[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

Sorry, new version will be released next week. I'm very busy, because i'm writing Wormhole plugin for my galaxy

OMG your actually doing that?!?!?!? :D This is really cool, Now be sure to add companion galaxys to the kerbal one that orbit it and are only easily accessible through the wormholes,

Edited by daniel l.

Hello again, I have tried several times to install the Kerbal Galaxy .02 AND .03 + kopernicus and cannot get the mod to work no matter what. I'm running 1.0.2. (i also installed 1.0.4)

Its either the game crashes, or the game works, but there's no extra solar systems or planets... but here's another problem....... After I gave up, I noticed that ALL of my orbiting satellites ships, stations, and debris are now GONE... I made sure to enable the display of all ship types at the top.. but they are all GONE

Any advice?

It's compatible with OPM, you just go into the config in the OPM folder and reparent the planets to Kerbol instead of Sun. Although the orbit of the outermost planet nearly intersects that of the closest star. Which is crazy, because literally that star in KSP is legitimately light years away.

In the newest version, the Black Hole is gone again, I'm assuming this is because Kopernicus has some incompatibility with 1.0.4. I hope they fix the Kerbin reparenting issue soon, it really throws me off.

Hows it going? btw no need to add a lot of planets but you should add an absolute crap ton of stars, Planet formation may be common but most stars dont keep there planets (Usually thrown into the star or thrown out of the system) so to add the overwhelming sense of size that a galaxy has just add a tone of planetless stars with different colors, Plus i would reccomend you bundle my intergalactic skybox into the pack since its most suited to a game where the galaxy has visitable stars. (Not to toot my own horn but it is the best skybox for this new environment.)

Sorry if im being persistent but please reply to my post.

New version has been released!

Features:

Added descriptions for planets from Eravate, Polaris, Abbadon and Oblok system.

Added new moon for Ryla.

Included Intergalactic Skybox. (Thanks Daniel!)

Edited by Artyomka15

Dear OP,

Once you do make biomes for all of the planets/moons, you will have to fill in information for all of them for science instruments. While i may not know anything about the actual code itself, i can write up some messages for the crew reports, science etc. Just thought I could help around a little bit :P

New version has been released!

Features:

Added descriptions for planets from Eravate, Polaris, Abbadon and Oblok system.

Added new moon for Ryla.

Included Intergalactic Skybox. (Thanks Daniel!)

Your welcome :) be sure to make a DOE config so you will get a dynamic star field overlay, as in you can see every visitable star from a distance creating a layer to the skybox that is real :)

This is a very nice pack: The planets are nice, the textures are good, and the stars are original.

Thank you :)

---------------------------------------------

The next version will be released next week.

Planned features:

-Adding moons for Pandora (probably 3 moons)

Edited by Artyomka15

Finally we have a working mulitple star systems mod for 1.0. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm almost finished my WormholePlugin. Tomorrow I'll show you video with tests.

A wormhole plugin? Awesome! A friend and I were trying to get a wormhole plugin to work a few months ago, but it never got very far. Is this wormhole plugin an honest-to-probe 3D celestial body type of wormhole or just some kind of part module transfer gate?

How about Better Time Warp by Mr.HappyFace? You can tell people to install it if they don't want to use KAC for the alarm/sleep all night and then arrive in the morning.

Seriously, you could probably do that.

It's not required, but you don't want to sit there for hours waiting for the encounter - right?

FreeThinker, Sorry, But Kopernicus hasn't function to do it.

Well perhaps you can do something similar to warp unlocker (look at source code) and add it to Kerbal Galaxy. It would be most useful in the SOI of the galaxy center

Another Thing, I arrived at Polaris and it got really hot. It wasn't even near the inner planet (Pandora) and started to burn up.

Edited by FreeThinker

Any possibility of making a plugin for the mod that adds aliens that occupy each exoplanet with the exception of a few, They would all be peaceful (Unless bdarmory is installed) and you could trade with them, There would be special spacecraft parts that would be inaccessible to the player but would allow the aliens to have "Alien" looking ships, Most would be similar to kerbalkind but with there own twist, they would have stations in orbit or on ground that you could go to and just open a comms channel to buy more fuel or to ask for information, This plugin would be moddable in itself allowing players to create there own species and choose its traits and even what ships it uses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.