[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

On 9/4/2017 at 11:50 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Other than bein slow, are there any specific errors?

Ill see if I can reduce the log spam, but I have to know what im looking for

[LOG 22:52:13.515] YT_TechTreesScenario.CleanUpRDScenario
[LOG 22:52:13.515] YT_TechTreesScenario.CleanUpRDScenario: no data found for tech exoticRadiators in the ResearchAndDevelopment Scenario
[LOG 22:52:13.516] YT_TechTreesScenario.CleanUpRDScenario
[LOG 22:52:13.516] YT_TechTreesScenario.CleanUpRDScenario: no data found for tech experimentalElectricalSystems in the ResearchAndDevelopment Scenario
[LOG 22:52:13.517] YT_TechTreesScenario.CleanUpRDScenario
[LOG 22:52:13.517] YT_TechTreesScenario.CleanUpRDScenario: no data found for tech RadialEngines in the ResearchAndDevelopment Scenario

LOG 22:52:07.524] YT_TechTreesScenario.ResetTechRequired: looking at: USI.Nuke.375
[LOG 22:52:07.525] YT_TechRequiredDatabase.GetOrigonalTechID
[LOG 22:52:07.525] YT_TechTreesScenario.ResetTechRequired: looking at: USI.Nuke.625
[LOG 22:52:07.526] YT_TechRequiredDatabase.GetOrigonalTechID
[LOG 22:52:07.526] YT_TechTreesScenario.ResetTechRequired: looking at: US.1C10.Wedge.Quadcore
[LOG 22:52:07.527] YT_TechRequiredDatabase.GetOrigonalTechID
[LOG 22:52:07.527] YT_TechTreesScenario.ResetTechRequired: looking at: US.1C15.Wedge.Hexacore
[LOG 22:52:07.528] YT_TechRequiredDatabase.GetOrigonalTechID
[LOG 22:52:07.528] YT_TechTreesScenario.ResetTechRequired: looking at: US.1C20.Wedge.Octocore
[LOG 22:52:07.529] YT_TechRequiredDatabase.GetOrigonalTechID
[LOG 22:52:07.529] YT_TechTreesScenario.ResetTechRequired: looking at: US.f.Dec.SafetyDecoupler125

[LOG 22:53:15.454] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons
[LOG 22:53:15.898] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons
[LOG 22:53:16.032] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons
[LOG 22:53:16.080] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons
[LOG 22:53:16.124] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons
[LOG 22:53:16.168] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons
[LOG 22:53:16.212] YT_RDIconLoader.LoadIcons

^having the same issue described as above. Log spam is the culprit as far as I can tell. Though there are errors within the spam. 

Here is a sample of my logs. That last bit (.LoadIcons) is repeated quickly and forever. 

59 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As far as I know, it's only being used by ETT, I haven't released it for anything else at this time

Sorry, that was ambiguous, I apologize. I meant that ETT isn't on CKAN. I can see Yonge's on CKAN (though it is listed as quite outdated). A search for Probus' name turns up only Yonge's.

Manually installing ETT is easy, so it isn't a big deal. I just thought I'd let Probus know.

1 hour ago, TheArmitage said:

Sorry, that was ambiguous, I apologize. I meant that ETT isn't on CKAN. I can see Yonge's on CKAN (though it is listed as quite outdated). A search for Probus' name turns up only Yonge's.

Manually installing ETT is easy, so it isn't a big deal. I just thought I'd let Probus know.

Oh, I see.  Probably because Yonge's is not there or outdated.

I'll get Yonge's out as a full release this evening

• 2 weeks later...

@Probus @linuxgurugamer Hey guys, I wanted to report that in KSP 1.3.0.1804, YongeTech 1.4 plugin creates a massive FPS slowdown (from 55-60 to 38-40 fps). ETT alone doesn't affect FPS, but only when YongeTech is in GameData folder too. I discovered this when I was trying to determine which addon slows down my game so much. I removed all the addons from Gamedata folder, and then added them back, one by one. Everything was fine until I put back the YongeTech into the Gamedata.

This slowdown happens everywhere - in KSC, in flight, even in VAB/SPH.

Do you know what could be the cause of this? I can provide logs or anything else that you need, just let me know.

Edited by aluc24

53 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ETT requires Yongetech.  Is it possible you have it in two places?  If you installed ETT by hand, and then installed Yongetech via CKAN, you can quite possible have two copies.

and yes, please provide logs

No, I'm 100% sure I have it in just one place. I tried re-downloading and installing many times. Here's the log after I load a save into KSC with YongeTech and my other addons:

https://ufile.io/mfo3v

Before you say it, I'm completely sure that it's the YongeTech, not some other addon that is causing the slowdown.

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see two MM dlls, please find and delete the one which is called:

GameData/ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll

And I don't see the Yongetech dll there at all.

I removed that MM dll as you said. No idea why Yonge dll didn't showing up in the log. Re-uploading the log file again. This time I'm sure it's there.

https://ufile.io/ag02h

Please let me know what you see.

13 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I removed that MM dll as you said. No idea why Yonge dll didn't showing up in the log. Re-uploading the log file again. This time I'm sure it's there.

https://ufile.io/ag02h

Please let me know what you see.

