[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

i Just wondering... maby somethink Mk2? (yes i love spaceplanes ) but 1.5 will be cool (fiting into Mk2 Cargobay)

Work is almost complete on a hitchhiker sized 3-kerbal in-line freezer. Followed closely by a single kerbal in-line 1.5M and probably? single kerbal 1.5M? surface attachable module.

Also waiting to hear back from Endurance mod guys about collaborating on a Endurance styled freezer.

..and the big news, I've just finished code testing changes to implement animated Cryopods, yes they will open and close.

Just putting finishing touches on the models/textures and animations. So stay tuned....

Forgive me if I´m just blind, but I didn´t find anywhere when and how much Glykerol is consumed in process of freezing/thawing?

In the OP. It's set default to 5 Glykerol and 3000EC to freeze. Glykerol is not required to thaw only EC.

You can change it in the part.cfg file or you can override all part configs via the settings menu.

hmmm... that's actually a pretty Kerbal thing to do... Hey Bobrell Kerman, no freeze chamber available, but you do fit into the broom closet over there, here's some snacks, (sound of door closing) have a nice flight!

Yes, it is very Kerbal :), but can be annoying... "Jeb? Jeb?? where did you go???"

Anyway, release 4.4.0.2 of SM corrected this annoyance. Current version is 4.4.0.3 so we all should be able to again find Jeb...

I love the mod but I just noticed that it doesnt work with USI Life Support (When you thaw the kerbal he will just consume all the supplies he would have needed while he was frozen)

This is with USI LS not TAC LS? This is a known isue with TAC LS, and I have posted a work-around as have been waiting for TaranisElsu to update TAC LS.

So this is also occurring with USI LS? OK - thanks, I'll investigate.

Yep, same problem with USI LS

OK, I've looked at RoverDude's code.. I can see what is happening. And good news is I can fix it without having to ask him to make a change. (unlike TAC LS, which needs a change at the TAC LS end).

So I will make a change and test it and get a patch update out in the next couple of days.

I love the mod but I just noticed that it doesnt work with USI Life Support (When you thaw the kerbal he will just consume all the supplies he would have needed while he was frozen)
OK, I've looked at RoverDude's code.. I can see what is happening. And good news is I can fix it without having to ask him to make a change. (unlike TAC LS, which needs a change at the TAC LS end).

So I will make a change and test it and get a patch update out in the next couple of days.

I also have this problem and I'm glad you're fixing it

V0.17.0.0 "Animated Cryopods" edition.

Yep, cryopods are now animated.

This completes the core functional code changes that we have had planned for the past few months.

Coming up very soon, what you have all been waiting for - more freezer parts in various sizes.

But wanted to get this out so everyone can enjoy the animations, and the fix for USI Life Support. Enjoy!!!

PS. See the changelog for full details and ensure you delete previous DeepFreeze folder before you install. This should NOT break save games from ver 16.0.0.0 onwards.

The IVA is simply gorgeous!

Hey thanks. But all Cred for the models must go to MerlinsMaster. Send him Rep!

- - - Updated - - -

The "Animated Cryopods" are fantastic. Amazing! Thank you.

Thanks! It was tricky, haven't seen many animations in IVA before.

and thanks to MerlinsMaster for his Amazing Modelling and animation work!

What a lot of you have all been waiting for.

V0.17.1.0 is a Parts release.

Yes finally, a 3-kerbal Part the CRY-1300 has been added. See changelog for full details.

Please ensure you Delete old installs before installing new version due to re-factoring of directories.

This will NOT break save games.

But will it break everything if I install this into KSP 1.0.2. ? I'm using this mod as a crucial part of a mission.

No it shouldn't if you are using 0.16.0.0 up and it Should work with 1.0 up. But as always back up your save file when you upgrade any mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.