[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Progress update. v0.18.2.0 is on the horizon.

It will include updated support for your own internal-less DeepFreeze parts - yes add DeepFreezer module to any crew able part as long as there is no internal.

New internal camera support/modes/switching.

Cryopod windows that actually are clear when open and freeze over when closed (animated).

we have not had time to work on the radial single kerbal pod the past two weeks as we have been busy preparing some DeepFreeze parts that will be actually released as part of another mod (more on that soon).

But the radial single kerbal pod is next on our list.

stay tuned. Cheers.

I'll just leave this here. ;)

Finally, the analytic thermodynamic code has been improved to give it a more gradual transition between temperatures, which can be configured globally and on a per-part basis. All this is a fancy way of saying that the game will support (for example) refrigerated interiors.

Unless there is a disaster should be out by the weekend.

Man those look good.....

I wanted to bring up a thought I had. People had previously discussed the whole HAL Space Odyssey thing. In my save I decided that any ship which utilizes a cryo pod needs to have the RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit on board (which is the big, heavy, 2.5m probe core that I generally find to be otherwise pointless), mostly because I enjoy making things difficult. Is there any way to make this an actual hard dependency? Of course this is something that many players probably aren't interested in, but it would be good to know for my own save, and maybe there are some other interesting things that could be added as well.

Generally part of my reason for this self-limitation is that I feel the cryo pods are amazingly good, and they also represent technology which is currently not possible. Requiring a highly advanced probe core makes them much more expensive in terms of science. Also on this note, I play with CTT and I moved the parts up to the 'Specialized Science Tech' and 'Long Term Science Tech' nodes. I noted mention of including a CTT mm config a few pages back, but I didn't see one in the download. Here is the cfg if anyone is interested:

@PART[CRY-0300Freezer]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]{
@TechRequired = specializedScienceTech
}

@PART[GlykerolTankRadial]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[CRY-1300Freezer]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
@TechRequired = longTermScienceTech
}

@PART[CRY-2300Freezer]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

Edited by Businfu

Man those look good.....

I wanted to bring up a thought I had. People had previously discussed the whole HAL Space Odyssey thing. In my save I decided that any ship which utilizes a cryo pod needs to have the RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit on board (which is the big, heavy, 2.5m probe core that I generally find to be otherwise pointless), mostly because I enjoy making things difficult. Is there any way to make this an actual hard dependency? Of course this is something that many players probably aren't interested in, but it would be good to know for my own save, and maybe there are some other interesting things that could be added as well.

Generally part of my reason for this self-limitation is that I feel the cryo pods are amazingly good, and they also represent technology which is currently not possible. Requiring a highly advanced probe core makes them much more expensive in terms of science. Also on this note, I play with CTT and I moved the parts up to the 'Specialized Science Tech' and 'Long Term Science Tech' nodes. I noted mention of including a CTT mm config a few pages back, but I didn't see one in the download. Here is the cfg if anyone is interested:

@PART[CRY-0300Freezer]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]{
}

@PART[GlykerolTankRadial]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[CRY-1300Freezer]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[CRY-2300Freezer]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

Short of modifying the DeepFreeze code, or any other mod code, I am not aware of any way to make a hard dependency between one part (mod part, with mod partmodule) be reliant upon another part.

You just have to enforce your own rules upon your own save game manually.

People are free to modify and create their own Module Manager changes/configs, etc as they see fit. All I ask is that if you intend to re-distribute DeepFreeze Continued... code, configs, models, etc you must do so within the rules of the License agreement (see the OP). Or, if you intend to just distribute your own module manager change config files, that you clearly state that it is their own configs/changes and that I will not support said re-distribution/configs/files. But you are free to post them here or anywhere else. I fully support those who want to do things like this and am happy for you to do so. but it is too much of an overhead for me to manage and distribute and support all these modified configs, etc.

:)

Edited by JPLRepo

V0.18.2.0 is out. See the Changelog in the OP for all the changes.

Should not break saves, but as always backup your save before upgrading.

You do not need to re-download my TACLS workaround if you already have that installed. It should work fine if you upgraded it with the last version.

For those asking and wanting to create their own internal-less Freezer parts, instructions can be found on the WIKI. NB: Why you would want to do this and miss out on MerlinsMaster's amazing internals, well that is up to you. Support for your own created internal-less parts is not provided.

