[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

With the new version today stock parts are appearing in all the wrong nodes.

ModuleManager.TechTree looks correct and this occurs even in a clean re-install with only ETT and ModuleManager and a new save-game. My best guess is that the individual parts cfg files are overriding the ETT configuration because something is wasn't in ETT wasn't installed correctly.\

Any advice on how to fix this?

So I have an absolutely insane tree (whether loading an older game, or starting a new savegame), and I can't tell what's conflicting, or if it really just is that busy.  I grant there are a lot more nodes, but it looks like a lot of nodes are connected to a lot more nodes, so it can't lay out in a way that doesn't include massive overlaying of dependency lines. 

hhBnpop.png

Edited by subitan

4 hours ago, subitan said:

So I have an absolutely insane tree (whether loading an older game, or starting a new savegame), and I can't tell what's conflicting, or if it really just is that busy.  I grant there are a lot more nodes, but it looks like a lot of nodes are connected to a lot more nodes, so it can't lay out in a way that doesn't include massive overlaying of dependency lines. 

CKan doesn't install the files properly for whatever reason.

Edited by Yesat

I had a spiderweb like that earlier on when I had CCT and ETT installed at the same time.

The Insanity's Mk2/3 parts integration I am working on has grown into a pretty big update of the aviation line to make the parts play together.
It'll include a technode balance for SXT, Insanity's Mk2/3 expansion, Miniature Mk3 expansion, KAX and I'm hoping to get Firespitter in there as well! :)

9 hours ago, Probus said:

If CTT adds any new nodes, I will add them.  Since ETT redistributes the parts it won't affect any parts in ETT already.

Oh, yea I realize now I was still thinking ETT was dependent on CTT. Derp 

Can anyone help me pleaese with adding new parts, which aren't in it now?

I want to avoid writing in "EngTechTree.cfg"

Before Younges Tree one easily could do this:

@PART[launchClamp1]:FINAL
{
    @TechRequired = start
}

or even for new parts

@PART[lNEW_PART]:FINAL
{
    @TechRequired = start
}

This would make handling individual trees much easier. 

Even if the new tree file is much shorter (about 1/2), it brings the compare plugin (e.g. comparing 2 releases) of notepad++ to its limits. You just cannot see differences, when there are thousends of lines. 

So imagine, one incooperates own changes in one release and wants to do it with the next one aswell. An easy way would be comparing both files line per line with notepad++ automatically. This highlights all changes and your own changes, too, which makes it easy to put them into the newly released file.

On 5/16/2016 at 8:21 AM, New Horizons said:

Even if the new tree file is much shorter (about 1/2), it brings the compare plugin (e.g. comparing 2 releases) of notepad++ to its limits. You just cannot see differences, when there are thousends of lines. 

So imagine, one incooperates own changes in one release and wants to do it with the next one aswell. An easy way would be comparing both files line per line with notepad++ automatically. This highlights all changes and your own changes, too, which makes it easy to put them into the newly released file.

Totally different approach to MM files now @New Horizons.  You are no longer patching the part, you are patching the tree.  What you are patching is structured like this:

TechTree
{
    id = TEDGeneratedTree
    RDNode
    {
        id = exoticFuelStorage
        Unlocks
        {
            part = FNAntimatterBottle
	}
	}
}

Therefore your patch should be more like this:

Instead of this:
@PART[launchClamp1]:FINAL
{
    @TechRequired = start
}

Use this style:
@TechTree:HAS[#id[TEDGeneratedTree]]
{
    @RDNode:HAS[#id[start]]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            @part = launchClamp1
        }
    }
}

You will probably have to subtract it out of the TechTree if already defined as it would create 2 entries which may confuse Yonge's.

Let me know what you find out.

Edited by Probus
Fixed MM code.

5 hours ago, Artfact said:

I had a spiderweb like that earlier on when I had CCT and ETT installed at the same time.

Yeah - it didnt' really matter whether I had CTT installed or not. (I presume you meant Community Tech Tree, as I have no clue what CCT is).  It also happens new or old save game.  I'll try manually installing and see. 

As far as I can tell, this is not working, whatever I try.

