Jump to content

Kerbodyne Plus Development Thread


Bonus Eventus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hmm, the Hex to the 3.75m or 2.5m or whatever adapter is missing from the mod, did you delete it?

Hey Bonus, just a question, but what are you planning to release for v1.1?

 

Also how's the reactor coming along? (the circular one from a few pages ago)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Table said:

Hmm, the Hex to the 3.75m or 2.5m or whatever adapter is missing from the mod, did you delete it?

Hey Bonus, just a question, but what are you planning to release for v1.1?

 

Also how's the reactor coming along? (the circular one from a few pages ago)

I was lazy with the release notes and left out a bunch of updates:

  • Yes, I deleted the T202 to T404 adapter. If I add it back it will look like the T404 to 3.75M adapter (I think the T404 to 3.75M looks good with T202).
  • Added bulkhead sort, all the parts have a custom bulkhead of "kp", so you can quickly get to all the Kerbodyne Plus parts. You can also search for "kp" or "kerbodynePlus" in the tag search (as well as "behemoth" or "behe" for all the behemoth parts and "t404" for all the t404 parts). T404, T202, and behemoth have custom bulkhead profiles, so you can sort that way to ("t404", "t202", "behemoth"). 
  • I added new tag entries for all parts.
  • Rebalanced all the part costs and tech tree placement.
  • Increased the size of XL Landing Strut.
  • Rebalanced weight and heat tolerance for all parts.
  • Added new RSP-A3 Radial Stack Point (acts like a hardpoint with 2 attach nodes. It's physicless so it transfers mass to the part its surface attached to like the cubic octagonal strut).
  • Changed the texture for T404 inner walls from orange to black, because in some cases, the t404 b struts were turning orange when zoomed out do to mipmapping.  I'll probably remap the texture to prevent this in the future. 
  • Changed the size and placement of the particle effects for Behemoth engines.
  • Added the new T404 B-2 and B-3 trusses.
  • Added new T202 B-2 integrated truss.
  • Added T202 BA-64 Battery Array - 6000 ec
  • Added 3 new structural Tank Couplers each with 10 attachment points but different configurations. These new orange structural parts will make up a third tier of construction for the purpose of making even bigger superstructures.
  • Added S6 radial decoupler part of the behemoth launch system.
  • Added T404 H-3 which replaces the older T404 B-3 (naming was weird before, the size was 2 and it's configuration and purpose are fundamentally different).
  • Added Kerbodyne S6-7890 X4 Tank Cluster (4x 7.5m tanks, t404 center) and Kerbodyne S6-7890 Tank Cluster (5x 7.5m tanks, no t404 center).
  • Added R-D HLRX4 (behemoth class rcs)
  • Changed the Kerbodyne S3 Smart Cone SAS torque from 75 to 300 for 1.1 stability
  • Rebuilt the cfg file for XL-6 Landing Strut using 1.1 wheel modules (thanks to @NecroBones @sarbian for their help with this).
  • Remodeled all T404 parts adding struts to sidewalls (now they really look like trusses!).
  • Remodeled Leviathan Solar Wing increasing total length by 20M. Remade panel animations. Replaced the central mast truss from alpha texture to real geometry. (Each panel has its own collider, making for a part with hundreds of colliders. This causes lag. However, when the part is destroyed every panel tears off quite spectacularly. In ksp 1.1, on my machine, the lag was tolerable. I plan to rebuild this part in the future to accommodate a more compact animation, so will try to optimize the physics at that time).
  • Redesigned T404 3.75M Adapter (adapter is now hollow, has cool struts similar the XL-6 Landing leg and now longer holds any electric charge).
  • Adjusted the scale of the CM 1 internal space for compatibility with the new 1.1 crew overlays.
  • Added new S6 7.5M Fairing (increases to 15 meters in diameter)
  • There's an easter egg I left (mistake) I wonder if anyone found it. 

