[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

I have internals removed through a patch as it has serious issues with performance. Anythig over 10 kerbals and you are looking at lag city; this has been an issue with KSP for ages (at least 1.0.4) and thus I have them switched off to allow normal game play while not even running a potato (4790K/16GB/SSD/GTX970). This poses a problem with Deepfreeze as it will not show the kerbals in the part GUI, and the deepfreeze UI will show them but now thaw/freeze the kerbals. Is there any way to get this to work with internals switched off?

lag_internals.jpg
This is a plot from MemGraph showing the load for parts with internals and then dropping way down when I undock from the ship with inetrnals. When I use my patch to remove internals, the entire plot shows around a 20-25MB heap vs the 150mb without the patch. Also notice the frequency of the stutter which is every few seconds with internals and around 1 minute without them.

Hence the complete aversion to having more than 2-3 kerbals showing in the internals.

PS: Also when Kerbals are frozen, the contracts will not register them crossing SOI consitently. Running KSP 1.3.1 and DF 23.7.0 btw.

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, The_Joe said:

Hey folks, I cannot get the parts to show up in the assembly buildings.  I can see CRY-5000 (From kerbal planetary systems) and I can see the settings menu from the KSC.  

Any help?  I reinstalled the mod, still no joy.  

See OP - no log - can't help you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 1TitanicFan said:

Omg so amazing I would love to download this on CKAN but it is only in V 1.4.1 and i am running V 1.4.2 oof :(. I know it works for V 1.4.5 but CKAN needs to update it to that V first.

Are you saying CKAN won't let you, or isn't showing it as available?

You can change what CKAN will allow in "Compatible KSP Versions" settings. I usually keep it open for quite a few versions back, since many parts, etc. don't need updating to work fine.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, Beetlecat said:

Are you saying CKAN won't let you, or isn't showing it as available?

You can change what CKAN will allow in "Compatible KSP Versions" settings. I usually keep it open for quite a few versions back, since many parts, etc. don't need updating to work fine.

it shows that  the latest version of KSP is 1.4.1 and I am currently running version 1.4.2 due to my other mods. and the current version of the mod is tells me is V0.23.8.0

Edited by 1TitanicFan
not finnished

• 1 month later...

Getting this message whenever I try to use any of the parts "Cannot freeze while temperature is greater then 300c". I get this message at the launch pad and in space. Happens on all the parts. Any advice. Have EC/No nuclear anything causing heat just sitting on launch pad.

5 hours ago, mkalaska said:

Getting this message whenever I try to use any of the parts "Cannot freeze while temperature is greater then 300c". I get this message at the launch pad and in space. Happens on all the parts. Any advice. Have EC/No nuclear anything causing heat just sitting on launch pad.

You have the temp checking feature on in your DF game settings; and your part temperature is > the temperatures set in your settings. So they part cannot freeze any kerbals until it cools down.

Temperature Checking function (switch on and off via config settings: RegTempReqd = true/false). If switched on the Freezer Part temperature must be < the RegTempFreeze value (in settings)to be able to freeze a kerbal. If switched on you must maintain the Freezer part temperature BELOW the RegTempMonitor (in settings) value. If you do not, then there is a good chance the freezer will fail and your kerbals WILL start dying if you have the EC fatal option turned on. If switched on Freezing/Thawing and Holding Frozen Kerbals will cause the freezer parts to produce Heat which you will then need to manage. - This function only operates on the active vessel as Temperature control on unloaded vessels is too risky in the current KSP version. If you wish to use this function, do so at your own risk.. (or rather the Kerbals) and use a heat control mod and parts like this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya and many thanks for this epic mod.

I'm running DeepFreeze with 1.6.1 and RSS + many others. When EC required to run tanks is enabled (though with temperature requirement disabled), I see a hugely fluctuating EC usage from the freeze tank as you can see here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/372516431?t=04h03m16s though please excuse my naughty words.

Note the "Current EC Usage" on the freezer fluctuating along with the current usage at the top right.

Just now I set DeepFreeze to extra debug logging, and setup a Freezer/Battery/Solar/Probe on the launchpad, froze me some kerbals and wanted to post the outpug log here but not sure how?

Thanks in advance for any help o7

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, and thank you for making this wonderful mod! Now I can get to Duna without having to build a giant station with a living quarters, a greenhouse, and all of that. At least not yet anyways!

However when I use this mod, I get a shader/texture error on the pods in the form of a opaque pink color. Pictured here: screenshot32.png?width=1202&height=677

The pink hue appears in IVA, and when using the "Show Interior" option in the lower right-hand corner.

I will post a log below,  but as you can see I have many mods installed, so chances are its an incompatibility thing. Among the mods used are Planetshine, Kopernicus, and Scatterer. I'm using the Astronomer's Visual Pack with KSPRC textures.

Disabling Scatterer/Planetshine seems to do nothing. I am also using the JSI patch, not sure if that's applicable to IVA. Here is the log, which will naturally contain all mods used.

Log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAxIySo6bbndrRAp5-GX41f6yud_aWDp/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Just wanted to say I see some say that this issue occurs on 1.6.x with builds compiled for earlier versions. I am still having this issue on the build for 1.6.x, v0.24.0.0.

I did manually uninstall the mod before reinstallation.

Will also put bug report on GitHub.

Edited by EliteMaster512

On 2/18/2019 at 11:39 AM, EliteMaster512 said:

Hello, and thank you for making this wonderful mod! Now I can get to Duna without having to build a giant station with a living quarters, a greenhouse, and all of that. At least not yet anyways!

However when I use this mod, I get a shader/texture error on the pods in the form of a opaque pink color. Pictured here: screenshot32.png?width=1202&height=677

The pink hue appears in IVA, and when using the "Show Interior" option in the lower right-hand corner.

I will post a log below,  but as you can see I have many mods installed, so chances are its an incompatibility thing. Among the mods used are Planetshine, Kopernicus, and Scatterer. I'm using the Astronomer's Visual Pack with KSPRC textures.

Disabling Scatterer/Planetshine seems to do nothing. I am also using the JSI patch, not sure if that's applicable to IVA. Here is the log, which will naturally contain all mods used.

Log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAxIySo6bbndrRAp5-GX41f6yud_aWDp/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Just wanted to say I see some say that this issue occurs on 1.6.x with builds compiled for earlier versions. I am still having this issue on the build for 1.6.x, v0.24.0.0.

I did manually uninstall the mod before reinstallation.

Will also put bug report on GitHub.

Hmm.. was working fine for me yesterday.

Edit/Update: I looked at your log. .lots of errors. Can I suggest you try with just Deepfreeze and JSI Advanced transparent pods only in a separate copy of the game and see if you still have the error or not. IF not - it's some other mod causing the issue. If it still is occurring let me know. Because running Deepfreeze and JSI advanced transparent pods on my machine and it works fine with 1.6.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.