@TechTree[TEDGeneratedTree]:FINAL
{

@RDNode[start]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            !part = SR_Payload_03
        }
    }

@RDNode[basicScience]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            @part = SR_Payload_03
        }
    }

@RDNode[basicScience]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            @part = RP0probeSounding0-3m
        }
    }	

}

2 hours ago, subitan said:

Yeah - it didnt' really matter whether I had CTT installed or not. (I presume you meant Community Tech Tree, as I have no clue what CCT is).  It also happens new or old save game.  I'll try manually installing and see. 

Ok - so manually installing it seemed to work, given a new savegame.  No way to make a sane (non-spidery) previous save, but the game does work - I just have to unlock a whole bunch of other nodes. Trying to decide if my progress is worth the mess. :)

It'd be great to figure out what's going wrong w.r.t. ckan, as I manage a lot of mods with that, but it's not a deal-breaker.  The new tree looks great!  Thanks!

26 minutes ago, subitan said:

Ok - so manually installing it seemed to work, given a new savegame.  No way to make a sane (non-spidery) previous save, but the game does work - I just have to unlock a whole bunch of other nodes. Trying to decide if my progress is worth the mess. :)

It'd be great to figure out what's going wrong w.r.t. ckan, as I manage a lot of mods with that, but it's not a deal-breaker.  The new tree looks great!  Thanks!

Got CKAN problem fixed.  Should show up in CKAN later today.

18 hours ago, subitan said:

hhBnpop.png

@subitan What's the problem?  That's the way its supposed to look.  I said it was scary. :) 

But seriously, If I could put all the dependencies in there I'd like, it would probably look something like that.

@Probus Thanks for awesome tech tree and all your hard work, I have found typo in advanced landing title. Just thought i would share. Thanks again         

id = advancedLandingGear
        nodepart = advancedLandingGear
        title = Advaned Landing Gear

If I wanted to make a bunch of part placement changes, is that a thing I could do with a Module Manager patch, or do I need to edit the EngTechTree.cfg itself? Or, is there another method that I'm not seeing? I was hoping to do a balance/progression pass to smooth things out for my next heavily-modded career game, and I wanted to put that together in a way that doesn't step on any toes.

2 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

@Probus Thanks for awesome tech tree and all your hard work, I have found typo in advanced landing title. Just thought i would share. Thanks again         

id = advancedLandingGear
        nodepart = advancedLandingGear
        title = Advaned Landing Gear

Thanks @Rocket88!

looks great probus,

Thank you, great work !  - just download your ETT package.

i just released a new ksp 1.1.2 compatible version of - Rocket Factory -  

besides the unity 5 bug fixes has fundamentally nothing changed 

- except that I have in some parts increases the joint strength  :  (incerase : breaking force  &  breaking torque )

but do not think that this is essential for a TechTree ?

cheers !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

On 5/16/2016 at 0:12 PM, New Horizons said:

As far as I can tell, this is not working, whatever I try.

Try this @New Horizons:

@TechTree:HAS[#id[TEDGeneratedTree]]:FINAL
{

@RDNode:HAS[#id[start]]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            !part = SR_Payload_03
        }
    }

@RDNode:HAS[#id[basicScience]]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            @part = SR_Payload_03
        }
    }

@RDNode:HAS[#id[basicScience]]
    {
        @Unlocks
        {
            @part = RP0probeSounding0-3m
        }
    }	

}

On 5/16/2016 at 4:36 PM, Probus said:

@subitan What's the problem?  That's the way its supposed to look.  I said it was scary. :) 

But seriously, If I could put all the dependencies in there I'd like, it would probably look something like that.

Hahahahah.  Yeah. I hear you.  I imagine having LOTS of links and dependencies, but hopefully laid out more carefully than the travesty I posted. :)

Hi, letting you know that DMagic has updated his Orbital Science and changed some parts:

• Added new versions of SIGINT dish

• The standard version is now 1.25m
    • A new version is added that fits on the top of a rocket and acts as a nose cone
    • The existing part is still included, but cannot be researched or purchased
    • All parts use the same experiment
    • The smaller dish can only collect 50% of the total science
  • Combined the two reconnaissance telescope experiments

• Both parts use the same experiment
    • The small telescope can only gather 50% of the total science; through either transmission or recovery
    • The large telescope can gather 100% of the total science through recovering the data

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.