To answer @Table's question, I haven't started modeling the nuclear reactor. Instead I've been working on this:

v7brMdw.jpg?2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:

I was lazy with the release notes and left out a bunch of updates:

  • Yes, I deleted the T202 to T404 adapter. If I add it back it will look like the T404 to 3.75M adapter (I think the T404 to 3.75M looks good with T202).
  • Added bulkhead sort, all the parts have a custom bulkhead of "kp", so you can quickly get to all the Kerbodyne Plus parts. You can also search for "kp" or "kerbodynePlus" in the tag search (as well as "behemoth" or "behe" for all the behemoth parts and "t404" for all the t404 parts). T404, T202, and behemoth have custom bulkhead profiles, so you can sort that way to ("t404", "t202", "behemoth"). 
  • I added new tag entries for all parts.
  • Rebalanced all the part costs and tech tree placement.
  • Increased the size of XL Landing Strut.
  • Rebalanced weight and heat tolerance for all parts.
  • Added new RSP-A3 Radial Stack Point (acts like a hardpoint with 2 attach nodes. It's physicless so it transfers mass to the part its surface attached to like the cubic octagonal strut).
  • Changed the texture for T404 inner walls from orange to black, because in some cases, the t404 b struts were turning orange when zoomed out do to mipmapping.  I'll probably remap the texture to prevent this in the future. 
  • Changed the size and placement of the particle effects for Behemoth engines.
  • Added the new T404 B-2 and B-3 trusses.
  • Added new T202 B-2 integrated truss.
  • Added T202 BA-64 Battery Array - 6000 ec
  • Added 3 new structural Tank Couplers each with 10 attachment points but different configurations. These new orange structural parts will make up a third tier of construction for the purpose of making even bigger superstructures.
  • Added S6 radial decoupler part of the behemoth launch system.
  • Added T404 H-3 which replaces the older T404 B-3 (naming was weird before, the size was 2 and it's configuration and purpose are fundamentally different).
  • Added Kerbodyne S6-7890 X4 Tank Cluster (4x 7.5m tanks, t404 center) and Kerbodyne S6-7890 Tank Cluster (5x 7.5m tanks, no t404 center).
  • Added R-D HLRX4 (behemoth class rcs)
  • Changed the Kerbodyne S3 Smart Cone SAS torque from 75 to 300 for 1.1 stability
  • Rebuilt the cfg file for XL-6 Landing Strut using 1.1 wheel modules (thanks to @NecroBones @sarbian for their help with this).
  • Remodeled all T404 parts adding struts to sidewalls (now they really look like trusses!).
  • Remodeled Leviathan Solar Wing increasing total length by 20M. Remade panel animations. Replaced the central mast truss from alpha texture to real geometry. (Each panel has its own collider, making for a part with hundreds of colliders. This causes lag. However, when the part is destroyed every panel tears off quite spectacularly. In ksp 1.1, on my machine, the lag was tolerable. I plan to rebuild this part in the future to accommodate a more compact animation, so will try to optimize the physics at that time).
  • Redesigned T404 3.75M Adapter (adapter is now hollow, has cool struts similar the XL-6 Landing leg and now longer holds any electric charge).
  • Adjusted the scale of the CM 1 internal space for compatibility with the new 1.1 crew overlays.
  • Added new S6 7.5M Fairing (increases to 15 meters in diameter)
  • There's an easter egg I left (mistake) I wonder if anyone found it. 

To answer @Table's question, I haven't started modeling the nuclear reactor. Instead I've been working on this:

v7brMdw.jpg?2

I immediately recognized this as a ion engine!!! Ooooh, I can't wait to see what you do with it...

Oh, and about that 7.5m ion engine cluster, why not include it as a separate part?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@AJTheMighty 7.5m ion engine cluster? That would be huge! My thoughts were to have:

1st tier interstellar engine - 3.75 or 2.5 (whichever is best) electrodeless lorentz force accelerator (type of magnetoplasmadynamic thruster)

2nd tier interstellar engine - undetermined type of fusion propulsion (z-pinch or something)  

Oh, and you're right about the image I posted! It's going to be very detailed, I'm already over 5,000 polys with just the nozzle

Edited by Bonus Eventus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bonus Eventus said:

7.5m ion engine cluster? That would be huge! My thoughts were to have:

1st tier interstellar engine - 3.75 or 2.5 (whichever is best) electrodeless lorentz force accelerator (type of magnetoplasmadynamic thruster)

