[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

On 10/3/2021 at 12:07 AM, JPLRepo said:

I don't understand how installs that follow my install instructions leads to installs that don't have my distributed zip file with the DLLs it includes. If people use other tools to install that have split out DLLs from my zip files, eg: CKAN that is entirely up to them.

Hi, BackgroundResources was changed from a dependency to a recommendation in CKAN after this:

https://github.com/JPLRepo/DeepFreeze/issues/96#issuecomment-583789984

JPLRepo commented on Feb 9, 2020

BackgroundResources is not required to run DeepFreeze and can be safely removed from it's separate folder.

If that has changed again, we'd be happy to change it back.

Hello, I've been using this mod alongside Snacks! to freeze kerbals while I do interplanetary missions, however it seems I can't thaw them. They don't exist in the Astronaut Complex as Missing or Active or otherwise, and the Deep Freeze component says they are empty, however the Deep Freeze Menu itself shows the two under the 'other frozen kerbals on other ships' bottom part of the menu, but they have no assigned ship. Please, is there any way for me to rescue my kerbals from this ether?  Thank you

4 hours ago, MisterBluSky said:

Hello, I've been using this mod alongside Snacks! to freeze kerbals while I do interplanetary missions, however it seems I can't thaw them. They don't exist in the Astronaut Complex as Missing or Active or otherwise, and the Deep Freeze component says they are empty, however the Deep Freeze Menu itself shows the two under the 'other frozen kerbals on other ships' bottom part of the menu, but they have no assigned ship. Please, is there any way for me to rescue my kerbals from this ether?  Thank you

No logs = no support. sorry.
Without logs I can't investigate your issue. For yours in particular I would also need the save files.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:57 AM, HebaruSan said:

Hi, BackgroundResources was changed from a dependency to a recommendation in CKAN after this:

https://github.com/JPLRepo/DeepFreeze/issues/96#issuecomment-583789984

If that has changed again, we'd be happy to change it back.

That's a mistake on my part. Background resources is required for Deepfreeze to run and is distributed with Deepfreeze in the distribution zip file.

The problem is with people playing around with the install files, so if you install the zip supplied by me you will have no issues.

As stated in the opening post, I do not, and never will support the likes of CKAN. The install instructions for all my mods are included both at the download site and in the opening post of the thread for each mod.

28 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No logs = no support. sorry.
Without logs I can't investigate your issue. For yours in particular I would also need the save files.

Actually, I was able to find a work-around: I'm able to thaw kerbals via the Space Center Deep-Freeze menu, just not the physical ship itself. Next time I have an issue on this forum, I'll be sure to include my logs. Great mod, thank you!

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

As stated in the opening post, I do not, and never will support the likes of CKAN.

TBH, this is the reason I do not use DeepFreeze any more.  I don't like spending all my time keep various mods happy and CKAN really helps with that.  My time spent playing as opposed to installation dinking improved dramatically when I went to CKAN only mods.  Just a data point, for what it is worth to you

30 minutes ago, darthgently said:

TBH, this is the reason I do not use DeepFreeze any more.  I don't like spending all my time keep various mods happy and CKAN really helps with that.  My time spent playing as opposed to installation dinking improved dramatically when I went to CKAN only mods.  Just a data point, for what it is worth to you

Thanks, but thre is a very long history with regard to CKAN, and modders time being wasted with such. Hence, I do not and never will support it. Spending hours upon hours on mods for no reward is bad enough. Spending several more hours maintaining meta data for CKAN just isn';t worth my time.

If the community can't install them without CKAN that's up to them. Unzipping a file is not hard. I play with tons of mods installed, and I have no issue doing it without CKAN. But,each to their own.
Have a great day!

13 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Have a great day!

No worries, as noted, just a data point, and you have a great one also!  It looks like there is a good chance that some type of hibernation may be stock in KSP2 and that would be optimal

Edited by darthgently

• 2 months later...

Hello!
Two days ago I decided to return to the game after a year of non-playing and installed some mods including Galaxies Unbound, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Interstellar Extended, Interstellar Technologies, TAC Life Support, and DeepFreeze, to try an intergalactic KSP run.
But the game was crashing on startup and after two days of trying to understand what's the problem, I finally found that it was the Deep Freeze mod causing a CTD, and it's really sad because I had big plans to colonize with kerbals all of the galaxies transporting them in cryo-sleep.
After a bit of research, I found that my issue (#108) was already solved on GitHub, but the source code was never compiled and there weren't any updates on the release page.. So.. Is there any chance for an update any time soon?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 11:17 PM, LieutenantPotato said:

Hello!
Two days ago I decided to return to the game after a year of non-playing and installed some mods including Galaxies Unbound, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Interstellar Extended, Interstellar Technologies, TAC Life Support, and DeepFreeze, to try an intergalactic KSP run.
But the game was crashing on startup and after two days of trying to understand what's the problem, I finally found that it was the Deep Freeze mod causing a CTD, and it's really sad because I had big plans to colonize with kerbals all of the galaxies transporting them in cryo-sleep.
After a bit of research, I found that my issue (#108) was already solved on GitHub, but the source code was never compiled and there weren't any updates on the release page.. So.. Is there any chance for an update any time soon?

