[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Ok I have a fix for the sounds issue in the editor. Which BTW only occurs with the radial CRY-0300R in symmetry mode.
Do people still want to be able to freeze/thaw tourists? Given as Snarfster said, frozen tourists are not recognized by contracts system when crossing SOIs etc when the tourist is frozen.

On 24/12/2015 at 3:03 PM, blu3wolf said:

How big is the memory footprint of this mod? Id love to try it, but Im almost certain I wont be able to fit it into my windows install.

The file footprint is around 45MB. Running without and with DeepFreeze installed I am seeing about 50-100MB difference depending on what you are doing.

V0.20.1.0 released.
Fixes sound bug when radially attaching CRY-0300R's in symmetry mode.
Adding new wrapper class API (of significance only to other modders). Which TaranisElsu wanted (for supported TAC LS integration). Hopefully he will now officially update and support DeepFreeze integration (current only an unsupported dev version is available - see OP).

Bless you JPL. Bless. That soundfix is a fantastic benefit to my RemoteTech nodes' engineering crews. The beeping was forcing them to only allow one frozen crew member a ship. Bad news when that one kerbal goes floating off into oblivion on accident.

3 hours ago, Luxord52 said:

Bless you JPL. Bless. That soundfix is a fantastic benefit to my RemoteTech nodes' engineering crews. The beeping was forcing them to only allow one frozen crew member a ship. Bad news when that one kerbal goes floating off into oblivion on accident.

NP. Glad it's fixed the problem. I usually do all my testing with the volume on mute, so I never picked it up initially. Think I better change my testing policy. :sticktongue:

Edited by JPLRepo

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

DF is causing errors. Whenever I go to the tracking station after having flown a craft with a cryonic chamber, the list of craft disappears (the craft themselves don't disappear), and my log heavily suggests its DF.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. But as per OP, no log = no support. Please supply logs and I can take a look. Cheers.

Edited by JPLRepo

3 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Ah yes, sorry about that. Here you go.

Thanks... this will be very difficult to track down. Initial glance through, your log is full of so many errors from so many mods (and I noticed running under linux).
I will look at it more closely later when I have time to see if I can find anything obvious that is causing it. Otherwise I might have a request for you to help me with a debug log. Let me go through it more closely and see if I can replicate the error myself without any other mods first. If I can't then I would suggest it is some sort of mod conflict with another mod you are using. I'll get back to you.

On 10/01/2016 at 9:44 AM, JPLRepo said:

Thanks... this will be very difficult to track down. Initial glance through, your log is full of so many errors from so many mods (and I noticed running under linux).
I will look at it more closely later when I have time to see if I can find anything obvious that is causing it. Otherwise I might have a request for you to help me with a debug log. Let me go through it more closely and see if I can replicate the error myself without any other mods first. If I can't then I would suggest it is some sort of mod conflict with another mod you are using. I'll get back to you.

I've had a look through your log, and there is a lot going on. I have isolated the error that you have called out. However, It is not the root cause of your problem.
I can see in your log that you have a vessel "Dres 1" which has a freezer and frozen kerbals on-board, but when you go to the tracking station DeepFreeze cannot find the vessel in KSP memory. The root cause of why that is occurring is escaping me.
I found the following errors when you go to the tracking centre, which also indicates KSP has no memory of your vessels (this happens in your log before DeepFreeze starts having the same issues (can't find any vessels):
[EXC 15:52:43.093] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FloatingOrigin.setOffset (Vector3d refPos)
    FloatingOrigin.SetOffset (Vector3d refPos)
    PSystemSetup.SetTrackingStation ()
    PSystemSetup.OnLevelWasLoaded (Int32 level)
[EXC 15:52:44.185] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SpaceTracking.buildVesselsList ()
    SpaceTracking.Start ()
[EXC 15:52:44.187] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MapViewFiltering.CountVessels ()
    MapViewFiltering.Start ()
[EXC 15:52:46.111] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SpaceTracking.DrawGUI ()
    RenderingManager.OnGUI ()
[EXC 15:52:46.764] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects+<>c.<UpdateAsteroid>b__8_0 (.Vessel v)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Vessel].MoveNext ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects.UpdateAsteroid (Kopernicus.Configuration.Asteroids.Asteroid asteroid, Double time)
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects+<AsteroidDaemon>d__10.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects:Start()
[EXC 15:52:47.005] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.scanFromAllVessels ()
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.Update ()

It's also happening when you exit flight back to the space center:
[ERR 15:52:14.431] [SurfaceObject]: Cannot return to original parent, it no longer exists.
[EXC 15:52:14.822] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CactEye2.CactEyeAsteroidSpawner.CalculateGlobalDiscoveryRate ()
    CactEye2.CactEyeAsteroidSpawner+<DelayedStart>d__0.MoveNext ()
EXC 15:52:14.863] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects+<>c.<UpdateAsteroid>b__8_0 (.Vessel v)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Vessel].MoveNext ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects.UpdateAsteroid (Kopernicus.Configuration.Asteroids.Asteroid asteroid, Double time)
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects+<AsteroidDaemon>d__10.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    Kopernicus.DiscoverableObjects:Start()
[EXC 15:52:17.173] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.scanFromAllVessels ()
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.Update ()

I could fix the DeepFreeze errors, but the only way to do so would be to detect when this occurs and remove tracking of vessels that aren't in KSP memory. But the down side of that would be, in this example, that you would lose your frozen kerbals on "Dres 1".
The better thing to do here would be track down what is causing KSP to have no memory of your vessels.
So I started looking, I found lots of errors from PlanetShine complaining about planet colors. But this seems to be of most interest and occur a lot:
[ERR 14:38:35.500] [SurfaceObject]: Cannot return to original parent, it no longer exists.

