Steam Summer Sale!

segaprophet

Me too!

Can someone give me a quick... guide to Steam Sales? I've brought a few games on sale before but I don't know anything about these Daily Deals and Flash Sales and witchcraftand Season Sales

Cities: Skylines is 25% off right now. I bought it cause I was scared the sale would go away before I got the chance.

Now watch, it'll be 75% off tomorrow :sticktongue:

Cities: Skylines is 25% off right now. I bought it cause I was scared the sale would go away before I got the chance.

Well, if it drops in price within 14 days, you can return the game and buy it at the lower price, which is allowed by the new refund policy. However, you'd need to have played less than 2 hours so good luck with that :P

That aside, my rule for steam sales is only buy things I've heard about/wanted before the sale, and only buy it if it's a considerable discount. It seems to have worked so far. Not sure what I'll get this year, not much since I have other things to save money for. :)

That aside, my rule for steam sales is only buy things I've heard about/wanted before the sale, and only buy it if it's a considerable discount.

I have a similar rule with a corollary: If you come across something 50%+ off that you've never heard of but looks interesting, check it out and see if you want to buy it.

I personally have my eye on Massive Chalice, Darkest Dungeon, and Infinifactory. I may buy Massive Chalice tomorrow.

I was recommending Cities: Skylines when it wasn't on sale. So I of course will recommend it now that it's 25% off. That said, it will likely (though not guaranteed) be 50% off at some point before the end of this sale.

I'm pretty tempted by Prison Architect right about now.

I'll recommend it. It's a pretty good game, although the replay-ability was rather low for me... I found myself relying on the monthly updates for a reason to play c:

That might just be me, though. And it's a good thing about the game/company: Introversion consistently rolls out updates once a month! It's great.

That aside, my rule for steam sales is only buy things I've heard about/wanted before the sale, and only buy it if it's a considerable discount. It seems to have worked so far. Not sure what I'll get this year, not much since I have other things to save money for. :)

I have a bit of a system that's somewhat similar. I'll see which games that I like over the year and I'll save them to my wishlist. I'll do this all through the year, and unless it's on a really great sale I won't buy it right away. Then, when the sale comes around, I'll see which games have good discounts on them and buy them.

I plan on getting Cities Skylines too, It looks VERY interesting but not 30 bucks interesting.

Hello everyone! After going on and on to my friend about KSP, he said he may want to try it, and he tried the demo and thinks he might want the full version. He asked me to find out whether it will be on special for more than 15% off in the Steam Summer Sale, as he thinks it should be cheaper, but I disagree! Anyways, does anyone know if KSP will be for sale for more than 15% in this sale? Thanks!

Edited by CaptainApollo

I bought the game when it was still in development. It is a great game for the $15 I paid for it through Steam.

If I'm not mistaken, all of the "daily" and "flash" discounts are applied to games that are already getting modest "normal" discounts for the duration of the sale - if you scroll down past the special sales…well, just let me know if you ever reach the bottom of the list.

Point being, watch the "dailies" and "flashes," and if the game you want isn't one of those, buy it at the end of the week.

Point being, watch the "dailies" and "flashes," and if the game you want isn't one of those, buy it at the end of the week.

Proper sense-making right there.

Only picked up Valkyria Chronicles so far, though I've my eye on Icewind Dale in case it gets a better discount. If Elite: Dangerous gets any kind of a reasonable discount I'll be hopping on that so fast.

Somewhat tempted by King of Fighters XIII, though I never really liked the SNK fighting franchises outside of the VS crossover games.

I wish I had enough time to play all the Steam games I want to, but I tried to be semi-responsible and limit myself to games under $10 that I had on my wishlist before the sale.

I picked up Torchlight 2, Grow Home, Valiant Hearts, and Surgeon Simulator so far.

One day will I play every game in my Steam library? Maybe. Probably not.

Homeworld Remastered is on sale, get it while it is hot!

I saw that. Loved Homeworld back in the day. Now if I could find and play Dune2, I'd be loving life :)

(I did find Dune2 a few years ago and got it to install on WinXp I think, it was horrible looking....then I said to myself "Wow, did it really look this bad back in 1996 as well!?!??!")

Looking at Civ5, haven't played it yet.

The base game and both expansions all have their own demos, so give them a go before you buy.

As Tardises says, you can get it for ridiculously cheap during a daily or flash sale. I've seen it for under £10 for every expansion pack & DLC.

Yoink!

Looking at Civ5, haven't played it yet. Also, can anyone recommend a modern Stronghold-esque castle builder game?

Civ 5 is great, but is not as good as Civ 4. You don't have as much control over espionage. The trade-off is the religions, and ability to influence game development through the spread of culture. Overall, I would still recommend it. In fact, I would venture to give it :D :D :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.