[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

When I use this with Interstellar, it appears some of the reactors have disappeared.  The most obvious is the pebblebed, it should appear in Nuclear Fuel systems but it isn't.

Edit:  I found it at the end of the nuclear fission engine tree, which makes no sense as it should be the second reactor.  I tried to understand the CFG file but didn't seem to figure out the names of the engines?

On 1/3/2017 at 9:09 PM, RiverRat2800 said:

I've come back to KSP after taking a while off to let all the dust settle from all the updates.  I started a new game with ETT and when I went to the r&d screen the tech tree is cluttered and unreadable.  It's as if the display is compressed with the lines too close together and overwriting the tech icons.  I remember this happening before and reading somewhere in this thread how to fix it, but I haven't been able to come up with the right search terms to find it.  Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Do you have the Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes and/or the Community Tech Tree mods installed? Try deleting the CTT if it's in the GameData folder.

On 1/7/2017 at 4:45 AM, garwel said:

So, I'm back to KSP and I tried to run the latest versions of ETT and HETTN again. I got the on-screen warning about a duplicate node, but at least the tree would render more or less ok (I haven't checked all the nodes though). In the output log, I found this:

Reveal hidden contents

[HETTN] Duplicate tech nodes exists with the following IDs:
   experimentalRocketry
Check your mod files for the duplicate nodes and consider contacting the modder(s) to resolve issue. This is for the default ModuleManager tree, not the new HETTN tree with hidden empty nodes. The duplicate nodes are not added to the new tree, but may have modified node position, cost, Parent links, etc.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

So I gather some other mods add the experimentalRocketry node, which causes the issue. Any ideas what it was and how to resolve it? Here is the list of the mods I use:

Reveal hidden contents

[x] Science! (xScience v5.4)
Action Groups Extended (AGExt 2.2)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel v2.9.1.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v1.5.3)
CactEye Optics Community (CactEyeCommunity 1.2.2.11)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.92)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 1.2.1.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.6.5.0)
Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace 1.2.4.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.22.2)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.5.3)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.0)
Contract Pack: Interplanetary Mountaineer (ContractConfigurator-InterplanetaryMountaineer 1.1)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.6)
Contract Pack: Rover Missions (ContractConfigurator-RoverMissionsRedux 0.1.7)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts (ContractConfigurator-UnmannedContracts 0.3.27)
DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.23.2.0)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.8.1)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.8.1)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.8)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.5.2)
Engine Lighting (EngineLighting 1.5)
Engineering Tech Tree (ETT 2:v20161222)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.2-2)
EvaFuel (EvaFuel 1.2.3)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 5.6.0.0)
Extraplanetary Launchpads - No More Production (ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads-NoMoreProduction 1.0.0)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.2.7-3080)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.5.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 0.7.4)
Impact! (Impact v1.5.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 2.3.2)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 2.3.2)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.3.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.6.2.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.2.8)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.4.0.0)
Kerbal Inventory System - No Fun (KerbalInventorySystemNoFun v0.1.2)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.3.1)
Konstruction (Konstruction 0.1.9.0)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1.0.3)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.22.1)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.6.2)
KSP Craft Organizer (VAB/SPH tags + craft searching) (KspCraftOrganizer 1.4)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.11.15)
KW Rocketry Redux (KWRocketryRedux 3.0.24.1)
KW Rocketry Redux - Instant Power Response Configs (KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr 3.0.24.1)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.3.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.7.5)
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 (NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.0.1.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 0.8.2)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.8.2)
Near Future Electrical Extras: Decaying RTGs Patch (NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs 0.8.2)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 0.8.2)
Olympic1's ARP Icons (Olympic1ARPIcons v0.10.12)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.8.2)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.5.2)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.5.2)
Precise Maneuver (PreciseManeuver 2:2.2.2)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v0.9.1)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v10.5.1)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v0.11.2)
Reentry Particle Effect (ReentryParticleEffect 1.2a)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.4.4.0)
REPOSoftTech-KSP Utils (RSTKSPUtils V0.23.1.0)
RoverScience Revisited (RoverScienceRevisited 2.2.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v16.11)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0256)
ShipManifest (ShipManifest 5.1.3.1)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.7.0.0)
SpacetuxSA (SpacetuxSA 0.3.12.1)
SpaceY Heavy Lifters (SpaceY-Lifters 1.15.1)
Stock Visual Enhancements: Scatterer Configs (SVE-Scatterer-Config 2:1.1.4)
Stock Visual Enhancements: Sunflare (SVE-Sunflare 2:1.1.4)
Stock Visual Enhancements-Medium Res (SVE-MediumResolution 2:1.1.4)
Surface Experiment Pack (SurfaceExperimentPack v2.1.3)
TakeCommandContinued (TakeCommandContinued 1.4.5)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v2.5.4)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.2.8)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.13)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.6.0.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.1.0)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.3.3)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.2.2.0)
USI Core (USI-Core 0.3.6.0)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:0.50.9.0)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 0.5.15.0)
USI Tools (USITools 0.8.8.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.6.0)
YongeTech Tech Trees Plugin Revived (YongeTechTreesPlugin-Revived v20161222)

I personally suspect KW Rocketry, NearFuture Propulsion, SpaceY HL, and Interstellar.

