[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

Nope, they dont work, because this mod change Sun to Kerbol. you can simple change other mods with notepad (find main kopernicus text files and change Sun to Kerbol). but I tried this mod with new horizons with clouds and my pc burned in hellfire

So far, this mod looks really cool, It works ok, but the orbits of the other planet packs now circle the black hole in the centre instead of Kerbol, but that's alright... Kerbins atmosphere looks really cool now too, but there's no light diffraction on kerbin anymore, so theres always stars in the sky, and daytime looks dimly lit at best... I can deal with it for now, I'm running almost 70 mods at the moment though

I've looked through this thread in depth and through several other threads and I am curious about what the current bug situation is for this mod? There isn't an up to date bug thread on the OP that I can see.

I know there was an issue with solar panels but I believe that has been fixed with the hotfix on Kopernicus.

There have also been issues with views in the KSC, but I don't know where that is at.

Also there is an issue with the SOI so that it is impossible to orbit suns?

And finally adding this to an existing save will displace (and promptly destroy probably) crafts currently in flight.

Is there anything else I am missing?

I've looked through this thread in depth and through several other threads and I am curious about what the current bug situation is for this mod? There isn't an up to date bug thread on the OP that I can see.

I know there was an issue with solar panels but I believe that has been fixed with the hotfix on Kopernicus.

There have also been issues with views in the KSC, but I don't know where that is at.

Also there is an issue with the SOI so that it is impossible to orbit suns?

And finally adding this to an existing save will displace (and promptly destroy probably) crafts currently in flight.

Is there anything else I am missing?

I mean it's buggy as hell, but I haven't had too many issues with SOI stuff. I'm having issues displaying the textures in the game properly, there's weird clouding effects, sometimes Kerbin is bathed in perpetual starlight, even when kerbol is out. The solar panels are really weird, they seem to work mostly, but also seem to drop power until I load out to the space center and back to the crafts.

So far, this mod looks really cool, It works ok, but the orbits of the other planet packs now circle the black hole in the centre instead of Kerbol, but that's alright... Kerbins atmosphere looks really cool now too, but there's no light diffraction on kerbin anymore, so theres always stars in the sky, and daytime looks dimly lit at best... I can deal with it for now, I'm running almost 70 mods at the moment though

I'm running according to AVC 62 mods, outer planets and kerbol + I'd really love to run this mod on top of them that way I have an end game so I could go on the "interstellar" quest. Is there any way to modify the orbit values so I can keep all the planets around kerbol that I currently have along with satilites and probes, if not guess I could start a new game, but when I attempted to add this mod on it cut off from jool and everything outside of jools orbit was thrown into the middle... , would love a work around, this is totally an awesome idea / mod, I just wish I could run it maintaining all the current planet positions of kerbol

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,I heard this mod transfigured Kerbol into a black hole which has sort of put me off as I thought the mod would be essentially an add-on.

While I like the idea and,after a little practice,would like to contribute with a gas giant or even micro star (brown dwarf) system orbiting a larger star,I'm wondering if there is a version that doesn't incorporate the black hole/kerbol change

Thanks for any replies and good luck on the mod

[quote name='DarthJeb']Hi,I heard this mod transfigured Kerbol into a black hole which has sort of put me off as I thought the mod would be essentially an add-on.

While I like the idea and,after a little practice,would like to contribute with a gas giant or even micro star (brown dwarf) system orbiting a larger star,I'm wondering if there is a version that doesn't incorporate the black hole/kerbol change

Thanks for any replies and good luck on the mod[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstood. The mod aims to create a cluster of local stars. They all need something to orbit, an the most realistic thing would be a black hole. The way KSP works makes it that you can't change the center of the game to something other than the Sun. To deal with this, the stock Sun was made to a black hole, and a new identical Sun called Kerbol was made orbiting that black hole. The stock planets were made to orbit the new Kerbol. The main system is still the same with all the planets orbiting a star called Kerbol.

Are there any updates on this mod? Looks like the last post to the thread was January of this year and it's the end of November now. I'm running zero mods at the moment because most of the ones I enjoyed have turned into actual parts of the game already. What I really would like now is to travel to other star systems, having worked out best practices for long distance space travel within the game. I just want to make sure before I say goodbye to all of my current saves that things are going to work okay. The main concern I have right now besides if this mod will work with the latest updates to the game is that somebody mentioned that all of Jool's moons have been disrupted and I'll need those as I would plan to use them as my final refueling point before leaving the Kerbol system.

It seems that KG2 still works in 1.05 with the new updated version of Kopernicus, but all the stars that were added seem to render as Kerbol, including the black hole(s), when viewed up close.

I'll play around with the settings and update EVE's clouds to see if those will fix/break anything.

I hope there will be an "official" update to this mod, if not I'll see if I can patch it for everyone.

On 11/22/2015, 9:26:04, Sahadara said:

[quote name='DarthJeb']Hi,I heard this mod transfigured Kerbol into a black hole which has sort of put me off as I thought the mod would be essentially an add-on.

