[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

This will be my first time using ETT, and I'm excited to see what it has to offer!

Personally, I'm quite familiar with how inconsiderate real life can be to one's mod updating priorities. But, I've been fairly fortunate in that any breaking changes resulting from a KSP update were relatively minor. The fact that a minor Point release broke this is really surprising. Tisk tisk Squad.

Here is the Engineering Tech Tree for 1.1.2 for those of you waiting:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31tbac1fo9952s8/ETT.zip?dl=0

We have added the following mods:

• Stock Extension by Lack
  • Rocket Factory by LeBeau Space Industries
  • Rovers and Roadsters by AlphaAsh
  • The Kerbonov Pack by Sam Hall
  • Mk2 Expansions by SuicidalInsanity - Soon(tm)
  • Mk3 Expansions by SuicidalInsanity - Soon(tm)
  • MKS/OKS by RoverDude
  • MOLE - Mark One Laboratory Extensions by Wild Blue
  • HabTech by Benjee10
  • Monkey Business, Inc Parts by Blacksky33
  • Karibou Rover by RoverDude
  • Deep Freeze Continued by Jplrepo
  • Kerbal Planetary Base System by Nils277

Thanks Artfact & Bahamut for all your help!

Official release tomorrow (as I ran out of time today).  Enjoy!

After this release, I am going to put all the new work on GitHub for others to contribute/peruse.

EDIT: BTW, KAX and Firespitter will need to be updated to fit the new aviation branch.

Edited by Probus

Woohoo! Great timing... I was seconds away from launching KSP for a new career (and my launch process takes about 8 minutes, so it's quite a commitment, lol). I look forward to trying this out!!

Edited by NavyFish

9 hours ago, NavyFish said:

Woohoo! Great timing... I was seconds away from launching KSP for a new career (and my launch process takes about 8 minutes, so it's quite a commitment, lol). I look forward to trying this out!!

~25 min here for a full part load :P just to see where it all falls within the ETT to plan accordingly now that the new update is out

9 hours ago, NavyFish said:

50 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

~25 min here for a full part load :P just to see where it all falls within the ETT to plan accordingly now that the new update is out

You guys need to get SSDs!!!

On  an unrelated note:

Anyone up to reintegrating KAX or Firespitter let me know.

Yes, it's here!:D What a heap of new stuff.
Mk2 and 3 expansions aren't in yet, I'll try to put them into the tree in the next few days.

As for the next aviation additions, these are my plans, if others want to take up on any of the mods, give a shout out.:)

My roadmap:
-Continue work on Insanity's Mk2/mk3 expansion and add K.Yeon's mini Mk3 Expansion to the mix.(needs implementation, categorization done)
-KAX.(not yet started)
-Rearange Firespitters parts to the new scheme, which should be quicker as they're already in there.(already in EET, needs more dispersing)
-Hooligan Labs' airships (maybe with new Inflatables tech line?)

-MkIV (not yet started)

Edited by Artfact

The ETT.cfg seems to be much shorter than before. Do I still need to keep an older form of that and add the latest release to that?

Just noticed: This tree isn't working with Community Tech Tree installed anymore. ETT does not overwrite CTT. 

1 hour ago, New Horizons said:

The ETT.cfg seems to be much shorter than before. Do I still need to keep an older form of that and add the latest release to that?

Just noticed: This tree isn't working with Community Tech Tree installed anymore. ETT does not overwrite CTT. 

@New Horizons Yes it is a lot more compact.

Community Tech Tree is embedded in ETT now.  You don't need to have it installed.

Now I know where my problem came from. It seems to be important to start a new save - only then you get that selection menu for choosing this tree here. It although works, wenn CTT still is installed. 

Now I am trying to use my old adjustments to the tree in a the old form:

@PART[probeCoreCube]:NEEDS[zETT]:FINAL
{
    @TechRequired = KETT_6801//unmannedTech
}

I don't want to write in the the ETT.cfg. I want to keep these in an extra file. This is not working so far.

Delighted to see the new version.  I'll try it soon.

I might be interested in helping develop .cfg files for other parts mods, in particular Raidernick's US and Soviet probes.  But his mods still haven't been updated to 1.1.2, and (more to the point) I don't fully understand the syntax for the .cfg files I see in this latest version.  And maybe separate .cfg files are unnecessary?  I dunno.

1 hour ago, Probus said:

Just released for 1.1.2

Enjoy!

Fantastic, great job!

Is it savegame-compatible with the old version? When I tried one of the dev versions with my current game, I saw that lots of parts were either locked or just didn't appear in the VAB.

16 minutes ago, garwel said:

Fantastic, great job!

Is it savegame-compatible with the old version? When I tried one of the dev versions with my current game, I saw that lots of parts were either locked or just didn't appear in the VAB.

Not very save game compatible. When I upgraded my saved game, I had to use alt-F12 to update some of the unlocks. Some of the nodes changed to more dev friendly names. If your save game was heavily into aircraft the you're hosed. 

49 minutes ago, Noobton said:

yeah, CKAN is not installing Yonge's mod.

That's odd...  I wonder why.  Its in the zip file.  

I wonder if I have to tell it to install multiple directories or if I need to upload yonge's tree mod separately?

Edited by Probus

1 hour ago, Gaiiden said:

How does that work for any future CTT updates? Will we then have to wait for an ETT update?

If CTT adds any new nodes, I will add them.  Since ETT redistributes the parts it won't affect any parts in ETT already.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.