Steam Summer Sale!

segaprophet

So does 'unlocking' the games via the monster game actually do anything? I'm seeing the games that have yet to be 'unlocked' already have massive discounts. Does 'unlocking' them make them discounted even more so? That being said, there's something a little nostalgic about the click fest.

I'm reasonably confident they get a deeper discount. Haven't seen anything I particularly want in the unlocked games so far unfortunately.

It's still a better gimmick than that team game they went with for the 2014 summer sale.

And there you go, Civ V complete edition down to £8.74. Absolutely worth it if you don't have it. I've probably played it more than any other game I've owned, and I got it for about £10.

That is as cheap as it ever goes, so NOW IS THE TIME TO GET CIV 5 IF YOU WANT IT.

(I actually bought it when it did go that cheap in a previous sale)

Snagged Civ V Complete, been meaning to pick it up since upgrading my PC.

This is my first summer sale as a Steam user, is it normal for Steam's bandwidth to be horrible during the sale? I'm on an 80Mbps fiber connection that is generally quick and reliable, but Civ V came down at a bit above 1MB/s on average (took close to two hours).

Also, Alien: Isolation and its season pass is now $20. That's right around a dollar for every hour of game play, very nice.

I preordered it for my PS4, absolutely loved it. it was my game of the year last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Snagged Civ V Complete, been meaning to pick it up since upgrading my PC.

This is my first summer sale as a Steam user, is it normal for Steam's bandwidth to be horrible during the sale? I'm on an 80Mbps fiber connection that is generally quick and reliable, but Civ V came down at a bit above 1MB/s on average (took close to two hours).

Coincidentally, I was re-installing Rome 2 today, and my download was super slow. No joke, so its a crazy coincidence I can assist here.

Go into your steam settings, into "downloads" and try changing your download region.

I am located in the bottom half of Wisconsin, right on the Mississippi. When I switched my region from Minneapolis to Chicago my download went from ~1MB/s to upwards of 8MB/s.

Cant say it will work for everyone, but apparently some steam servers are under higher demand than others.

Edited by r4pt0r

I preordered it for my PS4, absolutely loved it. it was my game of the year last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Coincidentally, I was re-installing Rome 2 today, and my download was super slow. No joke, so its a crazy coincidence I can assist here.

Go into your steam settings, into "downloads" and try changing your download region.

I am located in the bottom half of Wisconsin, right on the Mississippi. When I switched my region from Minneapolis to Chicago my download went from ~1MB/s to upwards of 8MB/s.

Cant say it will work for everyone, but apparently some steam servers are under higher demand than others.

Viks, Bears or the Pack? I'm originally from Green Bay myself, though I spent a few months in Kenosha working in Chicago.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, it looks like KSP might be up as an unlock. Tags are 'Space' 'Exploration' and 'Education'. Can't think of much else it could be.

I bought the two games I was looking for, Homeworld and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, did one impulse buy, and substituted one game I missed for another. Now I am pretty much done.

Oh, and I bought a second copy of Skylines, which cost about as much as the other games combined, but hey - what are you going to do.

Viks, Bears or the Pack?

SKOL VIKINGS BABY! Been to 1 game each the past 3 seasons, Saw them beat the bears, beat the lions in the metrodome's last game, and lose to the packers in a very close exciting game. Ordered tickets for the Vikings @ Seahawks this december.

Teddy looks good!

On a steam sale related note, I bought "I am toast" today. been on my wishlist for a while, but as a novelty game I couldn't justify spending more than $5. Saw Markiplier playing it and it looked hilarious.

On a steam sale related note, I bought "I am toast" today. been on my wishlist for a while, but as a novelty game I couldn't justify spending more than $5. Saw Markiplier playing it and it looked hilarious.

That looks absolutely terrible and frustrating :D

Edited by Camacha

Hey, it looks like KSP might be up as an unlock. Tags are 'Space' 'Exploration' and 'Education'. Can't think of much else it could be.

Turns out it's Take on Mars.

Added Road Redemption, Call of Juarez Gunslinger & Farcry 3 Blood Dragon Bundle, and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition to my library.

List of acquisitions so far. The state of my wallet my force me to end before the end of the sale:

Portal

Portal 2

Sir, You Are Being Hunted

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Pixel Piracy

Eron

Mafia 2

Prison Architect

Cities: Skylines

So far I've only played Portal and Prison Architect. Prison Architect is great fun, I've had a lot of fun overcrowding the prison and removing any sort of security measures keeping them in.

I actually finished Portal in one go, I couldn't stop playing it, and it's the first game that made me sad that it ended. At the end, I'd already heard "Still Alive" many times, but it's completely different seeing it in a youtube video vs. struggling through the entire game and seeing it in High-Def fullscreen glory at the end. Though, the whole XXXX thing was giving me the creeps the first couple times I saw it. The YYYY was also difficult and at times creepy. The story was fan-effing-tastic, to see the slow reveal of ZZZZ was subtle, yet interesting. I can honestly say that I understand all the fuss that was made a few years ago about it, its probably the best game I've ever played.

XXXX= Cake is a lie insane scrawls in abandoned corners

YYYY= Escape through the machinery of Aperture Labs

ZZZZ=Being just a test subject rather than participating in a test.

I'm still hungry for some of that damn cake. I feel lied to. *wink*

Edited by Flymetothemun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.