@RDNode:HAS[#id[basicScience]]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            @part = RP0probeSounding0-3m
        }
    }	

}

I'm also noticing that Module Manager config files don't work with this mod... does the above example work? Mine doesn't:

@TechTree:FOR[zzHETTN]
{	
	@RDNode,*
	{
		@hideEmpty = True
	}
}

Edit:

Whoops, forgot to delete the key first. But it still doesn't work.

@TechTree:HAS[#id[TEDGeneratedTree]]:FINAL
{
	@RDNode,*
	{
		!hideEmpty = dummy
		// !hideEmpty = False
	}

@RDNode,*
	{
		@hideEmpty = True
	}
}

Edit 2:

@New Horizons This is on the Yonge Tech Tree forum page:

Known Issues

This mod tracks parts by their name field. This means it does not work properly when multiple parts have the same name.

Both this mod and ModuleManager (on version 2.6.5 as of this writing) attempt to edit the tech tree of the current game. This mod's changes should have priority.

If you would like to disable the option to select a tech tree and the conflict with ModuleManager change the "allowTreeSelection" field in PluginData/YongeTech_TechTreesExpansion/config.xml from '1' to '0'. This will keep support for the TechTree ConfigNode additions and custom icon support, but remove the option to select a tech tree

Edited by ev0
Update for MM problems

Hey, @Probus, just wanted to ask two questions, if I may:

1. Is there a way to hide empty tech tree nodes with your mod? There is this mod by ev0, but that guy has a hard time keeping up with all these ETT updates.

2. Is your mod compatible with Kerbalism?

Thank you in advance! 

@aluc24hmm, yes, Kerbalism would be awesome. 

I haven't had much time to play around with it so don't know the minute balance of the parts added. But I can have look tomorrow as I was planning to put some time in for PTO anyway. 
Any parts that appear to be inappropriately placed can always be changed later on; basic Kerbalism compatibility should be easy.:)

Did a major avionics rework by the way: Firespitter, Hooligan Labs Airships and Insanity's Mk2/3 (amongst others) have been added and all have been progressionally balanced between them. 

Edited by Artfact

7 hours ago, Andrew_C said:

I've just noticed that the latest tagged release on GitHub is v20160205 while the version on CKAN is 20160515. Would it be posible to tag another release?

I've updated GitHub to the May version number.

Edited by Probus

On 5/15/2016 at 6:42 AM, Artfact said:

Rearange Firespitters parts to the new scheme, which should be quicker as they're already in there.(already in EET, needs more dispersing)

Awesome I was waiting for this, is this included on the last release or do I have to download anything additional?

5 hours ago, Noobton said:

Awesome I was waiting for this, is this included on the last release or do I have to download anything additional?

You can dowload the development version.  We are tweaking it every day.

https://github.com/ProbusThrax/ETT

If anyone would like to contribute, just let me know.  Its pretty easy now.

Edited by Probus

Hi,

I wanted to share my setup of parts unlocks for kOS. The way I arranged them is:

- kOSMachine1m unlocks at unmannedTech (Unmanned Tech);

- KR-2042 unlocks at electronics (4 Bit Computers);

- kOSMachineRad unlocks at mechatronics (8 Bit Computers);

- KAL9000 unlocks at automation (16 Bit Computers) - this is already the default setting, no change necessary

I also removed kOSMachine0m unlock as that seems deprecated.

Besides, I noticed that OX-STAT-XL Panels are unlocked both at Advanced Electrics and Advanced Photo-Voltanic Materials.

Just pushed a new release to GitHub:

https://github.com/ProbusThrax/ETT/releases/tag/v20160521

It includes:

Near Future Construction 
Kerbal Atomics 
CryoTanks 
OPT 
Firespitter Patch
KAX Patch 
SXT Patch 
Insanity's mk2/mk3 expansion pack 
Mk3 mini expansion 
Hoolgun lab's Airship parts 
Aviation Cockpits 
Kerbalism 

On 5/19/2016 at 2:38 PM, aluc24 said:

Hey, @Probus, just wanted to ask two questions, if I may:

1. Is there a way to hide empty tech tree nodes with your mod? There is this mod by ev0, but that guy has a hard time keeping up with all these ETT updates.

2. Is your mod compatible with Kerbalism?

Thank you in advance! 