Thanks for any replies and good luck on the mod

I think you misunderstood. The mod aims to create a cluster of local stars. They all need something to orbit, an the most realistic thing would be a black hole. The way KSP works makes it that you can't change the center of the game to something other than the Sun. To deal with this, the stock Sun was made to a black hole, and a new identical Sun called Kerbol was made orbiting that black hole. The stock planets were made to orbit the new Kerbol. The main system is still the same with all the planets orbiting a star called Kerbol.

Thanks for the timely reply,I now understand :) It is quite cool the way you worked around the game limitations,as I just thought Kerbol had an SOI that had been set to a near infinite number.

Is there a name for the black hole?Somthing like Kagetarus A?

I would like to ask: Was extracting the contents of the fresh download folder into my ksp gamedata folder the right way to instal it? Before i launch KSP, Because last time I download this mod from a link, I did it differently, And had to reinstall KSP - Even after deleting the entire mod, the game was still unplayable, The space center screen was actully JUST the ambiance thats suppose to be there and the galexy backdrop, And i couldnt click any invisable buildings. I will list the items in the KSP gamedata folder here:(in order from top to bottom)

BoulderCo (Folder), EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements (Folder), KerbalGalaxy(Folder), KerbalTek(Folder, this has hyperedit), Kopernicus(Folder), Squad(Folder), ModuleManeger.2.6.7.dll(Application extension) ModuleManager(CONFIGCACHE file) Modulemanager.ConfigSHA(CONFIGSHA file), ModuleManager.Physics(PHYSICS file), ModuleManager.TechTree(TECHTREE file)

The parenthensees shows what the file is acording to the "Type" thing, Its left of "Size", And right of "Date modified" Date modified is right of "Name"

The things that i showed above are inside the gamedata folder. The thing up top looks like this: This PC > Downloads > ksp-win-1-0-5 > Gamedata >

In case this helps, I am using 64 Bit windows 10.

I am using ksp 1-0-5. And the tital of the thred suggests 1-0-2+, Wich should include 1-0-5. I started KSP, And it stopped responding and didnt start responding again when i clicked to resume a game

Then i edited the files and moved the kerbalgalaxy folder into the kopernicus folder, Started ksp up again, This time, It did not stop responding, But the space center was replaced with clouds and a sun graphic the brightens and darkens depending on the day-light cycle

PLEASE help, And please let it be ASAP Or soon at the very least. ):  Y U NO REPLY!!!

Its been overnight now, Absolutly nothing. Worst forum ever. *facepalm* Anywho, I tried all the combination I can think of that might work. Guess what? None of them work. It goes one of these 3 ways: The space center is invisable, and the game is unplayable; The game stops responding and doesnt respond again on loading screens; Nothing happens

If you make a mod, MAKE IT WORK DUMBY!!!

Edited by Flybuild

Notification post: I edited my previous comment. Sorry to bump, I just think that they read the post in its first state then completly ignored it, And its basically completly different now. PLEASE help me here, PLEASE!

ANYONE!!!!

PLEASE!!!! Y U NO REPLY!!!

SERIUSLY, REPLY PLEAS!!! ANYONE!!! WORST FORUMN EVER!!!!! YOU TAKE WAY TOO LONG TO REPLY TO PEOPLE!!!

Edited by Flybuild

On 12/5/2015, 1:06:10, Flybuild said:

Ignore my previous posts

Please update it to be compatible with KSP 1.0.5

Sersiusly, If you make a mod, Please make it ****ing work!!

On 11/30/2015, 6:37:38, jm764 said:

It seems that KG2 still works in 1.05 with the new updated version of Kopernicus, but all the stars that were added seem to render as Kerbol, including the black hole(s), when viewed up close.

I'll play around with the settings and update EVE's clouds to see if those will fix/break anything.

I hope there will be an "official" update to this mod, if not I'll see if I can patch it for everyone.

I have already offered a solution to upgrade KG2 to 1.0.5 untill the mod author updates the mod.

You HAVE TO update the Kopernicus folder from the mod's version to the latest release.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

Same goes for the E.V.E. folder if you want to upgrade the clouds for the planets.

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

Edited by jm764
Link would not load.

23 hours ago, jm764 said:

I have already offered a solution to upgrade KG2 to 1.0.5 untill the mod author updates the mod.

The box that should have a link

Its just a loading sign. And it wont finish loading, It even shows the page is fully loaded, Just a URL will do ok?

Also, Download link for your "solution"? The link you showed is for clouds and... just normal kopernicus...

Edited by Flybuild

11 minutes ago, Flybuild said:

The box that should have a link

Its just a loading sign. And it wont finish loading, It even shows the page is fully loaded, Just a URL will do ok?

Also, Download link for your "solution"? The link you showed is for clouds and... just normal kopernicus...

I fixed the links.

For some reason posting a url link to another KSP forum post causes it to load a whole working version post, instead of the link itself, which takes awhile so I replaced it with a direct link to the "current" version of Kopernicus for 1.0.5

On 12/5/2015, 11:06:10, Flybuild said:

Ignore my previous posts

Please update it to be compatible with KSP 1.0.5

Sersiusly, If you make a mod, Please make it ****ing work!!

Calm the hell down, man. Mod makers don't make mods to cater to your every whim, and they sure as hell won't speed up because you are spamming caps and upset that it hasn't been updated.

Edited by StickyScissors

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.