Looks like KWRocketry. SpaceY updated it's MM patches to check for the ETT and Interstellar removed its patches and now requires the CTT (or the ETT, just delete the CTT before you start your game).

@linuxgurugamer said he would update KWRocketry, looks like he's getting a big patch ready. In the meantime, go to KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch.cfg and change the "@TechTree" to "@TechTree:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!ETT]".

4 hours ago, ev0 said:

Do you have the Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes and/or the Community Tech Tree mods installed? Try deleting the CTT if it's in the GameData folder.

Looks like KWRocketry. SpaceY updated it's MM patches to check for the ETT and Interstellar removed its patches and now requires the CTT (or the ETT, just delete the CTT before you start your game).

@linuxgurugamer said he would update KWRocketry, looks like he's getting a big patch ready. In the meantime, go to KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch.cfg and change the "@TechTree" to "@TechTree:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!ETT]".

You also need to do the same for the highPerformanceFuelSystems, ti is also included in ETT

10 hours ago, Liquid5n0w said:

When I use this with Interstellar, it appears some of the reactors have disappeared.  The most obvious is the pebblebed, it should appear in Nuclear Fuel systems but it isn't.

Edit:  I found it at the end of the nuclear fission engine tree, which makes no sense as it should be the second reactor.  I tried to understand the CFG file but didn't seem to figure out the names of the engines?

As I showed in my post one page before many items pop up several times in the techtree. Your part pebblebed is amoungst them. I suspect that many parts from KSPi and SXT where placed manually or the tree editor program does not scan for double (or more) parts. This seem to be a huge disadvantage of this wonderful techtree.

I believe this: When parts are detected in several nodes, it behaves like a AND, thus both nodes must be researched before the part can be used by the player.

You can try to open the tech tree in a text editor and look for pebblebed, that one in the wrong line/node should be commented out or deleted.

Edited by New Horizons

@Probus

Is the YongeTech mod rebuilt for 1.2.2?  I looked at the github, first, I couldn't find the source for this, can you please tell me where it is?

I was going to take a quick look to see if I could find a fix for the bug mentioned in the previous post:

I believe this: When parts are detected in several nodes, it behaves like a AND, thus both nodes must be researched before the part can be used by the player.

Thanks

6 hours ago, New Horizons said:

As I showed in my post one page before many items pop up several times in the techtree. Your part pebblebed is amoungst them. I suspect that many parts from KSPi and SXT where placed manually or the tree editor program does not scan for double (or more) parts. This seem to be a huge disadvantage of this wonderful techtree.

You can try to open the tech tree in a text editor and look for pebblebed, that one in the wrong line/node should be commented out or deleted.

Well it's normal that in KSPI the same item comes up multiple times, as there is a marker item to tell you what node would upgrade that tech.  I'm only seeing it once in the tech tree ingame though, even if it's in the tree multiple times.

@Probus I've noticed a couple of problems with supported mods in this tech tree.  

• Station Parts Expansion by @Nertea

It seems the TH-NKR Lab is at a 1000 point node, well after all of the other bits of the mod are unlocked.  You can't do any science with the mod until you have the TH-NKR lab unlocked, so it should be moved to a very early node.

• DMagic Orbital Science by @DMagic

The Little brother surveillance camera is unlocked after the big brother camera, which makes no sense as the big brother is the upgrade.  They also should not be 1 node apart,  nor should they be so deep into the tech tree. I suggest leaving the big brother where it is, and putting the little brother on a node that costs 100.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:46 AM, Liquid5n0w said:

@Probus I've noticed a couple of problems with supported mods in this tech tree.  

• Station Parts Expansion by @Nertea

It seems the TH-NKR Lab is at a 1000 point node, well after all of the other bits of the mod are unlocked.  You can't do any science with the mod until you have the TH-NKR lab unlocked, so it should be moved to a very early node.

• DMagic Orbital Science by @DMagic

The Little brother surveillance camera is unlocked after the big brother camera, which makes no sense as the big brother is the upgrade.  They also should not be 1 node apart,  nor should they be so deep into the tech tree. I suggest leaving the big brother where it is, and putting the little brother on a node that costs 100.

I will get this fixed in the next release.  Thanks for letting me know.

2 hours ago, Tynrael said:

If using MKS the MKS_LightGlobe becomes orphaned in an Unplaced node, in the ETT configuration it is in both the Unplaced and AdvancedElectrics nodes so the removal from Unplaced puts it where it belongs.