2nd tier interstellar engine - undetermined type of fusion propulsion (z-pinch or something)  

I was talking about this: ZZQQxPS.png?1

This one, IMO, works best as the 2nd tier engine - and from what I can tell by that giant purple nozzle thingamajig, that's definitely a WIP ion engine. Plus, the 1st tier ion engine could have a gimal of 6 degrees and like some form of "afterburn" mode producing far more thrust and using up slightly less electricity at the expense of a much higher rate of fuel consumption.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AJTheMighty said:

I was talking about this: ZZQQxPS.png?1

This one, IMO, works best as the 2nd tier engine - and from what I can tell by that giant purple nozzle thingamajig, that's definitely a WIP ion engine. Plus, the 1st tier ion engine could have a gimal of 6 degrees and like some form of "afterburn" mode producing far more thrust and using up slightly less electricity at the expense of a much higher rate of fuel consumption.

I think the idea of an afterburn mode is cool, but it's different from what I'm envisioning. Let me explain. So, in my mind the 1st tier is a slow but efficient class of interplanetary engine. It's not as slow as stock ion engines. It gets faster with power. The more ec/sec it's given the faster you can go. As for tier 2 that's the fast engine.

The research I've done, which is quite a lot, and from talking to @FreeThinker  it appears that, MPD's won't benefit from having multiple nozzles, it's not the same as chemical combustion engines. Essentially, the more power-->the more thrust. The problem is whether or not structures that make up the engine can survive the heat and propellant corrosion. To get around this, many current MPD designs are using lithium as a propellant, like the team at the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab. Most likely you wouldn't bother with gimbaling, since this is a purely interplanetary engine. You'll mostly be doing burns towards one direction, with lots of time for corrective burns, so you'll be able to rotate your craft and burn again. This is similar to how in Star Trek, the Enterprise doesn't do U-turns in hyperspace. There's no need for fast response, because the distances are vast. 

I agree that the design you posted was clearly the winner from the poll I conducted. The problem is it's wildly inaccurate. So, my idea is to take from that design and emulate it as much as possible for the new single nozzle design. I imagine having a fairly large housing for capacitors at the connection end, which leads to several rings of magnets similar to the structural rings in the design you like (there will just be more of them and they'll probably need to be thicker. The single nozzle will pass through these rings. Here's an image of an ELFA to demonstrate some of the key components.

DiwFCH7.jpg?1

srKfBGa.jpg

KBBmgNB.jpg?1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:

I was lazy with the release notes and left out a bunch of updates:

