[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

15 hours ago, DStaal said:

And yes, by my last test this is not working as described above.  I had a generator designed to one-shot generate the 3000 in a few seconds, and it's power was being dumped overboard as far as I could tell.  The same generator had worked pre-1.2.

Found the solution to this, i.e. how to not dump the excess. The break in compatibility was probably caused by changes in resource handling in stock.

On 12/30/2016 at 0:56 PM, JPLRepo said:

What it does do is consume EC per physics step of the amount defined in the part config by the field "ChargeRate". This is defined as 30 EC units for all the DeepFreeze parts by default (of course you can change it if you so desire). As long as your vessel is generating 30 units per physics frame then it will continue to consume 30 units until the 3000 is met.

Was able to verify that this is the case, so all is well, no issue on DF side of things.
Worth mentioning that it's a little tricky trying to work with with a rate given per physics delta time, given pretty much all other resource generation/consumption is given per second.

Edited by cake>pie
phrasing

Hello!             
Is it possible to change the settings after launching career mode? I would like to disable the Temperature Checking function . I tried to add a the " RegTempReqd = false " line to the config.cfg. but it does nothing :/ Is there any hope, or it's time to start a new career?

6 hours ago, Japcsali said:

Hello!             
Is it possible to change the settings after launching career mode? I would like to disable the Temperature Checking function . I tried to add a the " RegTempReqd = false " line to the config.cfg. but it does nothing :/ Is there any hope, or it's time to start a new career?

What config file did you change?

you have to change it in your save file for an already started game.

15 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

What config file did you change?

you have to change it in your save file for an already started game.

I added the line to to the config.cfg in the reposoft>deepfreeze>plugins>plugindata.
Do I have to change the persistent savefile and the most recent quicksave too?
And of course, thank you for your help!

V0.23.5.0 published for KSP 1.3.
It supports languages but currently all languages are in English. If you want to volunteer to translate this mod to a supported language drop me a PM.
Change log:

V0.23.5.0
Compile for KSP 1.3.0
Localization ready (but all in English) - Translation volunteers welcome. ;)
If Infinite EC is turned on DeepFreeze will not consume EC.
If in IVA/Internal camera view when you freeze the last kerbal will autmatically change the camera to flight view to avoid invalid camera reference.

On 26 May 2017 at 3:34 AM, Japcsali said:

I added the line to to the config.cfg in the reposoft>deepfreeze>plugins>plugindata.
Do I have to change the persistent savefile and the most recent quicksave too?
And of course, thank you for your help!

You can change the settings for a save game via the settings - difficulty options button at the KSC. You don't have to edit the files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New release with Russian and Spanish texts.
See the OP for download links.
Thanks to @Artem Kerman for the Russian texts
Thanks to @fitiales for the Spanish texts
Edit: There is a known issue with the texts in the difficulty settings not aligning (overlapping) but that is a stock bug in 1.3. But you can still read them and the tooltips work fine if you hover over each setting.  (Hopefully a Dev will fix it for 1.3.1) :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JPL, how can I check for DeepFreeze in MM? I tried NEEDS[DeepFreeze] and [REPOSoftTech] but it does not find it. 

LOL, I need a spellchecker... my bad. Time for glasses or just bedtime :)

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 2 weeks later...

Have a bit of a problem here.  Val is on a rescue mission, was frozen, about 77 mods installed of various types.

I unfroze her, no problem.  She went EVA to get to the command pod, when she entered, there were two portraits for her.  See the image below.

Log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hvnh4q8zl2csiy7/AABvDHHKh-dxGWw58MRxh_u3a?dl=0

Is this a bug, or something else?

On 7/28/2017 at 2:35 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Have a bit of a problem here.  Val is on a rescue mission, was frozen, about 77 mods installed of various types.

I unfroze her, no problem.  She went EVA to get to the command pod, when she entered, there were two portraits for her.  See the image below.

Log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hvnh4q8zl2csiy7/AABvDHHKh-dxGWw58MRxh_u3a?dl=0

Is this a bug, or something else?

@JPLRepo did you see this, and any idea what's going on?

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Probably a bug. - adds to list.

had happened in the past but fixed..

hasnt been reported since. Will have to look into it.

Ok.  Did you get the log (ie:  can I delete it)?

Is there anything else you need from me for this?

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got it... dunno. Will have to look into it... when I can find the time. But thanks.

Hello @JPLRepo

Found a strange clone bug with CRY 13000.

Goes like this, I freeze a kerbal then after the thaw I have 2 of them heheheheheh.
If I load the ship the extra one disappears but show up after some mins, them if I freeze that kerbal again the extra one (or) extras ones disappear, if I decouple that ship the extras ones show up again.

The only fix I found is to freeze one of them again and the extras ones go away.

If you like a save or something please let me know, is not a error so no logs (unless you like me to dump the logs but I don't see anything on them.

Best regards

On 7/31/2017 at 10:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Nothing in that log tells me anything. DeepFreeze messages nominal.
Plenty of errors with your own mod in that log. But yeah, unless you can capture it again with the Verbose logging option on for DeepFreeze in the difficulty settings hard to tell.
I can't reproduce.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:34 AM, custume said:

Hello @JPLRepo

Found a strange clone bug with CRY 13000.

Goes like this, I freeze a kerbal then after the thaw I have 2 of them heheheheheh.
If I load the ship the extra one disappears but show up after some mins, them if I freeze that kerbal again the extra one (or) extras ones disappear, if I decouple that ship the extras ones show up again.

The only fix I found is to freeze one of them again and the extras ones go away.

If you like a save or something please let me know, is not a error so no logs (unless you like me to dump the logs but I don't see anything on them.

Best regards

Same with this... I can't reproduce. Freeze and thaw working fine.
Need logs. Preferably with the Debug logging on in the Deep Freeze Difficulty settings.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Plenty of errors with your own mod in that log. But yeah, unless you can capture it again with the Verbose logging option on for DeepFreeze in the difficulty settings hard to tell.
I can't reproduce.

Won't be hard, I'll get it for you either later today or tomorrow.  I wasn't aware of the verbose logging option for it

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Won't be hard, I'll get it for you either later today or tomorrow.  I wasn't aware of the verbose logging option for it

Thanks. It will lag but dump bucketloads of useful info into the log.

Ok, here it is.  The lag wasn't too bad.

I did notice one thing which may or may not be relevent:

I loaded up a save which had two pilots on board.  The pilots are in the Mk1-2 command pod and need to go EVA to get to the freezer

When I put Val into the freezer and then removed her, and got her back into the command pod, no problem.  I had to put both of them in the freezer, freeze them, and then unfreeze them and get them back into the command pod.  The extra white-noise pilot portrait only showed up after the 2nd pilot had reentered the command pod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/089yszerdmmln3h/outputLogWithDetailedLogging.zip?dl=0

22 hours ago, NomenNescio said:

I'm loving the mod, but I'm noticing two things I think it needs. First some larger glykerol containers, and a way to produce more glykerol, I would imagine adding a new function to the standard factory modules should do the trick.

Already planned. There was a forum user helping to organize and test the resources and recipes for ISRU of glykerol. But he seems to have disappeared from the forums.
Will have to pick it up in my spare time at some stage.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.