[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

21 hours ago, Kakapo said:

So I have the same Issue as DOOM89 where my kerbals get de-associated with the vessel after I freeze them.  I'm playing on a modded 1.12 save as well, which may be causing some issues.  I do have the logs however, https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv8wu1cyg2ehcoh/KSP.log?dl=0

yeah so this mod doesn't support 1.12 yet.

18 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

yeah so this mod doesn't support 1.12 yet.

that's fair, I was hoping since 1.12 didn't have many structural changes from 1.11 that it might work.  But if something change in the code then I guess I'll have to wait on an update lol.  Thanks for the response.

• 1 month later...

So I'm still playing on a supported version and have encountered a strange issue...maybe I'm just stupid.

For some reason, when I freeze a kerbal, my EC goes wacky. After taking the 3000 to freeze the Kerbal, the regular drain rate (which should be about 10 per minute iirc) is at 0.03 EC (normal so far).  After exactly 11 seconds, the drain rate suddenly spikes to 25 EC/s and increases steadily for the next 6 seconds up to 60 per second, before reverting back to 0.03 EC drained for the next 11 seconds.

https://imgur.com/a/lAFbgAX

Is this a known issue perhaps that I missed when going over the thread? Or is this likely caused by some incompatibility with MKS or Kopernicus or something?

I'm willing to bet it's something I caused, so I made sure to try with and without BackgroundProcessing enabled and made sure everything was installed correctly.

Just wondering if this is something that's been seen before or if it's something new and strange.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

V0.31.0.0 published:

Re-Compile for KSP 1.12.x
Added difficulty settings to turn off internal beep sounds and all sounds.
Fix background resources - Kopernicus solar panels integration.
Fix Portraits showing from kerbals in loaded vessels that aren't the active vessel.
Fix timing issue with the Cryopod door animation and freeze glass animation playing at the same time. They now play one after another as they used to/should.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 8:05 PM, Kakapo said:

So I have the same Issue as DOOM89 where my kerbals get de-associated with the vessel after I freeze them.  I'm playing on a modded 1.12 save as well, which may be causing some issues.  I do have the logs however, https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv8wu1cyg2ehcoh/KSP.log?dl=0

It appears from your log file that, much like me, you do not have the mod "BackgroundResources" installed. Some time around the KSPv1.7 update of this mod, BR became a hard dependency (at least if you want DF to work through a save and load). I need to do a tiny bit of investigation before creating an issue and maybe a PR (problem being I'm not as motivated to make it work with BR as I am without...) on github.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:38 AM, whitespacekilla said:

It appears from your log file that, much like me, you do not have the mod "BackgroundResources" installed. Some time around the KSPv1.7 update of this mod, BR became a hard dependency (at least if you want DF to work through a save and load). I need to do a tiny bit of investigation before creating an issue and maybe a PR (problem being I'm not as motivated to make it work with BR as I am without...) on github.

Sorry what Mod are you referring to?

There are two. One that I distribute as part of this mod. (it's not a separate mod).
And there are several other background resource type mods.
However, if you remove part of this mod then of course it will stop functioning.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:20 PM, JPLRepo said:

Sorry what Mod are you referring to?

There are two. One that I distribute as part of this mod. (it's not a separate mod).
And there are several other background resource type mods.
However, if you remove part of this mod then of course it will stop functioning.

I know none of the information I'll provide is going to change how you operate this mod, nor do I need help getting the mod to work, I've got a local fork that doesn't rely on BackgroundResources now anyway because the source didn't seem available.

That said, I'm talking about BackgroundResources. It's a separate mod by all the definitions I'm aware of - its source isn't included with the source of DeepFreeze, DeepFreeze loads and presents a UI and functionality that actually work until you save and load with frozen kerbals without it, it's housed in a different directory with a unique name and matching DLL, and (this will be the most controversial element to you) it's available separately on CKAN as only a "Recommended" add-on for DeepFreeze. That you don't think of it as a separate mod, support CKAN, or include it in the source code repo is definitely up to you but obviously leads to installs that don't have it. I don't see how attempting to talk down to another programmer trying to help one of your users or pretending people removed part of the mod (that appears to many to be 2 separate mods and is distributed through a channel you don't control in that manner) is constructive, though.