  • Yes, I deleted the T202 to T404 adapter. If I add it back it will look like the T404 to 3.75M adapter (I think the T404 to 3.75M looks good with T202).
  • Added bulkhead sort, all the parts have a custom bulkhead of "kp", so you can quickly get to all the Kerbodyne Plus parts. You can also search for "kp" or "kerbodynePlus" in the tag search (as well as "behemoth" or "behe" for all the behemoth parts and "t404" for all the t404 parts). T404, T202, and behemoth have custom bulkhead profiles, so you can sort that way to ("t404", "t202", "behemoth"). 
  • I added new tag entries for all parts.
  • Rebalanced all the part costs and tech tree placement.
  • Increased the size of XL Landing Strut.
  • Rebalanced weight and heat tolerance for all parts.
  • Added new RSP-A3 Radial Stack Point (acts like a hardpoint with 2 attach nodes. It's physicless so it transfers mass to the part its surface attached to like the cubic octagonal strut).
  • Changed the texture for T404 inner walls from orange to black, because in some cases, the t404 b struts were turning orange when zoomed out do to mipmapping.  I'll probably remap the texture to prevent this in the future. 
  • Changed the size and placement of the particle effects for Behemoth engines.
  • Added the new T404 B-2 and B-3 trusses.
  • Added new T202 B-2 integrated truss.
  • Added T202 BA-64 Battery Array - 6000 ec
  • Added 3 new structural Tank Couplers each with 10 attachment points but different configurations. These new orange structural parts will make up a third tier of construction for the purpose of making even bigger superstructures.
  • Added S6 radial decoupler part of the behemoth launch system.
  • Added T404 H-3 which replaces the older T404 B-3 (naming was weird before, the size was 2 and it's configuration and purpose are fundamentally different).
  • Added Kerbodyne S6-7890 X4 Tank Cluster (4x 7.5m tanks, t404 center) and Kerbodyne S6-7890 Tank Cluster (5x 7.5m tanks, no t404 center).
  • Added R-D HLRX4 (behemoth class rcs)
  • Changed the Kerbodyne S3 Smart Cone SAS torque from 75 to 300 for 1.1 stability
  • Rebuilt the cfg file for XL-6 Landing Strut using 1.1 wheel modules (thanks to @NecroBones @sarbian for their help with this).
  • Remodeled all T404 parts adding struts to sidewalls (now they really look like trusses!).
  • Remodeled Leviathan Solar Wing increasing total length by 20M. Remade panel animations. Replaced the central mast truss from alpha texture to real geometry. (Each panel has its own collider, making for a part with hundreds of colliders. This causes lag. However, when the part is destroyed every panel tears off quite spectacularly. In ksp 1.1, on my machine, the lag was tolerable. I plan to rebuild this part in the future to accommodate a more compact animation, so will try to optimize the physics at that time).
  • Redesigned T404 3.75M Adapter (adapter is now hollow, has cool struts similar the XL-6 Landing leg and now longer holds any electric charge).
  • Adjusted the scale of the CM 1 internal space for compatibility with the new 1.1 crew overlays.
  • Added new S6 7.5M Fairing (increases to 15 meters in diameter)
  • There's an easter egg I left (mistake) I wonder if anyone found it. 

To answer @Table's question, I haven't started modeling the nuclear reactor. Instead I've been working on this:

v7brMdw.jpg?2

Looks more like a MPD T-Wave exit mount to me, which would be much cooler than any low tech low power ion engine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to ask if there's anyone willing to post some images of crafts they've made with Kerbodyne Plus. I'd like to make an Imgur gallery that showcases what you can build with K+ and I'll credit whichever crafts I use of course.

Also, don't forget I'm looking for beta testers, PM if you're interested!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you ever thought of making a huge nuclear engine, also I have an idea, a 7.5M interstage decoupler

Also, just a suggestion, but can you make all the tanks switch between 2 fuel types, LFO, and Liquid Hydrogen. As some engines are Cryogenic, meaning they use Liquid Hydrogen.

Oh and don't you think the flags on the behemoth tank looks a little weird and off? I know it's minor but you should fix it :P 

844D633D3AF67D7DF8856A6C8CC833A69C6C3026

Edited by Table
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Table said:

Have you ever thought of making a huge nuclear engine, also I have an idea, a 7.5M interstage decoupler

Also, just a suggestion, but can you make all the tanks switch between 2 fuel types, LFO, and Liquid Hydrogen. As some engines are Cryogenic, meaning they use Liquid Hydrogen.

Can you describe in detail what a large nuclear engine would look like, be structured like? To me big nuclear engine means Orion or Icarus interstellar designs. 100 Year Starship stuff. 

Also, obviously a few posts up me and AJ were talking about a nuclear fusion engine, so I have plans to make a nuclear engine. The "big" part would be the fusion power plant, the small part would be the engine itself. Essentially, fussion reactor makes plasma-->plasma is sent to an accelerator of some type (engine).

As to the interstage decoupler, are you talking about T404 or S6 like the behemoth tanks?
 

And lastly as to the hydrogen fuel tanks switch, this would violate the stated purpose of not supporting or hindering other mods. However, in the future I might extend Kerbodyne Plus with a separate mod that uses module manager to add capability to Kerbodyne Plus. In the mean-time you or anyone else can extend K+ any way you want. It's completely open source. All you have to do is change the cfg file. In fact here's a quick lesson:

Open up the cfg file in the Fuel folder you want to change, for example lets use "behemothTank.cfg" :

  1. Look for the modules at the end of the file marked, "RESOURCE"
  2. Comment out the existing "RESOURCE" definitions by adding "//" to the begining of each, like so:
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	 //name = LiquidFuel
    	 //amount = 42640
    	// maxAmount = 42640
    	//}
    
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	// name = Oxidizer
    	// amount = 52000
    	// maxAmount = 52000
    	//}

     

  3. Add a new "RESOURCE" block for the type of resource you're looking for. If you're using CryoEngines, look at any hydrogen tanks in the CryoTanks/Parts/HydrogenTanks folder .   