Remove the dll:

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin\YongeTech_RDIconLoader.dll

and let me know if that fixes it.  

but I think your problem is with TweakableEverything.  You have lots of errors about being unable to load ToadicusTools, 0.22.1.0, which is odd because you seem to be running TweakableEverything 0.21.0

I'll check the release this evening, but for now, try removing it and see if it works

On 10/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Remove the dll:

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin\YongeTech_RDIconLoader.dll

and let me know if that fixes it.  

but I think your problem is with TweakableEverything.  You have lots of errors about being unable to load ToadicusTools, 0.22.1.0, which is odd because you seem to be running TweakableEverything 0.21.0

I'll check the release this evening, but for now, try removing it and see if it works

Removing that dll fixed the problem. No idea why it caused the slowdown, though.

I also have no idea why there are errors regarding TweakableEverything. I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm getting an awful lot of lag spikes in VAB/SPH lately (definitely not garbage collection, GC spikes are much rarer). I tried removing TweakableEverything and ToadicusTools, but the spikes remained. So maybe it's not related. Anyway, just thought you might want to know.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Probus said:

Yes.  I updated SpaceDock so it should get to CKAN shortly.

Thank you so much!

And I am confused for long whether empty tech tree nodes can be hiden through options in ETT or the recommended Yongetech Tree Plugin ?

When I test the ETT for playability, I always leave the empty nodes in so you have to pay for them to get to the next node.  If you hide a node and are able to get the next node right away then, in my opinion, it unbalances the tree and makes the game A LOT easier to play.  I designed it to be hard.  If you think it is too hard, then hiding nodes is a good way to nerf it and make it easier. 

Is there some point at commiting into https://github.com/ProbusThrax/ETT? Last update there was a year ago and some pull requests still hang there since then... I even found my own mod (incompatible pre-0.11 version) in some hanging pull-request. Maybe you have a newer repository somewhere?

Edited by Dr. Jet

Sorry @Dr. Jet, I am really awful about using github.  I've gotten into the bad habit of updating ETT using the least amount of effort.  I don't have as much time as I used to right now.  Hopefully things will change and I can get github synced up with the releases.  Even if I have to manually add in all the pull-requests.

Fore one, I know @FreeThinker has made a bunch of changes to Interstellar since I last reviewed his parts.  That mod is why I started ETT.  Maybe I can free up some time during break and get it going again.  Thanks for the poke.  I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Probus said:

Sorry @Dr. Jet, I am really awful about using github.  I've gotten into the bad habit of updating ETT using the least amount of effort.  I don't have as much time as I used to right now.  Hopefully things will change and I can get github synced up with the releases.  Even if I have to manually add in all the pull-requests.

Fore one, I know @FreeThinker has made a bunch of changes to Interstellar since I last reviewed his parts.  That mod is why I started ETT.  Maybe I can free up some time during break and get it going again.  Thanks for the poke.  I appreciate it.

So there IS a point... Well, OK... Ignore what is hanging about ChopShop there - it has 0.10 part names. I'll try to commit new ones soon.

• 1 month later...

I usually go with SETI tech tree, but I wanted to try this one for a long time too. I just tried it after long time being on hiatus regarding KSP play and found some things that might be off. It could be that I used too hard aproach or too less mods for this tech tree. I used stock game hard settings, but with enabled quick save and reverting flight, just in case if I wake up kraken with something.

Anyhow, in my opinion HG-5 Antenna is too high in tech tree, it should be available one node earlier in "Basic Long Range Antennas" at least. Otherwise, playing with only KSC as ground station could be next to impossible. Playing game without additional ground stations is pretty much next to impossible. You need to unlock several tech nodes that is only feasible if you go in space early and you can't do that without early low tech relay antenna.

Next, SEP-MT3 Surface MAgnetometer (comes with KIS, I belive) is useless without SEP Central Station Transmission that is available only in one tech node higher. Both should be available at same time.

CX-4181 kOS CPU comes in more expencive "4 Bit Computers" node while being heavier and with less HDD capacity than CompoMax Radial Tubeless kOS CPU. It should be other way around. You still lack several other nodes for using CompoMax on very small probes very early on, it should be more inline with advanced probes capable more than just general stabilization. CX-4181 is more apropriate for early in game usage where you need to fight with much more weight, dragier parts and limited storage space for advanced scripts.
Still can be usefull early on to establish first primitive communication network if HG-5 antenna is also available earlier. Later on, that part becomes quickly obsolete.

B9 Procedural Wings/control surfaces. It make no sense to have in separate nodes control surfaces and main wing element. If it is consideration science cost of those parts for being unlocked, more apropriate node is "Aerospace Composites". Cost to unlock both is just slightly higher, but without need to unlock other nodes that would give parts you never need to use.

B9 Aerospace mod also have Mk1 parts that are all over the different places, for examople MK1b Fuselage (2m) comes along with MK2 parts. Still need to go deeper in game to suggest what nodes would be more apropriate for B9 parts. Those parts have big advantage ove stock parts for being able to switch resources, meshes, textures quickly, without re-ataching parts on craft, but should not be way too far in tech tree compared to similar stock parts.

I hope that I will be able to play KSP more to get much better impression and also being able to give bettter opinion on other stuff. Hope that you don't mind some criticism on ETT and give yourself time when comes to moding.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.