[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Now that KSP 1.2 Prerelease is out, PLEASE do not expect mods to be updated quickly.  
Prerelease is for the purpose of further debugging, and gives us modders an opportunity to see the new code and work with it.  
Since prerelease is typically a moving target, I will not be releasing any "official" release of my mods until KSP goes Full 1.2 Release itself.
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I do not have the free time to be continually updating and releasing while 1.2 is still a moving target.

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I do not have the free time to be continually updating and releasing while 1.2 is still a moving target.

No reason to appologize.

And I might just have found another mod for me. :D

On 11/07/2016 at 8:10 AM, JPLRepo said:

No log ? = no support. 

Works for me so I can't help you without a log when the error occurs.

AH ha, turns out it was the systematic NAN killer, and nothing to do with your mod, i lost the whole savefile but it was a kerbal issue, and im now on another save, and working along with your mod fine! thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded to 1.1.3 (I know, I know, it took an age for all my mods to get there!) and deepfreeze is now giving me a warning at start that I need module manager installed.

I have ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll in my GameData folder, a higher version than the one this mod is bundled with. Do I need anything else? Can I safely ignore the warning?

Edited by Bishop149

28 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

I just upgraded to 1.1.3 (I know, I know, it took an age for all my mods to get there!) and deepfreeze is now giving me a warning at start that I need module manager installed.

I have ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll in my GameData folder, a higher version than the one this mod is bundled with. Do I need anything else? Can I safely ignore the warning?

First, MM 2.7.1 is for KSP 1.2  You will want to go to a version earlier than 2.7.0.  

36 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

First, MM 2.7.1 is for KSP 1.2  You will want to go to a version earlier than 2.7.0.  

Doh, well that was it then.

I just grabbed the latest version without thinking, wasn't expecting it to be for a version of KSP not even released yet!

2 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

Doh, well that was it then.

I just grabbed the latest version without thinking, wasn't expecting it to be for a version of KSP not even released yet!

DeepFreeze comes with the correct version of Module Manager included. So the 1.1.3 download would include Module Manager that works with 1.1.3.

Don't know if this is intended, but the temperature scaling and fatal/comatose settings in difficulty are greyed out and not manipulable when starting a new game. You have to go into settings after-the-fact to tweak these. This wasn't intuitive, I spent almost 15 minutes looking for bug reports and nosing about in the config file before I went back in after-the-fact and saw the controls were enabled.

If it *is* intended, I might suggest drawing an explanatory label somewhere on the panel when the controls are disabled.

40 minutes ago, draeath said:

Don't know if this is intended, but the temperature scaling and fatal/comatose settings in difficulty are greyed out and not manipulable when starting a new game. You have to go into settings after-the-fact to tweak these. This wasn't intuitive, I spent almost 15 minutes looking for bug reports and nosing about in the config file before I went back in after-the-fact and saw the controls were enabled.

If it *is* intended, I might suggest drawing an explanatory label somewhere on the panel when the controls are disabled.

Are you saying that enabling the EC radio button or heating radio button does NOT enable the related settings?
The intention is they are greyed out if you do not initially set the EC or Heating radio buttons ON.
Once they are set on you can then make changes to the related settings. At least that is the intention, I will check that is the behavior myself when I get home from the office today.

3 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Are you saying that enabling the EC radio button or heating radio button does NOT enable the related settings?
The intention is they are greyed out if you do not initially set the EC or Heating radio buttons ON.
Once they are set on you can then make changes to the related settings. At least that is the intention, I will check that is the behavior myself when I get home from the office today.

Yep, no matter what I did they remained disabled. They do behave correctly once you're in game, though - it's just during the initial game config that it misbehaves.

10 hours ago, draeath said:

Yep, no matter what I did they remained disabled. They do behave correctly once you're in game, though - it's just during the initial game config that it misbehaves.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'll investigate further.
EDIT: Adding bug to GitHub for this: https://github.com/JPLRepo/DeepFreeze/issues/63

Edited by JPLRepo

Now that I've got the 1.2 update done I wanted to float an idea here.
1.2 supports part upgrades in the Tech Tree. What part upgrades would people like to see for the DeepFreeze parts?
Can't increase cryopod capacities in the parts, but I was thinking - more efficient EC usage, heat generation, uses less Glykerol?
What do people think?

another idea for upgrading, can it be done so that freezing would be aborted normally after certain amount of time and upgrading would give longer time until the last tear that would keep kerbals frozen until you say other wise (current version's behavior) ?

On 15.10.2016 at 7:02 AM, JPLRepo said:

I was thinking - more efficient EC usage, heat generation, uses less Glykerol?
What do people think?

All of those sound reasonable to me. Really no idea how to go about balancing though.

On 15.10.2016 at 1:08 PM, Jiraiyah said:

can it be done so that freezing would be aborted normally after certain amount of time and upgrading would give longer time until the last tear that would keep kerbals frozen until you say other wise (current version's behavior) ?

^ This would really be great IMO.

Edited by MaxRebo

39 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Hi

I got the message box at the start of menu screen telling that deep freeze has encountered a critical problem, here is the OUTPUT file

There are many errors in your log.

Spoiler

0/18/2016 9:26:07 PM,DeepFreeze,DeepFreeze Failed to Load Textures - are you missing a file?
10/18/2016 9:26:11 PM,DeepFreeze,DeepFreeze - Caught an exception:
Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.String.ParseFormatSpecifier (System.String str, System.Int32& ptr, System.Int32& n, System.Int32& width, System.Boolean& left_align, System.String& format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RSTUtils.Utilities.Log (System.String Message, System.Object[] strParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DF.InstallChecker.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

These errors relate to DeepFreeze and indicate it is not installed correctly.
I also noticed you have many different versions of Module Manager installed throughout your GameData folder and versions and mods that are not KSP 1.2 compatible.
I would recommend a clean install and only install Mods for KSP 1.2 into the correct locations. Ensure you have only one Module Manager (latest is V2.7.1).

18 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Ok, got it on a clean install, here is the new log https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrvnnxjuw5sb7hd/output_log.zip?dl=0

also, remember, I am using the community resource pack from rover dude's repo not the one in your pack it's version is 0.6.1.0

other than that, there is nothing wrong related to installing the mod

I think the problem is you have KSP installed in a directory that has "{" and "}" in a folder name.
EG: C:\Users\(Removed)\Desktop\Modding KSP\{1.2}\KSP_win64 - TESTING\
Try installing in a folder that does not use "{" and "}" and let me know how that goes.
EDIT: just rename the "{1.2}" folder to say "1.2"

Edited by JPLRepo

3 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I think the problem is you have KSP installed in a directory that has "{" and "}" in a folder name.
EG: C:\Users\(Removed)\Desktop\Modding KSP\{1.2}\KSP_win64 - TESTING\
Try installing in a folder that does not use "{" and "}" and let me know how that goes.

you nailed it down sir, it was exactly that

Just now, Jiraiyah said:

you nailed it down sir, it was exactly that

Excellent. "{" and "}" are special characters. I'll look at making DeepFreeze a bit more robust in next version to handle this if it can.
But in the meantime don't use these characters for folder names where you install KSP.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.