    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	 //name = LiquidFuel
    	 //amount = 42640
    	// maxAmount = 42640
    	//}
    
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	// name = Oxidizer
    	// amount = 52000
    	// maxAmount = 52000
    	//}
        
        RESOURCE
    	{
    		name = LqdHydrogen
    		amount = 1152000
    		maxAmount = 1152000
    	}

     

  4. CryoEngines uses Community Resource Pack mod for its resource definitions. In the CommunityResourcePack folder you'll find a file called CommonResource.cfg. Listed in the file we find the resource for LqdHydrogen. It looks like this:  

    RESOURCE_DEFINITION
    {
    	name = Hydrogen
    	density = 0.00000008990
    	unitCost = 0.000055836
    	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
    	transfer = PUMP
    	isTweakable = true
       	isVisible = true
    }

     

  5. For comparison here's the entry for stock LiquidFuel in Squad/Resources/ResourcesGeneric.cfg  

    RESOURCE_DEFINITION
    {
      name = LiquidFuel
      density = 0.005
      unitCost = 0.8
      hsp = 2010
      flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
      transfer = PUMP
      isTweakable = true
    }

     

  6. Almost exactly the same, the differences are in terms of density and cost. going back to the original behemoth tank, lets add the amount of fuel and oxidizer together. That comes to 94640 units. We do this because the density for LiquidFuel and Oxidizer are the same, 0.005. 

  7. Now divide the density of LiquidFuel (0.005) by the density of LqdHydrogen (0.00000008990). The quotient then is 55617.35261401557286

  8. Multiply the quotient of the LiquidFuel and LqdHydrogen by the total of Oxidizer and LiquidFuel of the behemothTank. That comes to 5263626251.3904338154704 lets call it 5263626252.

  9. The the new resource definition should look like this:  

    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	 //name = LiquidFuel
    	 //amount = 42640
    	// maxAmount = 42640
    	//}
    
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	// name = Oxidizer
    	// amount = 52000
    	// maxAmount = 52000
    	//}
        
        RESOURCE
    	{
    		name = LqdHydrogen
    		amount = 5263626252
    		maxAmount = 5263626252
    	}


     

  10. Lastly, at the top of the CFG file there is line which reads "name=behemothTank". Change "behemothTank" to whatever you want and then save the file to whatever_name_you_desere.cfg. If you want could also change the title and description properties in the cfg to something relevant for your own convenience.

Keep in mind that you can also use module manager mod to achieve the same result. Look through the extensive module manager docs to find out how. Module Manager basically gives you the ability to overwrite cfg files.

PS: Anyone have any Kerbodyne Plus craft screens they wish to share? I'll credit those I add to the imgur gallery. This would help me out quite a bit if you do! :)

Edited by Bonus Eventus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Table said:

Have you ever thought of making a huge nuclear engine, also I have an idea, a 7.5M interstage decoupler

Also, just a suggestion, but can you make all the tanks switch between 2 fuel types, LFO, and Liquid Hydrogen. As some engines are Cryogenic, meaning they use Liquid Hydrogen.

Oh and don't you think the flags on the behemoth tank looks a little weird and off? I know it's minor but you should fix it :P 

844D633D3AF67D7DF8856A6C8CC833A69C6C3026

Ohhhhh, nice catch man! I'll fix it and put out an update shortly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bonus Eventus said:

Can you describe in detail what a large nuclear engine would look like, be structured like? To me big nuclear engine means Orion or Icarus interstellar designs. 100 Year Starship stuff. 

Also, obviously a few posts up me and AJ were talking about a nuclear fusion engine, so I have plans to make a nuclear engine. The "big" part would be the fusion power plant, the small part would be the engine itself. Essentially, fussion reactor makes plasma-->plasma is sent to an accelerator of some type (engine).

