[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

Awesome, thanks! I'll test if it works and get to the patching tomorrow.

Watching The Right Stuff now in anticipation of my new Ksp career.;)

Edit:
Right; the aviation nodes did not come up. But strangely enough some of the patches parts were in their newly appointed nodes(previously none). Might be something to do with YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin which I had previously deleted, thinking it wasn't essential to the mod's working. I did, however, not get the choice for which tech tree I wanted to use(at which point I presume to have to take the AviationEngTechTree). Will do some more tests on why/how tomorrow morning.

Edited by Artfact

5 hours ago, Artfact said:

Right; the aviation nodes did not come up. But strangely enough some of the patches parts were in their newly appointed nodes(previously none). Might be something to do with YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin which I had previously deleted, thinking it wasn't essential to the mod's working. I did, however, not get the choice for which tech tree I wanted to use(at which point I presume to have to take the AviationEngTechTree). Will do some more tests on why/how tomorrow morning.

I have heard that 1.1.2 has broken some dll files.  YongeTech may be one of them.  I have been integrating on 1.0.5 and 1.1 so I may not have seen it.  I will try it out on 1.1.2 and see if it does the same for me.

IMPORTANT

I didn't mention this, but the module manager config files do not have to work with your install.  If I can get them to work with my install, I will pull them into the tech tree and let YongeTech handle it from there.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, Artfact said:

True, of course, although it would help get some visual indication of how things line up.:)

indeed, until I can see how things all work together in game, I'm most likely not going to bother to create any configs.

On 4/26/2016 at 7:45 PM, joebopie said:

if i remember correctly it doesn't work "with it" CTT is just needed for some mods so ETT overwrites CTT if its installed.

Is this true?

I've been running ETT without CCT installed & a lot of part packs.

Should I install CCT so that the parts from like KW, NFT, KIS, etc are in the right spot in ETT?

Thanks for the help!

52 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Is this true?

I've been running ETT without CCT installed & a lot of part packs.

Should I install CCT so that the parts from like KW, NFT, KIS, etc are in the right spot in ETT?

Thanks for the help!

As far as I understand it, and what's meant by the response you quoted, is that some mods require CTT to be installed, but ETT will take priority if it's installed.
So maybe some of those parts packs need CTT to be installed, but once you install ETT that will be the tech tree you're using.

ETT is a complete tech tree, so any nodes/parts that are missing are just not included at this time, and wouldn't be filled in by any other mod like CTT.

5 hours ago, Glorious Koviet Agency said:

It's seems weird but,I installed ETT and ModuleManager,But I still get the stock tech tree,And yes I made a career mod after I installed those,I remember installing ETT and modulemanager and it worked in 1.0.5

Yep, you are correct.  It turns out ETT only works in 1.0.5, 1.1 and 1.1.1.  1.1.2 broke Yonge and I need to recompile the Yonge Tech tree plugin for 1.1.2 (as soon  as I figure out how :) to do it properly).  I will update the thread to exclude 1.1.2 until I get it fixed.

Love your forum name!

3 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Sorry if it's already been asked, but any plans to make compatible with UKS? I see USI LS on the list but not UKS.

Probus is still re-doing the habitation side of the tech tree, at which point it will be possible to make a MM file for UKS/Karibou/HabTech in the same way that you see people doing for the aerospace parts, above.

I have recompiled the Yonge Tech Tree mod for 1.1.2 and updated the aviation branch layout:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8t2fww5fvry8joj/AACbwI25xnLHx_HsC7tytVJ-a?dl=0

Its not finished by any means and is for modders who want to help update the aviation branch in 1.1.2 and for those who want to get a sneak peek.

18 hours ago, Probus said:

I have recompiled the Yonge Tech Tree mod for 1.1.2 and updated the aviation branch layout:

Its not finished by any means and is for modders who want to help update the aviation branch in 1.1.2 and for those who want to get a sneak peek.

I dont think that link correct because it goes it a KSP installation folder on your dropbox, also the aviation lines are the same as they were before if I grab the ETT config from that folder.

3 hours ago, joebopie said:

I dont think that link correct because it goes it a KSP installation folder on your dropbox, also the aviation lines are the same as they were before if I grab the ETT config from that folder.

How in the world did I do that?  Let me fix it.

OK its fixed. This is still the link to it:

Edited by Probus

I am ready for my next release this weekend.  Any word from you aviation nuts about some part placement in the new aviation branch?  I will handle stock, but I'm counting on youze guyz (you know who you are) :) for the low down on the flight side.  Even a spreadsheet will do.

Good to hear about the release!:D
Haven't had much time to work on the patches this week, and haven't started on the SXT aviation parts. I'll try to get something together tomorrow, but the weather is awfully nice outside.;)

The rover/truck parts of both Rovers and Roadsters and SXT have been adressed so that is at least something. I could send you what I have until I get to do more if that's of any use.

Looking forward to the new release.  Still my favorite tech tree.  I'm going to try it with Kerbalism as soon as the 1.1.2-compatible version is out.  Thanks once more, Probus, for all your great work on this tree.

On 5/7/2016 at 4:55 AM, Probus said:

I am ready for my next release this weekend.  Any word from you aviation nuts about some part placement in the new aviation branch?  I will handle stock, but I'm counting on youze guyz (you know who you are) :) for the low down on the flight side.  Even a spreadsheet will do.

KAX's Kuey Tail Rotor should be one of the first propellers available - in that when tweakscaled, they make perfect Wright-Flyer type propellers. The KAX Kuey Rotor itself though should remain in helicopters.  Aside from that, I think the flight branch works fine. Gameplay will determine tweaked placement in the future.

That's an interesting idea.:) Maybe it would be nice as the starter prop. 
While I love KAX to bits I'm first focusing on making mm patches for SXT and Insanity's Mk2 and Mk3 Expansion packs.
I invite anyone to join in of course!
But there will be need of some tweaking along the way indeed. 

I tested that version, and while the tech tree loads, it's quite messed up (many items in the wrong nodes and with wrong research costs). I've been waiting for the 1.1.2-compatible release for a few days now, ETT is great :)

On 2016-05-05 at 6:30 PM, Probus said:

How in the world did I do that?  Let me fix it.

OK its fixed. This is still the link to it:

For anyone's reference who is unsure, this would be the latest posted link to the dev version, but Probus previously stated about this particular pre-release;

"Its not finished by any means and is for modders who want to help update the aviation branch in 1.1.2 and for those who want to get a sneak peek."

Probus is likely either preoccupied this week with that pesky real life thing, or still finishing the latest adjustments to ETT (primarily aviation and UKS as far as what's posted about here). Never fear, ETT isn't going to be losing steam or support any time soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.