[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

On 6/30/2017 at 5:28 PM, Slaver0110 said:

Same question here, as it's the last mod I need for 1.3.

ETT for 1.2 works just fine, but the parts are all out of whack, and all my saves are for that.  I'll wait.

I've just upgraded my 1.2.2 game to 1.3. I have had no problems. @Slaver0110, do you have another tree loaded?  Anyway, I will see if I can get it officially updated to 1.3 on the 4th. 

Sweet.

The only real problems are with placement on the tree itself, due to renaming in the .cfg files (mostly in Near Future Spacecraft).  A fix was posted on the Spacedock thread for this, pertaining to the Mk-3 command pod, so it's not a big deal.

edit  the cfg-file name change was causing a save-break.

I have CTT installed, but it's never given me any conflicts that I can see, even under 1.2.2 (Yonge TechTree Manager seems to handle it well when starting a new Career).

Once again, thank you for ETT.  I appreciate the hard work.

And Cheers!!

Edited by Slaver0110
Edited for clarity

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@toric5 I guess the above quote from the OP made you think it works with CTT - I also tried that - but it's not real.

I also had massive lines going everywhere...

I do believe I need to remove that line. It is no longer compatible with CTT. 

1 hour ago, Probus said:

I do believe I need to remove that line. It is no longer compatible with CTT. 

ah, ok. thanks. does it still have all the nodes from the CTT? (so that mods that you do not support still have somewhere to go)

I feel like cryotanks needs a look at. if you never research nuculear, you may go without 3 meter cryo tanks. on the same note, it could be easy to get 2.5 meter nukes before getting 2.5 m cryo tanks... (also, karbonite and USI warpdrive support?)

6 hours ago, Breakaway25 said:

Couldn't figure out how to set up a pull request on github, but I went through and fixed all the Bluedog Design parts, save for a few that don't show up in the editor. 

This may need some further balancing but here is the config file:

Bluedog Designs

Thanks @Breakaway25,

I will review and add your changes. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I am experiencing huge lag when ETT is installed

2 hours ago, lordcirth said:

That doesn't make sense.  What other mods do you have, and did you install any others around the same time?

It's most likely because the YongeTech plugin that comes with the ETT spams a lot of messages to the output log. Any mod that spams the log tends to cause lag.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:03 AM, Iso-Polaris said:

i haven't installed any mod at the same time, after I unintstalled ETT, the lag was gone

I will try to figure out what the errors are @Iso-Polaris.  The Yonge mod is quite old.  @linuxgurugamer recompiled it for me, but he is really busy and doesn't usually have time to debug mods on a regular basis.  My "C" is pretty rusty, but I will look at it.  If anyone can tell me what's up with the errors, I will do my best to fix them.

Edited by Probus

1 hour ago, Probus said:

I will try to figure out what the errors are @Iso-Polaris.  The Yonge mod is quite old.  @linuxgurugamer recompiled it for me, but he is really busy and doesn't usually have time to debug mods on a regular basis.  My "C" is pretty rusty, but I will look at it.  If anyone can tell me what's up with the errors, I will do my best to fix them.

Other than bein slow, are there any specific errors?

Ill see if I can reduce the log spam, but I have to know what im looking for

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.