[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

I'm using ETT without problems, except one thing. The RC-L01 (largest probe core) has disappeared. I've tried unlocking everything through the cheat menu to no avail, is there a way to fix this, like edit a node to include the core?

3 hours ago, Black-Two- said:

I'm using ETT without problems, except one thing. The RC-L01 (largest probe core) has disappeared. I've tried unlocking everything through the cheat menu to no avail, is there a way to fix this, like edit a node to include the core?

Uhm.. Look at "Probes 3" node (the last one in Probes line, just below Computers line).

Anyway, you can try also

• uncheck Hide unpurchased parts checkbox in Difficulty settings / Editor settings (ingame)
  • check file \GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\probeStackLarge\probeStackLarge.cfg for corruption
  • exit KSP, delete cache files: (in game folder) PartDatabase.cfg and (in \GameData folder) ModuleManager.ConfigCacheModuleManager.ConfigSHAModuleManager.TechTree. Restart KSP

Hope this helps.

Edited by Dep

39 minutes ago, Dep said:

Anyway, you can try also

• uncheck Hide unpurchased parts checkbox in Difficulty settings / Editor settings (ingame)
  • check file \GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\probeStackLarge\probeStackLarge.cfg for corruption
  • exit KSP, delete cache files: (in game folder) PartDatabase.cfg and (in \GameData folder) ModuleManager.ConfigCacheModuleManager.ConfigSHAModuleManager.TechTree. Restart KSP

Hope this helps.

I tried it, no luck. It's just in one (career) save though, in sandbox it shows up just fine.

Mods overlapping? Remove any other tech tree mods (like CTT).

Also, try search file \GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree for string "probeStackLarge" (must be 1 found) and look up for RDNode followed title = NameOfNodeWithMyDamnCore

12 minutes ago, Black-Two- said:

I tried it, no luck. It's just in one (career) save though, in sandbox it shows up just fine.

BTW, in /saves/_savename_/_mysave_.sfs check string "TechTreeUrl =" (value must be "GameData/ETT/EngTechTree.cfg")

26 minutes ago, Dep said:

BTW, in /saves/_savename_/_mysave_.sfs check string "TechTreeUrl =" (value must be "GameData/ETT/EngTechTree.cfg")

I've tried this, and the other things you mentioned, and no success. I deleted ETT instead. I don't know what else there is to do, or if I installed it wrong or something, but whatever. Thanks for trying though! :)

Just now, Probus said:

Do you have links to the part packs @linuxgurugamer?  I'll add them this weekend. 

Here is the Kurrikane:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159787-12-kurrikane-a-science-probe-parts-v11/

If you could do BOMPs as well, that would be nice. BOMPS is essentially identical to the standard probe cores, with the addition of a tiny one:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/160179-12-the-bolt-on-mission-probe-bomp-rerevival-thread/

thanks

In my (heavily modded) install, using ETT, the "Sunflower" Portable Light Kit from USI's MKS mod is showing up in an "Unassigned" Node, not connected to any other (but available in Career at the start) on the far left center of the tree.

On 5/16/2017 at 0:40 PM, Meta Jonez said:

In my (heavily modded) install, using ETT, the "Sunflower" Portable Light Kit from USI's MKS mod is showing up in an "Unassigned" Node, not connected to any other (but available in Career at the start) on the far left center of the tree.

I posted about this in January, the part is MKS_LightGlobe and it is in both advElectrics and Unplaced in the EngTechTree.cfg. If you remove part = MKS_LightGlobe from the Unplaced segment it shows in advanced electrics and the floating unassigned node will be gone.

I have the same problem FWDixon was having where the tech tree sort of looks like it writes over itself.  I get a warning that there are 70 duplicate nodes when I first start KSP.  

I tried deleting the 5 files that were talked about before and that does not seem to help.  (PartDatabase.cfg from the KSP folder and ModuleManager.ConfigCacheModuleManager.ConfigSHAModuleManager.Physics and ModuleManager.TechTree from the Game Data folder).

It seems that it is caused by KSPI-E and CTT.  When I uninstall these two mods the ETT works properly again.  I reinstall them and it goes bonkers again. 

This seems strange to me because when I first installed everything it all worked together (CTT, KSPI-E, and ETT).  However I tried to check out a different Tech tree and that's when everything went bad.  (I uninstalled that one and reinstalled ETT).   CTT works fine if ETT isn't installed and ETT works fine when CTT isn't installed.  But I don't think KSPI-E works without CTT right?  And isn't that supposed to be supported by this tree?

Is there any fix for this? 

Edit:  For those having a similar problem, yes, you can install KSPI-E without CTT.  I installed it manually and then deleted the CTT folder in my game data.  This worked and now everything seems happy and ETT works again.  Maybe it broke something I don't know about, but it seems to work for now.

Edited by Minwaabi

14 hours ago, Minwaabi said:

I have the same problem FWDixon was having where the tech tree sort of looks like it writes over itself.  I get a warning that there are 70 duplicate nodes when I first start KSP.  

I tried deleting the 5 files that were talked about before and that does not seem to help.  (PartDatabase.cfg from the KSP folder and ModuleManager.ConfigCacheModuleManager.ConfigSHAModuleManager.Physics and ModuleManager.TechTree from the Game Data folder).

It seems that it is caused by KSPI-E and CTT.  When I uninstall these two mods the ETT works properly again.  I reinstall them and it goes bonkers again. 

This seems strange to me because when I first installed everything it all worked together (CTT, KSPI-E, and ETT).  However I tried to check out a different Tech tree and that's when everything went bad.  (I uninstalled that one and reinstalled ETT).   CTT works fine if ETT isn't installed and ETT works fine when CTT isn't installed.  But I don't think KSPI-E works without CTT right?  And isn't that supposed to be supported by this tree?

Edit:  For those having a similar problem, yes, you can install KSPI-E without CTT.  I installed it manually and then deleted the CTT folder in my game data.  This worked and now everything seems happy and ETT works again.  Maybe it broke something I don't know about, but it seems to work for now.

Hmmm...  it used to work with CTT installed. Something must have changed. 

Next upload to CKAN I will make an exclusion for CTT and mention this in the OP. The funny thing is I originally built the tree for personal use with KSPI-E. 

Thank you @Minwaabi for investigating this problem. 

On 5/24/2017 at 6:57 PM, Minwaabi said:

@Probus

Do you have Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes installed? It's probably causing the error. But yes, you can just keep the ETT or the CTT and delete the other and it will work.

To get things to work for my mod I had to use the tech tree made by Module Manager instead of whatever the vanilla ETT mod uses. This caused duplicate nodes when MM filters aren't in properly in place, which vanilla ETT never needed. So I have a warning message display when there are duplicate nodes, just like you described. Delete the files causing the duplicate nodes, and you're good to go.

when I first started using this mod, I could have sworn there was a graphical tree editor that came with it (or with Yonge's tech tree stuff). I can't seem to find it now and would like to be able to rassign some parts without having to manually edit config files. Thoughts?

On 6/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, fwdixon said:

when I first started using this mod, I could have sworn there was a graphical tree editor that came with it (or with Yonge's tech tree stuff). I can't seem to find it now and would like to be able to rassign some parts without having to manually edit config files. Thoughts?

It's included in the ZIP file for the 20170311 release.  I'm using it now.

On 28-5-2017 at 11:49 PM, Probus said:

These parts?

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223994-kerbal-spacedock

I'm going to try to make tomorrow an ETT update day. That's if I don't get too many honeydo's. 

Notice that CTT for KSP 1.3  has added a lot of new technodes, I would advice you add them to ETT as well

Edited by FreeThinker

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.