Saitek Farming Simulator Side Panel... Does this look perfect for KSP?

richfiles

On 10/6/2015 at 6:07 AM, r4pt0r said:

But farming sim, trucking sim, train sim(and its dlc, that you can purchase all of for only $2500, and thats the 50% off price today) I just dont understand.

You get to operate HUGE, exqisitely engineered machines. How cool is that?

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, Chris Solomon said:

Any body remember this old title: Microsoft Space Simulator

I never tried it, so i don't know what it's like. It is most likely a MS-DOS program. I remember seeing it in stores years ago.

Yeah. Still have my copy. Nice simulator - but the U.I. was poor - need to buy a Book about the program in order to learn how to extract the information I need. I used to play this with a Graphical Programmable Scientific Calculator on my lap. 

29 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Yeah. Still have my copy. Nice simulator - but the U.I. was poor - need to buy a Book about the program in order to learn how to extract the information I need. I used to play this with a Graphical Programmable Scientific Calculator on my lap. 

some how the need for a graphing calculator doesn't really surprise me, based on the age of the program. seems like some of the best games that existed back in the day had an extremely high difficulty and learning curve compared to most of today's games. 

some titles i have noticed that with:

Legend of Zelda

Metroid

Bill Budges Pinball Construction set

Microsoft Flight Simulator v1.0 - v6.0 (especially 1.0)

that's all i could think of atm, but i'm sure there are more.

don't know if people were just that smart back them, or if i was just that dumb.

Edited by Chris Solomon

4 minutes ago, Chris Solomon said:

don't know if people were just that smart back them, or if i was just that dumb.

We had better education at that time, that's all.

We have an absolutely unprecedented access to better information nowadays. But our current education (i.e., the ability to use such good information) is a plain disaster.

— edit --

I want to add to your list this little game :) 

Edited by Lisias
adding a link

• 1 year later...

Just an update, I brought this peripheral for American Truck Sim mainly (and prob farm sim, have not played since '13) Knowing the wheel has no force feedback I am not expecting much fun from it. That's where ill just use the G27 Wheel, but with KSP2 now on the way, the panel will be worth every penny. It arrives in a couple of days, will test it out and report back.

I use to have an old Logitech Force 3d controller. The inputs got jittery, as it is OLD. My wonderful wife bought me a Logitech x52 hotas to replace it. Once calibrated and mapped, it is super easy to use in ksp as a flight controller for rockets and planes. But the sheer number of buttons, sliders, hats, and wheels makes it super suitable for orbital and docking operations. 

I love flight sims (acrobatics rock) and it performs excellently. Very precise and responsive. Not the cheapest, but worth it to me.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/space/x52-space-flight-simulator-controller.html

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.