[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

11 hours ago, secondcircle said:

Does this work with the Universal Storage Mod?

I'm cant find the struts to mount the science parts but not the science parts themselves.

Yes it does @secondcircle.  The list of supported mods is on the first page.  The struts to mount the parts are in the upper right mechanical part of the tree.

2 minutes ago, Probus said:

Yes it does @secondcircle.  The list of supported mods is on the first page.  The struts to mount the parts are in the upper right mechanical part of the tree.

No.  That's all @Amilianus.  I would recommend at least a science mod and a parts pack to help unlock and fill out the tree.

35 minutes ago, lrd.Helmet said:

It might already be asked, in which case my bad.

If a mod is not in the OP does that mean that it won't show up at all? Or will it just not be balanced? Because I would love to use the taerobee pack in a airplane started career.

The mod will show up, it may be out of order though.  I have recently put taerobee in the tree, but it may not be in the current release.

I have tried to install this on 1.1 with only ModuleManager.2.6.18 and it isn't working, I have also tried KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.7.2 and CommunityTechTree2_3_0. Even without EET, only Interstellar Extended parts that use the default nodes show up.

Found that there is newer version of MM that fixes issue

ModuleManager-2.6.21.zip

Edited by Umbra TuSlayer
Resolved

Hello, I cannot load this tree in 1.1, It gives me no option to choose, I installed with ckan and have module manager 2.6.18, I also manually changed the techtree URL in my save and it still didnt work, I have tried with multiple new career games

After much reload I found out that this mod conflict with the Action Everywhere mod in 1.1 on windows 10. 64 bit version.

Both mod installed with CKAN on a clean install will result in 0 part being loaded.. I go in the tech tree and the tree is there but there no part in the nodes.

When you go in the hangar there is 0 part available in the part selector on the left.

1 hour ago, devilwarriors said:

After much reload I found out that this mod conflict with the Action Everywhere mod in 1.1 on windows 10. 64 bit version.

Both mod installed with CKAN on a clean install will result in 0 part being loaded.. I go in the tech tree and the tree is there but there no part in the nodes.

When you go in the hangar there is 0 part available in the part selector on the left.

12 hours ago, Deewad said:

Hello, I cannot load this tree in 1.1, It gives me no option to choose, I installed with ckan and have module manager 2.6.18, I also manually changed the techtree URL in my save and it still didnt work, I have tried with multiple new career games

On 3/31/2016 at 10:55 PM, Amilianus said:

Is there something else I need besides the Module manager to get this to work?

I think the latest version of Module Manager is 2.6.21.  Can you guys try that?  I know we are finding a lot of mods that are incompatible with each other.  

Since things have changed so drastically with KSP, please keep up the feedback.  Thanks! 

Thanks for this tree, looks amazing and I'll be trying it on my next career game :). Looking in the config file it looks like you have the info for the MKS mod, but is not on the list of supported mods, am I reading this incorrectly or did  you miss adding it?

16 hours ago, Noobton said:

Thanks for this tree, looks amazing and I'll be trying it on my next career game :). Looking in the config file it looks like you have the info for the MKS mod, but is not on the list of supported mods, am I reading this incorrectly or did  you miss adding it?

Yes.  MKS/OKS is in there, it just hasn't been updated to the latest configurations.

On 4/15/2016 at 1:20 AM, corbett said:

compatible with kerbals age of pioneers?

Never even heard of age of Pioneers, so no it is not directly supported.  Looks cool though.

1 hour ago, ebigunso said:

Gosh you've got the Deadly Reentry heatshields all messed up :S

Seems you are working on a overhaul for the tree so I'll just go and fix this for myself now. I hope we see the overhauled version soon enough :)

Ack! It used to be perfect dang it.

Yes I am working on a large overhaul for the tree using Yonge's tech tree modifier.  I have had it recompiled for 1.1 and it is working flawlessly so far.  I will release it when 1.1 comes out of pre-release. If for some reason Yonge's doesn't work out, I will parse the files back to the original module manager configuration.  This will clean things up quite a bit too.

Also will be releasing the Historical Tech Tree shortly thereafter.  Here is a sneak peak:

Edited by Probus

Love the tech tree its just what I wanted for my mainly planes career. 

I was wondering if you plan to create a config for the MK2 Expantion? or if that would be more the MK2 Expantion authors job? or mabye mine, i would be happy to create a cfg if it were to be added to Ether pack.

Thanks again for the mod awesome job.

Edited by joebopie

9 hours ago, joebopie said:

Love the tech tree its just what I wanted for my mainly planes career. 

I was wondering if you plan to create a config for the MK2 Expantion? or if that would be more the MK2 Expantion authors job? or mabye mine, i would be happy to create a cfg if it were to be added to Ether pack.

Thanks again for the mod awesome job.

Thanks @joebopie, Normally I would say YES, please create a config!  But right now is a bad time as I am changing cfg formats.  As soon as 1.1 is out of pre-release, we can chat.

On 4/9/2016 at 7:52 AM, Probus said:

Yes.  MKS/OKS is in there, it just hasn't been updated to the latest configurations.

If you need a hand let me know - there's a specific parts progression I like to keep for balance reasons :)

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, Probus said:

Thanks @joebopie, Normally I would say YES, please create a config!  But right now is a bad time as I am changing cfg formats.  As soon as 1.1 is out of pre-release, we can chat.

Kool, sounds like a plan, im happy to make sure it fits well with other mods aswell

First of all l like say this tech tree is really fun to play, I like the fact you can choose your own path. And thinks for all the work you put into the mod. I was wandering if you ever thought about adding ocean exploration branch to tech tree? I think it would add even more "depth" to an all ready great mod. Thanks again!

I really like the goal of this mod, and the far more choice driven career it provides. The one thing I wish was different is the techs you unlock in the initial "Aviation" node in a mostly stock career. You don't get access to any cockpits or jet-engines until a later node, so I guess I don't understand why there's a point to unlocking a Mk0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage when you have no purpose for it until the following node, when you will get the Juno and Small Circular Intake. Do we need to have a stepping stone in between which provides parts you can't use yet?

Again, I am a fan of your mod, which is why I bring this up at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.