I'm wondering if there is some issue with your Kopernicus/planets setup which is causing this issue.
I would recommend: 
Make a copy of your install and eliminate mods Kopernicus and related and run a test game to see if you still get the problems.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but I do believe there is much more evil going on here than a DeepFreeze error.

On 30.12.2015 at 2:35 AM, JPLRepo said:

Do people still want to be able to freeze/thaw tourists? Given as Snarfster said, frozen tourists are not recognized by contracts system when crossing SOIs etc when the tourist is frozen.

The answer is "definitely yes" =)

For example, i am playing with life support mod, Outer Planets and Tourism Plus contracts pack. There is type of contracts "Gas giant moons flyby", here is one of those contracts: "A very wealthy tourist would like to do a tour of the moons of Sarnus". Of course, ability to freeze/thaw crew and a tourist on board is a must-have for 7-year-long travel.

Inability of contracts system to recognize SOI change for frozen tourists is not an issue al all, actually, I believe, it's absolutely logical behavior.

P.S.

Thanks for the great mod! Small one-kerbal radial capsules from last update are just awesome.

9 hours ago, CovertJaguar said:

Major update to USI LS recently occurred which added a new habitation time mechanic. Someone should test how this interacts with DeepFreeze.

Someone should.. and I have. Works fine with USI LS 0.3.1.0 with and without habitation turned on.

ok so i don't understand what the issue is with this mod but anytime i use it and i launch a ship and revert the flight back into the hangar my game breaks so the next time i launch the ship it doesn't spawn on the platform and nothing responds. any idea whats causing it? mods are Kerbal planetary base systems and this mod, fine with just KPBS

13 minutes ago, Mzxs said:

ok so i don't understand what the issue is with this mod but anytime i use it and i launch a ship and revert the flight back into the hangar my game breaks so the next time i launch the ship it doesn't spawn on the platform and nothing responds. any idea whats causing it? mods are Kerbal planetary base systems and this mod, fine with just KPBS

Yes there appears to be a problem that I am investigating...

It occurs when you launch a ship with deepfreeze part on it and revert to the editor. The next ship you launch causes KSP to be non-responsive.

I was actually investigating this reported bug when I got the same issues as you describe.
I'm working on it (but of course I have a day job). Stay tuned.

20 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes there appears to be a problem that I am investigating...

It occurs when you launch a ship with deepfreeze part on it and revert to the editor. The next ship you launch causes KSP to be non-responsive.

I was actually investigating this reported bug when I got the same issues as you describe.
I'm working on it (but of course I have a day job). Stay tuned.

ok and thank you for the support

8 hours ago, Mzxs said:

ok and thank you for the support

Ok I'm made a DEV Patch here. (go to the link and then click "View Raw" link in the middle of the page to download the zip.
NB: This is still DEV version and I have not completed testing. If you want to try the dev version because you are having issues as reported above I'd appreciate a confirmation that the bug is fixed. This dev version contains patches for:
Fixed null ref bug when vessels are destroyed.
Fixed null ref bug when KSP vessel list cannot be accessed.
Fixed null ref/NAN bug when revert to editor (from vessel with DeepFreeze part) and launch another vessel.

When I complete testing over the weekend I will do a full release of these fixes.

Edited by JPLRepo

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Ok I'm made a DEV Patch here. (go to the link and then click "View Raw" link in the middle of the page to download the zip.
NB: This is still DEV version and I have not completed testing. If you want to try the dev version because you are having issues as reported above I'd appreciate a confirmation that the bug is fixed. This dev version contains patches for:
Fixed null ref bug when vessels are destroyed.
Fixed null ref bug when KSP vessel list cannot be accessed.
Fixed null ref/NAN bug when revert to editor (from vessel with DeepFreeze part) and launch another vessel.

When I complete testing over the weekend I will do a full release of these fixes.

Seems to be working so far. Thank you JPLRepo

V0.20.2 is out.

Fixed null ref bug when vessels are destroyed.   
Fixed null ref bug when KSP vessel list cannot be accessed.   
Fixed null ref/NAN bug when revert to editor (from vessel with DeepFreeze part) and launch another vessel.   

I just installed this mod, and am using TACLS.  I installed the 'fixed' version of TACLS to be found in the OP.  However, I still get the 'food/water being consumed upon being unfrozen' bug, still.  It does not seem to affect oxygen.  Any ideas whats wrong?

Edited by IonMage

3 hours ago, IonMage said:

I just installed this mod, and am using TACLS.  I installed the 'fixed' version of TACLS to be found in the OP.  However, I still get the 'food/water being consumed upon being unfrozen' bug, still.  It does not seem to affect oxygen.  Any ideas whats wrong?

You are absolutely correct. Can't believe no one else has picked this up... including myself. I never tested the version TaranisElsu did, I just assumed it worked.

For anyone using TACLS:
.Please go to this post (which I have updated) You need to follow the instructions in that post.

23 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

You are absolutely correct. Can't believe no one else has picked this up... including myself. I never tested the version TaranisElsu did, I just assumed it worked.

For anyone using TACLS:
.Please go to this post (which I have updated) You need to follow the instructions in that post.

Thanks for the response!  But, its still not working.  I did a full delete+reinstall of the ThunderAerospace folder, version 11.2.1, and placed your dll in the TacLifeSupport folder.  Exact same behavior as before.

Edited by IonMage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.