As to the interstage decoupler, are you talking about T404 or S6 like the behemoth tanks?
 

And lastly as to the hydrogen fuel tanks switch, this would violate the stated purpose of not supporting or hindering other mods. However, in the future I might extend Kerbodyne Plus with a separate mod that uses module manager to add capability to Kerbodyne Plus. In the mean-time you or anyone else can extend K+ any way you want. It's completely open source. All you have to do is change the cfg file. In fact here's a quick lesson:

Open up the cfg file in the Fuel folder you want to change, for example lets use "behemothTank.cfg" :

  1. Look for the modules at the end of the file marked, "RESOURCE"
  2. Comment out the existing "RESOURCE" definitions by adding "//" to the begining of each, like so:
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	 //name = LiquidFuel
    	 //amount = 42640
    	// maxAmount = 42640
    	//}
    
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	// name = Oxidizer
    	// amount = 52000
    	// maxAmount = 52000
    	//}

     

  3. Add a new "RESOURCE" block for the type of resource you're looking for. If you're using CryoEngines, look at any hydrogen tanks in the CryoTanks/Parts/HydrogenTanks folder .   

    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	 //name = LiquidFuel
    	 //amount = 42640
    	// maxAmount = 42640
    	//}
    
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	// name = Oxidizer
    	// amount = 52000
    	// maxAmount = 52000
    	//}
        
        RESOURCE
    	{
    		name = LqdHydrogen
    		amount = 1152000
    		maxAmount = 1152000
    	}

     

  4. CryoEngines uses Community Resource Pack mod for its resource definitions. In the CommunityResourcePack folder you'll find a file called CommonResource.cfg. Listed in the file we find the resource for LqdHydrogen. It looks like this:  

    RESOURCE_DEFINITION
    {
    	name = Hydrogen
    	density = 0.00000008990
    	unitCost = 0.000055836
    	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
    	transfer = PUMP
    	isTweakable = true
       	isVisible = true
    }

     

  5. For comparison here's the entry for stock LiquidFuel in Squad/Resources/ResourcesGeneric.cfg  

    RESOURCE_DEFINITION
    {
      name = LiquidFuel
      density = 0.005
      unitCost = 0.8
      hsp = 2010
      flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
      transfer = PUMP
      isTweakable = true
    }

     

  6. Almost exactly the same, the differences are in terms of density and cost. going back to the original behemoth tank, lets add the amount of fuel and oxidizer together. That comes to 94640 units. We do this because the density for LiquidFuel and Oxidizer are the same, 0.005. 

  7. Now divide the density of LiquidFuel (0.005) by the density of LqdHydrogen (0.00000008990). The quotient then is 55617.35261401557286

  8. Multiply the quotient of the LiquidFuel and LqdHydrogen by the total of Oxidizer and LiquidFuel of the behemothTank. That comes to 5263626251.3904338154704 lets call it 5263626252.

  9. The the new resource definition should look like this:  

    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	 //name = LiquidFuel
    	 //amount = 42640
    	// maxAmount = 42640
    	//}
    
    	//RESOURCE
    	//{
    	// name = Oxidizer
    	// amount = 52000
    	// maxAmount = 52000
    	//}
        
        RESOURCE
    	{
    		name = LqdHydrogen
    		amount = 5263626252
    		maxAmount = 5263626252
    	}


     

  10. Lastly, at the top of the CFG file there is line which reads "name=behemothTank". Change "behemothTank" to whatever you want and then save the file to whatever_name_you_desere.cfg. If you want could also change the title and description properties in the cfg to something relevant for your own convenience.

Keep in mind that you can also use module manager mod to achieve the same result. Look through the extensive module manager docs to find out how. Module Manager basically gives you the ability to overwrite cfg files.

PS: Anyone have any Kerbodyne Plus craft screens they wish to share? I'll credit those I add to the imgur gallery. This would help me out quite a bit if you do! :)

Thanks a ton, literally thanks a ton for for those tips Bonus, about the interstage decouplers, I meant for just the S6 and Behemoth tanks, and the nuclear engines, sorry I didn't actually mean nuclear, but more of like a fusion engine. If you want more info about these kinds of engine I suggest you visit this site :)http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

 

Keep up the great work Bonus!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Table said:

Thanks a ton, literally thanks a ton for for those tips Bonus, about the interstage decouplers, I meant for just the S6 and Behemoth tanks, and the nuclear engines, sorry I didn't actually mean nuclear, but more of like a fusion engine. If you want more info about these kinds of engine I suggest you visit this site :)http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

 

Keep up the great work Bonus!

