam in the log does just put an alarm of any type in the KAC.

I'll put my KSP.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_n0DdXfS_EDTlh1bm9Eb3F5akk/view?usp=sharing

I also have the problem of the black cab only 1 kerbal pod. I installed version 22.1 of RPM. Use Kerbal 32Bit on Windows DirectX

In the log there is also a conflict with "Portrait Stats"

Spam in the log does just put an alarm of any type in the KAC.

I'll put my KSP.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_n0DdXfS_EDTlh1bm9Eb3F5akk/view?usp=sharing

Ok I think I know what's going on from your log with the cry-0300. A last minute model change the textures are defined incorrectly. I'm away from my com now. I will past a bug fix later for that and look at the portrait stats conflict.

OK quick bug fix version release. V0.18.1.0 on github and kerbalstuff.

Fix error accessing Kerbal Alarm Clock entries with invalid vessel id's (alarms not attached to vessels) and reduce log spam.

Fix Error in Texture assignments for models.

Fix error loading/saving cryopod states on part load/save.

Fix CRY-0300 transparency issue for some users.

The KAC alarm error is related to alarms that are NOT attached to a vessel. I have fixed this bug.

I believe I have also fixed the CRY-0300 issue reported by lajoswinkler and EmpCris but I will need one to confirm, as I have been unable to replicate this error myself.

This patch fix release does NOT address the Portrait Stats mod (by dMAgic) compatibility. I will need more time to look into that. I did notice if you switch the game scene back to the KSC and back to the vessel it corrects itself.

and it seems to be related to when you thaw/freeze crew or EVA/Board/Transfer crew. I have raised an issue on Github to track this compatibility issue.

I confirm, texture and KAC fixed :wink:

thanks for the fix

Ok thanks. I want to investigate this further to figure out what the problem is for the benefit of the RPM mod (as the see-through pod is using RPM mod). But for now I am glad it is working.

Haven't had any problems, thanks as well :)

I was just looking around the cfg of the 1300, to change it to 4 kerbals for my own use. But the freeze function didn't work for the 4th kerbal.

So it seems the crew numbers (1, 3 and 10) for the Freeze funcionality and UI are hardcoded?

If so, could the number be made configurable?

Haven't had any problems, thanks as well :)

I was just looking around the cfg of the 1300, to change it to 4 kerbals for my own use. But the freeze function didn't work for the 4th kerbal.

So it seems the crew numbers (1, 3 and 10) for the Freeze funcionality and UI are hardcoded?

If so, could the number be made configurable?

No they are not hard coded, both the crew capacity and freezer capacity must be changed, but you cannot use the supplied DeepFreeze parts. You could make a copy of the parts with NO internal model defined and it would work. The code will work with any part that has a deep freezer partmodule defined and no internal model. This is because the code does expect if there is an internal model that there are pods for each seat defined. But it also handles and supports NO internal model and any seat config for that.

it seems everyone wants a 4 or 6 kerbal part? I'll have to talk to MerlinsMaster.

Edited by JPLRepo

No they are not hard coded, both the crew capacity and freezer capacity must be changed, but you cannot use the supplied DeepFreeze parts. You could make a copy of the parts with NO internal model defined and it would work. The code will work with any part that has a deep freezer partmodule defined and no internal model. This is because the code does expect if there is an internal model that there are pods for each seat defined. But it also handles and supports NO internal model and any seat config for that.

Ok, quick test I did was add the DeepFreezer module to a part without internal model from VENS Revamp (copy of InflatableHAB). CrewCapacity and FreezerSize were set to 4.

Ingame I get the following message when clicking the UI freeze button "Cannot freeze kerbal. Freezer is full".

The UI Menu lists the freezer space being 0.

Log also spams the following error:

(Filename: Line: -1)

DF.DeepFreezer[FFF76E3E][136.62]: Part InflatableHAB2(4086808552) is loaded and internalModel has disappeared, so re-instansiate it

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at DF.DeepFreezer.resetFrozenKerbals () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DF.DeepFreezer.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hope this is of some use.

It would be better if the middle part holds 4 Kerbals, so that Jebediah, Valentina, Bill and Bob can fit inside. Hopefully someday, Mk1-2 pod will hold four of them, too.

Actually if you want to justify the 3-kerbal pod with a bit of realism you'd want them rotating so someone is always awake to handle the craft and keep mission control updated and keep watch on their sleeping crew mates. That's how NASA has proposed handling cryo anyways.

Ok, quick test I did was add the DeepFreezer module to a part without internal model from VENS Revamp (copy of InflatableHAB). CrewCapacity and FreezerSize were set to 4.

Ingame I get the following message when clicking the UI freeze button "Cannot freeze kerbal. Freezer is full".

The UI Menu lists the freezer space being 0.

Log also spams the following error:

Hope this is of some use.

Ahh yes. So sorry. It did work in V0.17 but it does not now. I know exactly why. OK - in the next version/bug fix (when I figure out the portrait stats issue) I will rectify so you can create your own internal-less freezers.

Actually if you want to justify the 3-kerbal pod with a bit of realism you'd want them rotating so someone is always awake to handle the craft and keep mission control updated and keep watch on their sleeping crew mates. That's how NASA has proposed handling cryo anyways.

I'm ok with that, but there's one problem. When you return to Kerbin from an interplanetary voyage, and the ship is about to reentry the atmosphere, what will happen to the fourth Kerbal? The only safe place is the capsule, and it only takes three Kerbals.

Rotating is ok as roleplaying and can be done with a 4-Kerbal capsule. Reentry can't be done with a 3-Kerbal one.

Interesting error I'm running into. When trying to radially attach items to the CR-0300 model (single size model), it tries to attach it as if the top of the part where the side rotationally (More accurately, instead of curving around the sides of the part, it curves around the piece top to bottom). Anybody else running into this?

Interesting error I'm running into. When trying to radially attach items to the CR-0300 model (single size model), it tries to attach it as if the top of the part where the side rotationally (More accurately, instead of curving around the sides of the part, it curves around the piece top to bottom). Anybody else running into this?

Can you share a pic of what u mean? The cry-0300 does not allow radial attachment to the external doors ( just like the stock cargo bays). Is this what you are experiencing? If you try to attach to the doors it will not but instead roll around the shape some distance from the part. You can radially attach parts to the sides and the rear, anywhere except the doors. I will look at whether I can allow radial attachment to the doors if you don't have RPM installed in the next version but if you have RPM installed you can't radially attach to the doors because the doors open and close.

Edited by JPLRepo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.