Hmm, I thought I had fixed that. I will investigate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!
I want to significantly increase the cost of freezing technology (this technology is too cheater, especially when you use mods for life support systems). I found a way to increase the cost of modules. But I could not find how to increase the cost of the "glycerol" resource. Now its price is 2 credits per unit. I want to increase to 2000. Can you tell me in which file to do this?

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Thanks, any water to extract clean water and carbon? I don't know which parts are supposed to do that?

That's part of the Rational Resources Rabbit Hole. Water can be extracted with drills in water-bearing biomes, split from Hydrates or collected from atmospheres/exospheres where available.
Carbon can be refined from Ore or by splitting Carbondioxide (from atmospheres/exospheres).

The RR companion mod adds ISRU recipes and extractors. The RR parts mod adds some specialized scanners and ISRU freezers. SCANsat is helpful to find planetary resources.

• 3 months later...

@JPLRepo

Today I downloaded deep freeze from github, and I put everything inside the game data folder, so, lacking of a dependency is not an issue here, how ever, when I run the game, it complains about something went bad and about bad installation!

Here is my player.log file, please help LINK

thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I got this error a bunch of times in log:

Spoiler

[LOG 02:46:40.862] DeepFreezer OnDestroy
[EXC 02:46:40.862] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DF.DeepFreezer.OnDestroy () (at <72233efaa3ee4936a15201f98fac7b68>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    <RenderDragCubes>d__34:DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext_Patch0(<RenderDragCubes>d__34)
    KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<FrameUnlockedCoroutine>d__61:MoveNext()
    KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<PartLoader_CompileAll>d__57:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

KSP.log

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone, some of you may or may not know that I am a senior dev on KSP1 and now also on KSP2.
Unfortunately I am finding it harder and harder to find time to invest in my KSP1 mods as I would like to. Almost all of my efforts and time now go into KSP2.
That is not to say that I am giving up on my KSP1 mods, just that it is unlikely I am going to have much time to invest in looking at or fixing problems with them. I will find the time to fix some things but it is going to be a very slow road I'm afraid.
I will try my best, but cannot gaurantee anything. Instead - I am sinking all my time into KSP2 development in order to deliver all the exciting new stuff we can for KSP2 and opening up modding in KSP2 for everyone as well.
I hope you all understand. Thanks for your patience and support.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:16 AM, UltraJohn said:

Hello, I got this error a bunch of times in log:

Hide contents

[LOG 02:46:40.862] DeepFreezer OnDestroy
[EXC 02:46:40.862] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DF.DeepFreezer.OnDestroy () (at <72233efaa3ee4936a15201f98fac7b68>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    <RenderDragCubes>d__34:DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext_Patch0(<RenderDragCubes>d__34)
    KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<FrameUnlockedCoroutine>d__61:MoveNext()
    KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<PartLoader_CompileAll>d__57:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

KSP.log

This is an issue JPLRepo fixed in the Source code back in May 2022, but never released an update to the game files. With them now stating they will be busy for a bit to do any updates, I built their source to get the updated DeepFreeze.dll.  You can grab the updated dll from the fork: https://github.com/Aerospacesmith/DeepFreeze/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Plugins/DeepFreeze.dll
It goes in \GameData\REPOSoftTech\DeepFreeze\Plugins\
I've tested it and haven't run into any issues so far. And no more log spam on startup.

8 minutes ago, Aerospacesmith said:

This is an issue JPLRepo fixed in the Source code back in May 2022, but never released an update to the game files. With them now stating they will be busy for a bit to do any updates, I built their source to get the updated DeepFreeze.dll.  You can grab the updated dll from the fork: https://github.com/Aerospacesmith/DeepFreeze/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Plugins/DeepFreeze.dll
It goes in \GameData\REPOSoftTech\DeepFreeze\Plugins\
I've tested it and haven't run into any issues so far. And no more log spam on startup.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2023 at 4:15 PM, Jiraiyah said:

@JPLRepo

Today I downloaded deep freeze from github, and I put everything inside the game data folder, so, lacking of a dependency is not an issue here, how ever, when I run the game, it complains about something went bad and about bad installation!

Here is my player.log file, please help LINK

thanks for your help

until @JPLRepo can find a time to see to this error, can anyone help me getting rid of it with an unofficial build? I want to play interstellar and honestly, without deep freeze it's almost impossible to send kerbals to other stars in galaxies.

If there is no way to fix this for time being, can anyone help and recommend an alternative way? Personally was thinking about playing with civilian population hand in hand with deep freeze, but now, I don't know if I can use civilian population for years away from kerbol system!

Edited by Jiraiyah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.