1.  I wish there were @aluc24.  Right now I just hide the end node if it is empty.  There are some mods out there that will do that, but I don't remember what the names of them are.

2. It is as of today. :) 

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback on the aviation part placement. I'm sure they need some tweaking here and there!
The inter-part balance comes in second; if any parts are more advanced than those in the same node but are still in the right place, their price will have to be higher than the inferior parts.

Give a holler when you start a game with the aviation techline.:)

Edited by Artfact

16 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Hi,

do many guys of you use Real Fuels (at least stock alike)?

I do personally, well I will when I FINALLY (very soon) start my 1.1.2 career.

No idea if this will hold true for anyone else, but maybe you can extrapolate that people using ETT may be therefore aiming for a more realistic playthrough, and so might be more likely to use at least the Stockalike Real Fuels mod as well.

23 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Hi,

do many guys of you use Real Fuels (at least stock alike)?

That would be a pretty big mod to the tree. Are you volunteering :)?

6 hours ago, RocketRyleigh said:

I do personally, well I will when I FINALLY (very soon) start my 1.1.2 career.

No idea if this will hold true for anyone else, but maybe you can extrapolate that people using ETT may be therefore aiming for a more realistic playthrough, and so might be more likely to use at least the Stockalike Real Fuels mod as well.

Would you like to implement Real Fuels with ETT? :) 

Edited by Probus

1 hour ago, Noobton said:

On a clean install, on a new tree with 2:v20160521, I'm getting the advanced fluid displacement floating by itself with no prereq lines or connections

This has been fixed in the latest dev version.:)

A couple more small bugs in parts placement:

• RemoteTech's Reflectron SS-5 with a range of 90 Mm is available at Basic Long Range Antennas. It doesn't fit the description of the node, saying "up to 15 Mm range". It is a legacy part and perhaps should not be unlocked at all.
  • DMagic Orbital Science's Univ. Storage Atmospheric Sensor is available at General Construction, much sooner than the Atmospheric Sensor per se.
Edited by garwel

1 hour ago, garwel said:

A couple more small bugs in parts placement:

• RemoteTech's Reflectron SS-5 with a range of 90 Mm is available at Basic Long Range Antennas. It doesn't fit the description of the node, saying "up to 15 Mm range". It is a legacy part and perhaps should not be unlocked at all.
  • DMagic Orbital Science's Univ. Storage Atmospheric Sensor is available at General Construction, much sooner than the Atmospheric Sensor per se.

Thanks @garwel.  I have not scrubbed RemoteTech yet.  Just did Antenna Range yesterday for the "Antennas" mod.  Will get to RT soon(tm).

Talk about  Universal Storage.  Is there a good way to stop those from loading if US is not installed?

41 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

the Github download link in the OP points to an old release

That's a released version.  Drill down to the actual cfg file for the dev copy.

Whichever - all I'm saying is that the latest release (whether you want that to be the dev release or not is up to you) is not linked properly in the OP. It's not an issue for me since I know how to find the latest release (dev or otherwise). Just reporting it to be fixed

Hey! 

Must wondering if you and everyone who's awesomely working in this has a roadmap anywhere?

this is a cornerstone of any of my career saves and I want to wait until some of my more important career mods are fully integrated. 

Remotetech

KW rocketry

USI LS

surface experiments 

any ny update as to their priority for integration into the tech tree?

thanks again and love the Mod 

1 minute ago, Gaiiden said:

Whichever - all I'm saying is that the latest release (whether you want that to be the dev release or not is up to you) is not linked properly in the OP. It's not an issue for me since I know how to find the latest release (dev or otherwise). Just reporting it to be fixed

Ah. Gotcha.

Just now, mtpatane said:

Hey! 

Must wondering if you and everyone who's awesomely working in this has a roadmap anywhere?

this is a cornerstone of any of my career saves and I want to wait until some of my more important career mods are fully integrated. 

Remotetech

KW rocketry

USI LS

surface experiments 

any ny update as to their priority for integration into the tech tree?

thanks again and love the Mod 

No road map really @mtpatane. We just update the mod as we have time.  RT and KW rocketry are close to being done.  The other 2 will need some work but I can float them to the top of the list and see if I can get them out on the next release this weekend.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.