Edited by JPLRepo

Odd, with a full clean install of 0.18.2.0 I am no longer getting the KSP Deepfreeze icon in the defaul KSP toobar. Nor do I have a rightclick menu on the part. IVA's show, but pod models are closed.

output_log entries:

- AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DeepFreeze' has not met dependency 'DFInterface' V0.3

- AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DeepFreeze' is missing 1 dependencies

- Cannot find a Module of typename 'DeepFreeze'

OK, so something else we have been working on. We have created a DeepFreeze part for the Kerbal Planetary Base System by Nils277. The parts will include a base part - The CRY-5000 - with a 4 kerbal capacity and a Glykerol tank that fit in with the KPBS mod parts and styles. Nils277 will be releasing these parts as part of his mod (in the next day or two). So head over to his mod thread for more details and the release of these parts. You will need his Mod for the parts (when he releases) and DeepFreeze Continued... V0.18.2.0 if you want these glorious parts for your bases.

The CRY-5000 includes a Glykerol tank on-board, 4 cryopods, animated Lightstrips, the new V0.18.2.0 pod window animations and supports RPM Transparent pods feature and props.

gvpQbL7.png

wSWLZoe.png

zeUwRZ7.png

5OLwCoA.png

Edited by JPLRepo

Odd, with a full clean install of 0.18.2.0 I am no longer getting the KSP Deepfreeze icon in the defaul KSP toobar. Nor do I have a rightclick menu on the part. IVA's show, but pod models are closed.

output_log entries:

- AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DeepFreeze' has not met dependency 'DFInterface' V0.3

- AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DeepFreeze' is missing 1 dependencies

- Cannot find a Module of typename 'DeepFreeze'

My bad, my build script has left out a file. You are missing DFInterface.dll from \GameData\REPOSoftTech\DeepFreeze\Plugins

You can get the single file here.

Or, I have updated the release files and put out version 0.18.2.1 which includes this file. See the OP for the usual download links.

My bad, my build script has left out a file. You are missing DFInterface.dll from \GameData\REPOSoftTech\DeepFreeze\Plugins

You can get the single file here.

Or, I have updated the release files and put out version 0.18.2.1 which includes this file. See the OP for the usual download links.

Super thanks for the quick fix! :)

Whoa, will that 4-Kerbal part be inline? Looks great. What are its dimensions?

It's a standard KPBS part. It will be distributed as part of KPBS mod as an add-on.

KPBS parts stack two parts bottom to bottom to make a standard 2.5M Part (so two KPBS parts bottom to bottom) are then inline stackable.

i realy like this mod, but i have a wish

i like that the chamer need power and generate heat, but i dont like that my kerbals dies

my wish is a *safety* setting that kerbals trown if the part becomes to hot and dont die if the heat is to high or have no power

but realy nice mod

i realy like this mod, but i have a wish

i like that the chamer need power and generate heat, but i dont like that my kerbals dies

my wish is a *safety* setting that kerbals trown if the part becomes to hot and dont die if the heat is to high or have no power

but realy nice mod

I can certainly make it optional that they don't die... but what is supposed to happen to them if they don't die? What is "trown"?

maybe i spell it wrong "trown" = unfreeze, thaw,

maybe overheat means the controls are broken and unfreeze is impossible or they unfreeze automaticly maybe it cost more Glykerol to freeze or Glykerol drain over time and then they unfreeze automaticly - like that

and i think i found a bug, i see a picture with open chambers but i cant open the chambers

thats the reason why i use USI life support and not TAC i love my kerbals and dont want them to die

Edited by Shaymes

maybe i spell it wrong "trown" = unfreeze, thaw,

maybe overheat means the controls are broken and unfreeze is impossible or they unfreeze automaticly maybe it cost more Glykerol to freeze or Glykerol drain over time and then they unfreeze automaticly - like that

and i think i found a bug, i see a picture with open chambers but i cant open the chambers

thats the reason why i use USI life support and not TAC i love my kerbals and dont want them to die

With regards to bug reports, please follow the instructions in the OP. I require description of the problem, steps to reproduce the error, a full debug log (not the Ksp.log).

I am not following what you mean by "i see a picture with open chambers but i cant open the chambers". You need to describe the problem and how to reproduce the problem.

IE: "I see a picture" - what picture? "I cant open the chambers" - there is no function in DeepFreeze to "open the chambers"?

What do other people think? If the kerbals don't die because of overheat or if EC runs out - what should happen? I'm looking for ideas and suggestions of what people would like to see happen.

i love the idea of Itsdavyjones that overheat needs more EC over time

i mean this picture and the CRY-300 is open, you can see inside, that was that what i mean

http://i.imgur.com/GPowD3m.png

(i retextre the Co2 canister from universal storage that i have a nice Glykerol canister :))

The door opening on the CRY-300 is only active if you have RasterPropMonitor mod installed if that is what you mean. If you do not have RPM installed you cannot open the doors or see inside from the outside. As per the install instructions and optional mods list in the OP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.