[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Love this mod, especially with OPM!

A couple suggestions :

• Mk2 and Mk3 sized pods for spaceplanes,

• A way to "mine" glykerol (I know it's been suggested before),

• A change of color for lengthy freezes: Having Jeb turn blue (literally) for a few days after having been frozen all the way to Sarmus would be funny!

8 hours ago, Bluastrid said:

Love this mod, especially with OPM!

A couple suggestions :

• Mk2 and Mk3 sized pods for spaceplanes,

• A way to "mine" glykerol (I know it's been suggested before),

• A change of color for lengthy freezes: Having Jeb turn blue (literally) for a few days after having been frozen all the way to Sarmus would be funny!

1 - But you can already.
https://imgur.com/6XEcUgh

2 - Yes on the list, with about a bajillion other things.

3 - Yeah nah.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im using this with RemoteTech.  My understanding is that if I have an active RT connection I can freeze ALL of my on-board Kerbals.  Is this correct?  When I currently try to freeze my last kerbal, the RT status goes to red NC (when I move him to the chamber) and I cant freeze him, however when he is sat in the command pod, the RT connection is green.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo

I'm updating an old life support mod, called IFI LS.  I'm trying it with this, and am getting the message that I can't freeze the kerbals at this time.

Does DF check for existence of a LS mod, and not work if it doesn't see a compatible one?

Never mind, I found the problem.

I had deleted the CRP by accident, so of course it wasn't working

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok, so it all looks good, after DF freezes the kerbals, the LS mod doesn't see them any more.

is there anything you'd recommend I either test for or add?  Thread is here:

@JPLRepo

I was looking into the cfgs to figure out a problem and noticed that the CRT-2300Freezer has a maxTemp of 2900, while the other parts had that changed to 2000 from 2900

Was this intentional?

When trying to freeze a kerbal I get a error message saying "Cannot freeze while temperature is greater then 300c". I get this message at the launch pad and in space. How do I lower the temperature. I'm using the CRY-0300 and B-10k batteries as a quick test ship.

On 21.10.2017 at 12:10 AM, MacEriu said:

When trying to freeze a kerbal I get a error message saying "Cannot freeze while temperature is greater then 300c". I get this message at the launch pad and in space. How do I lower the temperature. I'm using the CRY-0300 and B-10k batteries as a quick test ship.

Are you using any nuclear drives or generators on that ship? Then you'd want to use (more) radiators as well.

No, just the basic parts: one control part, the freeze chamber, and batteries for one quick freeze. I'll put on some radiators and see what happen.

Went to do another test, and it seems to work fine. Hope it stays that way.

Edited by MacEriu
New Text

On 23.10.2017 at 4:01 AM, MacEriu said:

No, just the basic parts: one control part, the freeze chamber, and batteries for one quick freeze. I'll put on some radiators and see what happen.

Went to do another test, and it seems to work fine. Hope it stays that way.

Every now and then KSP behaves strange in heat production management. Switched to my mun station yesterday an found nearly all parts overheating and radiators in complete overload. Likes to happen especially when time warping. =) F5 F9 cures thet sometimes, sometimes only reloading KSP works the magic. =)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I advise patience.  This was addressed a page or few back (manufacturing glykerol).  Go check, its on the list of things.  But its not simple.  The converter, the recipe, and then balancing them against game play - well those are all non-trivial things.  So how about you learn how to wait?   Its Christmas holiday season, and JPLRepo is probably like the rest of us and has a lot of other things going on. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, hyperion9710 said:

need drill and refinery to change resources into glykerol! one god damn small drill and one god damn extended attachment of refinery!

@hyperion9710 a word of well intentioned advice - You might want to tone it down a bit. Demanding in that kind of perceived harsh tone typically does not get results.  And its also against forum etiquette - and rules. If you were writing a mod as complex as this in your spare time, for free, outside of working hours, and you had to give up your recreational and family time to do it, what would you think of someone showing up and demanding "One g*d damn" anything from you?  Would you think they were acting like a brat perhaps, hmm? Think about it.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 months later...

Thanks for updating the mod.   It is essential for my trips to other planets, because I use USI-LS.

BTW:  you are distributing a very old version of Module Manager.  Current version is 3.0.6

Edited by Apollo13

50 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Thanks for updating the mod.   It is essential for my trips to other planets, because I use USI-LS.

BTW:  you are distributing a very old version of Module Manager.  Current version is 3.6.6

Ah damn. Forgot to put the new one in the build script. Just delete it and get the newest one. Will fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Hey @JPLRepo? Can you tell spacedock that this mod is chill for 1.4.2? (yeah I know your a dev for squad and thus are busy, but miniavc is reallly intent on letting me know this is outa date) =P

Cool mod btw. Very handy for kerbal health and such.

Updating spacedock to 1.4.2 won't change miniavc behavior.

Only a new release will with updated miniavc file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.