Has everyone forgotten about the fabled extra gas planets?

What do you think about the controversial Gas Planet Two?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the controversial Gas Planet Two?

• I want it back! Please! SQUAD! Goddamnit do something about it!
    • I don't care / don't know what Gas Planet 2 is.
    • I don't want it back! By computer would dye if I use Asteronomer's!

As NovaSilisko left the dev.-team some time around KSP 0.25,

odds for a quick addition of a second gas gaint had allready become quite bad.

Nevertheless, I was still expecting GP2 at some point in a distance future until beta was announced.

I don't know Squad's current statement on their DLC policy,

but I highly doubt Squad's ability to afford such a labour intensive project without any monetary compensation.

By the way, Nova is still present on the forums, just a few days ago he replied to one of my threads.

Maybe there is still some hope left :).

Well, NathanKell has joined the team, and he is a Plugin expert, including planets so...

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean Proc craters for more bodies? Maybe an Olympus Mons for Duna?

More importantly, is that still the plan? That was posted almost a year ago, and now the userbase has expanded considerably, and we are 1.0. If they redo planet surfaces and it breaks saves the majority of players who dont frequent here or reddit wont understand why their 1.0 no-longer-early-access save game is broken.

Well, if they'd make changes to planet altitudes, landed ships would have a reeealy tiny chance do explode into what once was the surface, and a big chance to just pop up to where the new ground is, with minor problems. (Tested with planet pack).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone remember the ol' Easter Egg hunts? Those were great!

Well, I'm working on a WIP kopernicus based plugin that will add easter egg scatters:

Farms on kerbin, abandoned space centers (very very rare), more types of trees, rare cristals on Eve, salt boulders on Laythe, snow piles on Eeloo. All of thiese have collision andnare randomly generated per save.

- - - Updated - - -

He's right. Mods are unstable. Some I installed your kopernicus mod and my computer told me crash memory dump. (Aka: blue screen of death)

Not true, Kopernicus is an amazingly stable plugin and most of the related crashes are ONLY caused by something wrong in Planet .cfg, or your ksb being an unique one that doesn't like kopernicus! For example back in 0.24 EVE wasn't working for me but after 0.25 everything worked nice. Cheers everyone! I'm looking forward to restarting this community move after 1.1 hits so be prepared to protest! (even trough its their game and I know hoe it feels when people are rushing you to make things you kind of need to dqueze from your free time).

may be it's better to 'work on/think about' some kind of this wysiwig but kerbal alike at some point (bis)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372590

typically the kind of thing that could serve KSP at is best regarding the planets system @ medium+/long term ...

(& apply in this thread as well http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132118-A-thought-on-planets)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.