[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

I would love to have that mod, but... How much memory does it consume? I mean, with my modded install KSP consumer up to 6gb of memory already. And I'm afraid that I'll fail to even launch KSP with that mod.

It uses a fair amount of RAM; I think a bit under 1 GB? It should probably go down noticeably if you remove the clouds, but I have yet to confirm this.

I downloaded this mod, and this happened.

http://i.imgur.com/6mSkvZ2.png

Any idea what to do?

That sounds like you installed /something/ in the wrong place; make sure Kopernicus, KerbalGalaxy, BoulderCo, etc. are all directly in Gamedata.

anyone here have any idea what causes my solar panels to register no energy flow before I hyperedit to a new star system or why they will occasionally drop to 0 ec and then back to normal (after changing star systems to get energy flowing correctly at all)

anyone here have any idea what causes my solar panels to register no energy flow before I hyperedit to a new star system or why they will occasionally drop to 0 ec and then back to normal (after changing star systems to get energy flowing correctly at all)

I'm having the same problem, but not when Hyperediting. It just occasionally happens that solar panels don't generate any EC even tho there are no (heavy) consumers on the ship except a "Comms DTS-M1". The ships have 2-4k+ Max EC and plenty of either SP-L1x6 or Gigantor XL Solar Arrays, all with "Direct Sunlight" and "Sun Exposure" above 0.9. But still "Energy Flow: 0.0"

On ships in space, this seems to "go away" after a while, when they change their positions in orbit. But for my current lander on the Mun it didn't change even after 10+ days. It just gets no EC from its panels. :huh:

Using the latest version of Kerbal Galaxy together with SCANsat causes an infinite flood of NullReferenceException messages in the log.

Anyone else having this?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PQS.Mod_OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PQS.GetSurfaceHeight (Vector3d radialVector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SCANsat.SCANUtil.getElevation (.CelestialBody body, Int32 lon, Int32 lat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata.generateHeightMap (System.Int32& step, System.Int32& xStart, Int32 width) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.checkHeightMapStatus () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Looking at the stacktrace, I suspect the newly added Moon "Krush" and its unusual shape to be the cause.

ZHrd3fB.png

Could it be?

So I have done some testing on the zero Energy Flow problem.... It would seem that the panels have to be in line of sight with Kerbol, but also the galactic center. So if the sun is blocking view to the galactic center, you don't get energy flow. I assume that the game thinks the galactic center is the sun source (although the panels show sunlight amount based on the local sun).

I was looking into adding this mod to CKAN, and there are a few issues that are making it difficult.

Including Kopernicus with a modified config file goes against the philosophy of every mod being its own consistent pack of files, and causes installation hassles for users. Perhaps look into how Galactic Neighborhood is handling the issue of re-homing the Sun/Kerbol?

Between Curse / Curseforge / Dropbox as sources for the mod and no KSPAVC or MiniAVC support, maintaining the versioning in CKAN is very difficult. I believe KerbalStuff makes it pretty easy for mod authors to do versioning well.

Is there a KerbalGalaxy (1) out there? I'm confused as to the need for the 2, especially given that you've left it off your GameData sub-folder.

Kopernicus-based mods and some of the issues users have reported in this thread are an excellent example of why CKAN was created. We'd love to help users install your mod easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So, after a long absence, I finally decided to continue work on the mod. In new version i plan to fix a lot of bugs. If you found a bug in my mod, please report me.

Sweet! Can I download and install the mod with ckan? and is it currently compatible with outer planets mod and other worlds mod? They're both kopernicus mods I think and they seem to work good together so I'd like to keep em around if possible...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.