[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

Love the mod. I pretty much went and found every planet pack I could and am now in the process of putting them into my galaxy.

A couple of things:

To be compatible with OPM when using Trans-Keptunian planet as well, Kerbol's SOI needs to be around 1500000000000m

About moving bodies, I suggested moving Minmus in OPM and they said they wouldn't because a) they didn't want the mod to break saves and B) they are aiming for an extension to stock, and I tend to agree

About the skybox: It's not Intergalactic space. It's Interstellar space, so that means space within a galaxy - ergo you would see stars and not total blackness

hey guys, this is my favourite planet pack but i got an issue and im getting crazy. I was reading threath and didnt seen anyone reporting it. Everything its ok until i come next to year 3, then sph and vab stop working, all top buttons, load, launch, new, exit, parts, action groups, crew, even flags and pods, they are unclikeable. I tested it in a clean ksp instalation and just Kerbalgalaxy modded in carrer, science or sandbox, even same problem. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advantage and sorry for my english, i am not native and looks like today is not my best day to speak it :P

hey guys, this is my favourite planet pack but i got an issue and im getting crazy. I was reading threath and didnt seen anyone reporting it. Everything its ok until i come next to year 3, then sph and vab stop working, all top buttons, load, launch, new, exit, parts, action groups, crew, even flags and pods, they are unclikeable. I tested it in a clean ksp instalation and just Kerbalgalaxy modded in carrer, science or sandbox, even same problem. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advantage and sorry for my english, i am not native and looks like today is not my best day to speak it :P

Its alright, Only 600m people speak it natively, just type your stuff into google translate and convert it, JUST BE SURE TO LOOK AT THE TRANSLATION! ;)

I love this mod! Out of all the great planet packs this one is my favorite, however I have encountered a couple of bugs.

First of all the planet Eden appears to be outside of the SOI of it's host star Eravante (should be an easy fix).

Pictures have been moved to here.

Second, when I saw this picture of KSP orbiting the planet Kerbin I was beside myself! I think this may be an issue with the environments mod or Kopernicus (not sure if anyone else is having this issue).

JR

Edit: The problems listed above have been fixed in the latest release so I have removed the pictures and replaced them.

Edited by Jolly_Roger

I've been exploring the Galaxy with my Millennium Falcon to give it the stress test (craft has almost 500 parts) and get some nice pics. No warp speed but I do have hyper(edit) drive! LOL

The Millennium Falcon flies over the Icy moon with planet Nix overhead...

QE3B2oQ.png

I'm lovin' this Mod! - JR

CHANGELOG:

-Polaris is oblate star now.

-Fixed some bugs

-Added new star system.

-Added Edmund's planet and Pantagruel to the Gargantua system.

-Minor changes in star colors.

-Removed Intergalactic Skybox.

I have a new version of the skybox that people might like better

Isn't Pantagruel a pulsar?

And in the movie, it is said that Edmund's Planet is orbiting Gargantua. Correct me if i'm wrong, though.

After the crew came back on the Endurance from Miller's planet, they decided going to Mann, even though Amelia (Brand) said that Edmunds was a better prospect since it didn't orbit Gargantua, and as such, more things would happen (asteroids, comets with base components of life) that otherwise would get sucked by Gargantua. In the older, 2008 script of the movie, this star is named Pantagruel, so it would be (near-) canonical to name it that way.

Edited by MegaUZI
grammar!

Anyone have a fix for the black sky's on kerbal during the day?

If you are talking about the Space Center, currently a bug in Kopernicus does this if you reparent Kerbin (if it doesn't orbit the central Sun, which wouldn't make much sense would it?)

CHANGELOG:

-Polaris is oblate star now.

-Fixed some bugs

-Added new star system.

-Added Edmund's planet and Pantagruel to the Gargantua system.

-Minor changes in star colors.

-Removed Intergalactic Skybox.

I forgot to thank you :D

Edited by MegaUZI

After the crew came back on the Endurance from Miller's planet, they decided going to Mann, even though Amelia (Brand) said that Edmunds was a better prospect since it didn't orbit Gargantua, and as such, more things would happen (asteroids, comets with base components of life) that otherwise would get sucked by Gargantua. In the older, 2008 script of the movie, this star is named Pantagruel, so it would be (near-) canonical to name it that way.

Pantagruel orbited Gargantua, though.

This mod is working great for me... thank you!. It was sensitive to the order which it wanted to be installed for me though...KerbalGalaxy first, then OPM...I couldn't get it to work just adding KerbalGalaxy to my game with OPM in place first... I also had to hack -force-opengl or the load would just crash to desktop right after the yellow loading bar reached the end. Since adding -force-opengl, I have not had a single crash.

Wait... You have OPM working with this! Awesome! I have been saving OPM as a reward for when I finish my hardware simpit... I REALLY like OPM, but this is an exquisitely nice looking mod too. The idea of having both... :D​yay!

I'm also concerned about the total game time limit... I actually am not a big fan of "warp" mods... Say you sent a probe at a reasonably high velocity out at stockfish speeds... Just how many years would it take to reach the inner and outer systems? Can the game even handle times that large? I know the standard play method with this type of mod is to just install a warp mod... But what if I WANT a Voyager style probe to fly for decades and decades... Are the distances scaled to be possible in several decades... Or is it more on the order of several centuries or millennia, or more?

Pantagruel orbited Gargantua, though.

Indeed. Sorry, I didn't mention that.

Wait... You have OPM working with this! Awesome! I have been saving OPM as a reward for when I finish my hardware simpit... I REALLY like OPM, but this is an exquisitely nice looking mod too. The idea of having both... :D​yay!

I'm also concerned about the total game time limit... I actually am not a big fan of "warp" mods... Say you sent a probe at a reasonably high velocity out at stockfish speeds... Just how many years would it take to reach the inner and outer systems? Can the game even handle times that large? I know the standard play method with this type of mod is to just install a warp mod... But what if I WANT a Voyager style probe to fly for decades and decades... Are the distances scaled to be possible in several decades... Or is it more on the order of several centuries or millennia, or more?

Note : due to how KSP handles time system, the game doesn't work past 230-ish years. (32bit systems)

Edited by MegaUZI

FreeThinker, the dev of KSP Interstellar Extended, has made an engine that gives thrust while timewarping. It was made for Galactic Neighborhood but it will also work for KerbalGalaxy.

is this compatible with planet shine and distant object enhancement?

As far as I know it doesn't have configs for them. In the playing I've done they seem to be technically compatible, but the new planets won't show up with Distant Object and I have no idea how Planetshine will react to you going into the SOI of a planet without a config.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.