9 hours ago, whitespacekilla said:

I know none of the information I'll provide is going to change how you operate this mod, nor do I need help getting the mod to work, I've got a local fork that doesn't rely on BackgroundResources now anyway because the source didn't seem available.

That said, I'm talking about BackgroundResources. It's a separate mod by all the definitions I'm aware of - its source isn't included with the source of DeepFreeze, DeepFreeze loads and presents a UI and functionality that actually work until you save and load with frozen kerbals without it, it's housed in a different directory with a unique name and matching DLL, and (this will be the most controversial element to you) it's available separately on CKAN as only a "Recommended" add-on for DeepFreeze. That you don't think of it as a separate mod, support CKAN, or include it in the source code repo is definitely up to you but obviously leads to installs that don't have it. I don't see how attempting to talk down to another programmer trying to help one of your users or pretending people removed part of the mod (that appears to many to be 2 separate mods and is distributed through a channel you don't control in that manner) is constructive, though.

Thank you for helping others. It is much appreciated.

Just to clarify, All I asked was which background resource mod you were referring to. This mod supports two.
If it's the one I think it is, then I already have a fix for the issue the other user  as asking about with regard to the dll that is distributed with this mod and that will be released soon as I have finished updating all my mods for 1.12.x.
The source code is available for that dll btw from the github repository, but I have now made it easier by adding a link to the OP as well in case you are still having trouble finding it.

I don't understand how installs that follow my install instructions leads to installs that don't have my distributed zip file with the DLLs it includes. If people use other tools to install that have split out DLLs from my zip files, eg: CKAN that is entirely up to them. My position on the use of CKAN is clear. I don't support installs that have been installed using CKAN. This is a fine example of why my position is such., There is a long history of similar issues.
I am not talking down to anyone. I was simply seeking to clarify what mod/DLL was being talked about. Again, thanks for your time. It is very much appreciated.

19 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Thank you for helping others. It is much appreciated.

Just to clarify, All I asked was which background resource mod you were referring to. This mod supports two.
If it's the one I think it is, then I already have a fix for the issue the other user  as asking about with regard to the dll that is distributed with this mod and that will be released soon as I have finished updating all my mods for 1.12.x.
The source code is available for that dll btw from the github repository, but I have now made it easier by adding a link to the OP as well in case you are still having trouble finding it.

I don't understand how installs that follow my install instructions leads to installs that don't have my distributed zip file with the DLLs it includes. If people use other tools to install that have split out DLLs from my zip files, eg: CKAN that is entirely up to them. My position on the use of CKAN is clear. I don't support installs that have been installed using CKAN. This is a fine example of why my position is such., There is a long history of similar issues.
I am not talking down to anyone. I was simply seeking to clarify what mod/DLL was being talked about. Again, thanks for your time. It is very much appreciated.

That's fair. Perhaps I assumed too much tone from our miscommunication.

If I write, "the mod 'BackgroundResources'", though, I won't ever mean the mod "BackgroundProcessing". I will always mean the set of folders, DLLs, and module manager configs named in such a way (BackgroundResources subfolder of gamedata, BackgroundResources.dll, `FOR[BackgroundResources]`, etc.) as to constitute the BackgroundResources mod. I still disagree that it's not a separate mod on that naming basis, on it's separate licensing, and because it is included in other mods (at least TACLS, no?). I finally located the source code for BackgroundResources, also. I failed at a combination of google searching and looking at your repos and did not expect it to be at REPOSoftTechKSPUtils. Please forgive my statement saying the source was unavailable.

I know you don't support CKAN installs. I myself used to think CKAN was a bad way to get mods but reversed that position over time, so I'm sympathetic to modders and users with criticisms AND creators' rights to support those distribution methods they choose. Many users will find your mods on CKAN, though, and never see your warning. It's more accurate to say that BackgroundResources is a separate mod on which TAC-LS and DeepFreeze rely that happens to be bundled with both if users get them from your preferred channel. Communicating the dependency that way would have probably resulted in correctly configured CKAN metadata.

Thanks for producing and maintaining the many high quality mods in your portfolio.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys! 
IRSU Glykerol?