I will check on this too.

@Probus I think you should look at the unlocks for procedural parts.  

The SRBs unlock from the SRB side mostly, but then the last SRB tech doesn't unlock the next procedural SRB upgrade.  Also once you have unlocked all the SRB tech why don't you have unlimited size SRBs?

The procedural liquid tank is quite bad too, it's upgrades jump all over the map, instead of just following down the tree in order.

Also I noticed in the procedural parts config the SRB section has a lot of good comments and description of sizes, but all the others don't?

Edited by Liquid5n0w

Also, where you are placing the USI-MKS parts doesn't make much sense.  All of the ranger class items should be unlocked early (around 100 to 250 science), then all of the Duna modules, then the tundra stuff.  The system is designed to start your colony with a basic ranger base, add Duna modules to it's a bit more self sufficient then build tundras on site to be totally self sufficient.  The way you layed out their tree makes this progression impossible,

On 1/16/2017 at 0:09 PM, Liquid5n0w said:

@Probus I think you should look at the unlocks for procedural parts.  

The SRBs unlock from the SRB side mostly, but then the last SRB tech doesn't unlock the next procedural SRB upgrade.  Also once you have unlocked all the SRB tech why don't you have unlimited size SRBs?

The procedural liquid tank is quite bad too, it's upgrades jump all over the map, instead of just following down the tree in order.

Also I noticed in the procedural parts config the SRB section has a lot of good comments and description of sizes, but all the others don't?

I will try to improve this if I can.

15 hours ago, Liquid5n0w said:

Also, where you are placing the USI-MKS parts doesn't make much sense.  All of the ranger class items should be unlocked early (around 100 to 250 science), then all of the Duna modules, then the tundra stuff.  The system is designed to start your colony with a basic ranger base, add Duna modules to it's a bit more self sufficient then build tundras on site to be totally self sufficient.  The way you layed out their tree makes this progression impossible,

Yeah, I agree.  I was planning a play through of the USI mods and never got deep into the colonization.  I have shifted the modules to the ranger-->duna-->tundra format.  It will be in my next release along with other improvements.  The nature of the tech tree will make it hard to unlock what you need to start a colony.  You will have to unlock several branches to get the parts you need.  This might force me to move them earlier in the tree than you would expect.  We will just have to see.

Keep the feedback coming.  I am listening. 

On 1/21/2017 at 3:52 PM, Probus said:

I will try to improve this if I can.

Yeah, I agree.  I was planning a play through of the USI mods and never got deep into the colonization.  I have shifted the modules to the ranger-->duna-->tundra format.  It will be in my next release along with other improvements.  The nature of the tech tree will make it hard to unlock what you need to start a colony.  You will have to unlock several branches to get the parts you need.  This might force me to move them earlier in the tree than you would expect.  We will just have to see.

Keep the feedback coming.  I am listening. 

I just realised that you have updated, but the github for the project shows the last changes were in June.  Whats going on there?

Also, what timeframe were you thinking for that update?  I am about to start into MKS in my game, but if ETT isn't updated I'm going to have to manually go and change the tech nodes of a bunch of MKS stuff so I can use it at my tech level.

Thank you very much for this mod, It adds so much to the game for me.

Two small suggestions:

The inflatable 2.5 meter heat shield (located early in the landing baranch ) and the 800 unit battery (located in early in the engineering branch) are both located off their main branch, thermal and electric respectively.  They are better parts than the first few tiers of unlocks in the main branches and make it so you don't have to touch them for a long way into the game.  I think both these parts are a little too powerful for where they are located.  

So i started a new career playthrough using ETT and bluedog design bureau. However, the gemini service module isn't showing up in the service module section. Any reason why this might be going on? it appears to be the only part that isn't showing up.

is there any way to change the tech tree anywhere because i personally don't like it in its current state.

some of the problems i am having:

the first plane node does not contain the right parts to start building planes, such as a tailpiece and 0.625 fuselages and fuel tanks.

and i think you should unlock 0.625 parts before 1.25 parts or you should at least unlock a better 0.625 - 1.25 adapter first.

Edited by AtleSt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you add Pathfinder, Buffalo MSEV, Deep Space Exploration Vessels,Karbonite,Karbonite Plus, and Project Orion Nuclear Pulse Engines?

Oh, and Karibou too.

EDIT: Whoops didn't see Karibou on the list. Can you add ESLD Jump Beacons continued too?

Edited by MysterySloth
Forgetting things.

18 hours ago, MysterySloth said:

Can you add Pathfinder, Buffalo MSEV, Deep Space Exploration Vessels,Karbonite,Karbonite Plus, and Project Orion Nuclear Pulse Engines?

Oh, and Karibou too.

EDIT: Whoops didn't see Karibou on the list. Can you add ESLD Jump Beacons continued too?

You didn't say please!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.