[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

74yd6Pi.jpg

FEATURES:

Sun is a black hole now.

Created new Kerbol.

Some new stars added.

Added new planets orbiting these stars.

Added wormhole near Jool that leads to the Gargantua system. [WIP]

COMPLETED STAR SYSTEMS:

Polaris system

Nim system

Eravate system

Oblok system

Osiris system

Abbadon system

Gargantua system

Opete system

TO DO:

Add more planets and stars

Add pulsar effects for neutron stars

White star POLARIS

- Green ocean planet PANDORA

-Yellow gas giant RYLA

-Icy moon HOTH

-moon CITE

Brown dwarf NIM

Red dwarf ERAVATE

-planet SEHERA

-planet EDEN

Blue supergiant Oblok

-Gas giant AELION

-Dwarf planet PHOENIX

-Dwarf planet SUNFLOWER

Neutron star Osiris

-planet Ida

-gas planet Isus

-moon Rocko

-moon Volco

Yellow-White star Abbadon

-planet Violetta

-planet Nix

-moon Icy

-planet Aphrodite

Orange subgiant Opete

-Water giant Poseidon

-Broken moon Krush and it's companion Krush B

-planet Hypat

Gargantua system

-Miller's planet

-Mann's planet

Neutron star Pantagruel

-Edmund's planet

Thanks to:

_Augustus_ for creating StarSystems config

Samio for creating Possible Planet Additions

Thomas P. for creating kopernicus

Included mods:

Kopernicus

EVE

TextureReplacer

Download:

KerbalGalaxy | Source

88x31.png

Screenshots:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Changelog:

Version 0.7

-Polaris is oblate star now.
-Fixed some bugs
-Added new star system.
-Added Edmund's planet and Pantagruel to the Gargantua system.
-Minor changes in star colors.
-Removed Intergalactic Skybox.

Edited by Artyomka15

Great. I have been waiting for this. Thanks for supplying this to ksp. now please tell us if it is possible to put our favorite planet packs in your galaxy?

@Killashley

I am playing with your pack and no intention to stop anytime soon. is it possible to modify this so that i keep playing in your solar system and visit others?

@yefeshan, I'll whip up a mm compatibility patch :wink:

@Artyomka15

I just gave a quick test and noticed quite a few errors, though I'd share.

-the black hole has stock sun flare, it glows bright yellow

-nim's corona is pure white (normally this is a file path error)

-sunlight on the Kerbol system's bodies is coming from the black hole, and the side of planets facing Kerbol is recieving no light from Kerbol

-atmosphere settings have been updated a while ago, it's clear you got these from New Horizons or OPM, look at NH's configs for the latest update

-you probably shouldn't edit the system.cfg in the main Kopernicus folder, it breaks compatibility with other packs :(

-after looking over your configs i noticed that you don't actually need to include kittopiatech, as everything it does kopernicus can do (& better)

If you need a hand fixing any of these issues gimme a shout, as I actually made a system just like this a while ago while experimenting so i know alot about fixing up these little errors.

Edited by KillAshley

@yefeshan, I'll whip up a mm compatibility patch :wink:

@Artyomka15

I just gave a quick test and noticed quite a few errors, though I'd share.

-the black hole has stock sun flare, it glows bright yellow

-nim's corona is pure white (normally this is a file path error)

-sunlight on the Kerbol system's bodies is coming from the black hole, and the side of planets facing Kerbol is recieving no light from Kerbol

-atmosphere settings have been updated a while ago, it's clear you got these from New Horizons or OPM, look at NH's configs for the latest update

-you probably shouldn't edit the system.cfg in the main Kopernicus folder, it breaks compatibility with other packs :(

-after looking over your configs i noticed that you don't actually need to include kittopiatech, as everything it does kopernicus can do (& better)

If you need a hand fixing any of these issues gimme a shout, as I actually made a system just like this a while ago while experimenting so i know alot about fixing up these little errors.

Thanks, I will fix these bugs

Intrigued by the idea of multiple star systems... how do you handle the long travel times between them? And are they independent systems, or are they scaled up gas giants/moons orbiting a central point?

This is a pretty awesome mod, I do have some comments, however. Some of which have already been mentioned. Sunlight on Kerbin doesn't derive from Kerbol for whatever reason. I can't seem to see where the Black Hole is, at the center of the system is a really tiny white star but I can't seem to find the black hole. Also Errevate's glow is ridiculous for a low brightness star like that, I shouldn't be able to see the corona from zoomed out in the star map.

Other than those, so far it's pretty awesome, keep up the good work.

If you wanna do Interstellar travel, use the Interstellar Extended mod, or the IXS Enterprise mod. Wormholes are somewhat tricky because unlike Portals from Portal, you can enter and exit a wormhole from any direction.

From what I can tell it's like Kerbin doesn't actually rotate, if you speed up time you actually orbit Kerbol and the Mun comes around, but Kerbin itself doesn't seem to turn when you're not in Map View. Here're pictures for the Sun not lighting Kerbin, and apparently not seeing the Black Hole (I am using EVE and the Interstellar Astronomer's Visual Pack if that matters):

Sun%20Not%20Working_zpsdjulor1a.png

No%20Black%20Hole_zpso57xxsum.png

I'm not blaming anyone, I was just stating there was an issue somewhere in the files that were included in the Mod Download, if it's Kopernicus then cool. Also if you know, on a fresh install, only the Kerbol system shows up in the map, I can see the Black Hole now but none of the other stars show up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.