I was testing this mod for a career game in 1.12. after a long break from ksp and i was wondering if there was a config for IRSU Glykerol on stock or via some mods (USI suit.. etc etc).
I tried to look into the changelog and on the game but couldn't find any.
Otherwise i'm gonna write a simple one for myself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 4:21 PM, KyZekk said:

Can I use the 1.12.x version of the mod on a 1.10.1 already existing save?  I already have the 1.10.1 version I just want to upgrade to a fix so that my kerbals don't keep getting eaten anytime I use Deepfreeze.

You have to upgrade KSP to 1.12.x as well. otherwise, no it won't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the plug-in for deep freeze actually require something from CRP other than the resource definitions? I'd rather not use CRP as it triggers MM patches for several other mods I'm using that make the game significantly more complicated, but also don't want to spend time trying to cfg patch it out if the code requires it.

On 12/27/2021 at 3:23 AM, Randazzo said:

Does the plug-in for deep freeze actually require something from CRP other than the resource definitions? I'd rather not use CRP as it triggers MM patches for several other mods I'm using that make the game significantly more complicated, but also don't want to spend time trying to cfg patch it out if the code requires it.

DeepFreeze requires CRP for resources used by this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

[LOG 14:38:54.345] 1/6/2022 2:38:54 PM,DeepFreeze,FixedUpdate failed to update DeepFreeze Internal Vessel Memory
[LOG 14:38:54.345] 1/6/2022 2:38:54 PM,DeepFreeze,Err: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BackgroundResources, Version=1.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'BackgroundResources, Version=1.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
  at DF.DFIntMemory.FixedUpdate () [0x000f6] in <72233efaa3ee4936a15201f98fac7b68>:0

I just started a brand-new career. After trying to find out  why my contacts didn't trigger, I found out that DeepFreeze spams this error in the console.

Here's my KSP-log.

https://file.io/1gGMaEDmaiJp

On 1/6/2022 at 11:49 PM, FasterThanFlourite said:

I just started a brand-new career. After trying to find out  why my contacts didn't trigger, I found out that DeepFreeze spams this error in the console.

Here's my KSP-log.

https://file.io/1gGMaEDmaiJp

You are missing one of the installation files. Please re-install as per the instructions in the opening post.

• 1 month later...

Hi @JPLRepo. Just wanted to ask if your mods are backwards compatible? For example this mod, DeepFreeze, has 0.31 version with KSP 1.12.0-1.12.99 in .version file and 0.30 version with 1.11.0-1.11.99 in .version file. Should I strictly use v0.30 for my KSP 1.11.2, or the latest one is fine as well? Same question is for your other mods. And there are some cases (i.e. JSIAdvTransparentPods) when you only have versions for, lets say, 1.12 and 1.10/1.9/1.8. Which one is preferable for 1.11, newer or older?

Thanks.

Edited by Miruzuki

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 8:04 AM, Miruzuki said:

Hi @JPLRepo. Just wanted to ask if your mods are backwards compatible? For example this mod, DeepFreeze, has 0.31 version with KSP 1.12.0-1.12.99 in .version file and 0.30 version with 1.11.0-1.11.99 in .version file. Should I strictly use v0.30 for my KSP 1.11.2, or the latest one is fine as well? Same question is for your other mods. And there are some cases (i.e. JSIAdvTransparentPods) when you only have versions for, lets say, 1.12 and 1.10/1.9/1.8. Which one is preferable for 1.11, newer or older?

Thanks.

This depends, I would not say they are nor recommend it. This is because generally a verison of a mod is compiled against a version of KSPs DLLs. So it may be using code that is introduced or changed in KSP for a particular version.
Bottom line is: You should use the version of the mod to match the version of KSP you are using.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm expiriencing some issues with deep freeze, it's nothing game breaking but the ingame console is getting spammed with "part not found" messeges (refer to the picture), I'm not sure if this is capable of causing any sort of errors with the mod or if it can cause any lag/performance issues, if not then I don't have anything to worry about, but in the case that is causes the latter issues is there something that can be done to fix it? (I've also uploaded screenshots of my ckan installed mods page if required, another thing to mention is that none of the currently installed mods have had any major issues apart from tweakscale not being able to work on some parts)unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.