JPLRepo

[1.6.x] DeepFreeze (v0.25.0) 17th Mar 2019

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to make more Glykerol, thanks.

22 hours ago, NotConor said:

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to make more Glykerol, thanks.

Sure is.
Start your favorite 3D modelling software.
Create your 3D model.
Export it and make it into a KSP part (lots of tutorials on the forum about how to do that).
Create your new part's cfg file.
Add the Glykerol resource to it.

Done.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:13 PM, JPLRepo said:

Sure is.
Create your 3D model.
Export it and make it into a KSP part (lots of tutorials on the forum about how to do that).
Add the Glykerol resource to it.

Done.

It sounds like he was actually talking about how to manufacture it in the game...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey, I just got the mod and have been trying to get it working but I am having the same issue someone mentioned earlier where all the glass is pink. I think it's a missing texture bug but unsure. As far as mods, I have the texture replacer (I tried it before I installed it and then added it to try and fix it) along with the following:

• Cryo Engines
  • Near Future (All of them)
  • MechJeb2
  • Reentry Particle Effect
  • TAC Lifesupport
  • KIS

Unsure how to fix this issue, so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom on how to make the glass look normal that would be amazing! Thank you
EDIT: Whenever I have the external cryo pod active and I have transparent pod ON the glass is pink. When transparent is set to OFF or AUTO the glass is black instead (and obviously not transparent). I hope this info helps find a solution! Love the mod so far though, gonna be perfect for Duna and Jool missions :D

Also first post, long time KSP user :D

Edited by Yaaar's Revenge
Extra info for support

On 3/6/2019 at 2:36 AM, Starwaster said:

It sounds like he was actually talking about how to manufacture it in the game...

Oh maybe you're right.

In that case, @NotConor

Create your 3D model.
Add the TACGenericConverter PartModule to the part's cfg file and define the input resources you want to use to manufacture Glykerol. In the output resources specify Glykerol. Also define the input ratios and output ratios in those definitions for how much of resource X, Y,Z creates how much of Glykerol.
Profit.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:10 AM, Yaaar's Revenge said:

Hey, I just got the mod and have been trying to get it working but I am having the same issue someone mentioned earlier where all the glass is pink. I think it's a missing texture bug but unsure. As far as mods, I have the texture replacer (I tried it before I installed it and then added it to try and fix it) along with the following:

• Cryo Engines
  • Near Future (All of them)
  • MechJeb2
  • Reentry Particle Effect
  • TAC Lifesupport
  • KIS

Unsure how to fix this issue, so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom on how to make the glass look normal that would be amazing! Thank you
EDIT: Whenever I have the external cryo pod active and I have transparent pod ON the glass is pink. When transparent is set to OFF or AUTO the glass is black instead (and obviously not transparent). I hope this info helps find a solution! Love the mod so far though, gonna be perfect for Duna and Jool missions :D

Also first post, long time KSP user :D

also for EliteMaster512 and everyone else seeing this issue - which will only occur if you have my advanced transparents pod mod also installed alongside Deepfreexe :
You can't fix it, but I have identified the problem. I will try to release a patch in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

also for EliteMaster512 and everyone else seeing this issue - which will only occur if you have my advanced transparents pod mod also installed alongside Deepfreexe :
You can't fix it, but I have identified the problem. I will try to release a patch in the next couple of days.

Awesome thanks dude! Can't wait to see my frozen Kerbals in all their.....coldness? :D

Hello I have a question regarding this mod and Tac Life Support. This mod has an optional background processing mod for electricity consumption on unfocused vessels, and TAC has the background resources mod for doing what I believe is the same thing.. So my question is if I should only have one of these installed because currently I have both?

Also I've noticed that all of my probed that I've sent up (with 4 OX-STAT solar panels, orbiting Gael (GPP)) seem to have an issue where they all end up with 0 EC upon timewarping, it's like it doesn't seem to recognize that there are solar panels on them when the vessels are unfocused. That's what prompted the question of if the two background processing mods were conflicting or not.

EDIT: Actually another question .. Is BackgroundProcessing compatible with the Kopernicus Solar Panel Module?

EDIT: Alright so I did some testing and it does appear that with just background processing and Kopernicus installed (no additional planet mods or anything, just Kopernicus and it's dependencies) that background processing isn't compatible with Kopernicus. That's unfortunate as in my main install I use GPP / GEP .. Which means I need the Kopernicus Solar Panel module to get solar power from the star Grannus in GEP. At the same time I need Deep Freeze to even attempt getting Kerbals out to Grannus in the first place, else they'll just run out of life support and die.

Edited by CoriW

Updated to V0.25 fixes the pink/black cryopod glass.

Also made some improvements in performance and garbage generation in the freezer modules.

Please make sure you also udpate Advanced Transparent Pods to V0.1.19 if you use that mod with DeepFreeze.

• Like 2