Hehehe, if you want to thank me posts some pics ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:

@Table new release is out! 

0J6Uhml.jpg

Thanks man! Means alot!, even though it's something so minor :P I'll try to find some more anomalies with the parts, and I'll give you some suggestions to improve your parts, and some part suggestions too. I'll keep on supporting you! :)

 

P.S. I'll post a pic of my rocket - Soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Table said:

Thanks man! Means alot!, even though it's something so minor :P I'll try to find some more anomalies with the parts, and I'll give you some suggestions to improve your parts, and some part suggestions too. I'll keep on supporting you! :)

 

P.S. I'll post a pic of my rocket - Soon

I dub the an official Beta Tester, no backsies. PM me and I'll give you the deets. ;) Thanks to you I found a ton of bugs along the way. Apparently I had set prices lower than the cost of fuel in several rockets. The large quad tanks base cost is in the 100s of thousands :o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sabreheim said:

Ok so how do you use the behemoth engine? Every launcher I put it on flips immediately after launching.

Wanna know how to use the behemoth engine?

Throttle up then press -spacebar- or just right click on it and activate engine.

 

Let's stop joking around for a second here, I see that it flips immediately. Is your craft large? Then I reccommend Kerbal Joint Reinforcement if the joints keep on toppling over.

Or is the engine too powerful? You should really only be using the behemoth on VERY large rockets.

Let me know if you need more help :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and hey Bonus, here's another simple suggestion, you know the quad fuel tanks? When you put two of them on top of each other, they look kind of, weird... So I have a reccommendation , that when two of the same types of quad fuel tanks are put underneath or on the top of each other, there's a shroud that covers the opening, because it looks kind of very fragile, almost like it's about to break any moment. Oh and it's totally your choice!

32D82CC2AE216D62C1B4F94541ACFDF029964FDA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Table said:

Oh and hey Bonus, here's another simple suggestion, you know the quad fuel tanks? When you put two of them on top of each other, they look kind of, weird... So I have a reccommendation , that when two of the same types of quad fuel tanks are put underneath or on the top of each other, there's a shroud that covers the opening, because it looks kind of very fragile, almost like it's about to break any moment. Oh and it's totally your choice!

32D82CC2AE216D62C1B4F94541ACFDF029964FDA

I like that idea. I'm not sure how to do multiple shrouds, I'll look into it. Great suggestion! I think William blacks illustration here, would work. http://william-black.deviantart.com/art/Lighter-and-Tanker-490769760

Edited by Bonus Eventus
updated link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sabreheim said:
2 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:
2 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:

I like that idea. I'm not sure how to do multiple shrouds, I'll look into it. Great suggestion! I think William blacks illustration here, would work. http://william-black.deviantart.com/art/Lighter-and-Tanker-490769760

I like that idea. I'm not sure how to do multiple shrouds, I'll look into it. Great suggestion! I think William blacks illustration here, would work. http://william-black.deviantart.com/art/Lighter-and-Tanker-490769760

 

Thanks for replying, maybe you could ask other modders for help?

 

By the way, what the hell is up with the quoting system on this forum :P

Edited by Table
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:

CPt4NoC.png?1

I'm happy with the nozzle but the capacitor bay needs love. I need to find some good ref for them. I just roughed it in for now

This is gorgeous! I think you could model the capacitor bay after this one from the WIP ion engine model collection: 4ZY6Wpm.png?1

Oh, and I suggest its diameter to be 2.5m for easy clustering for a much higher DV - but you'd need more electrical storage and more solar panels, and lastly the engine's purple glowing part and exhaust could change color from gray to blue to blue-purple to purple depending on how much power it's given - with a longer exhaust trail - and keep my idea in mind - and inevitably use it! 

 

Edited by AJTheMighty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...