Steam Summer Sale!

segaprophet

The refunds feature is making this sale amazing.

As long as the refund comes through in a timely manner - I wouldn't want to be depending on it for a flash sale.

Elite Dangerous at 25% off just took a hefty bite out of my budgeted expenditure. At least there's not much else in the current sale that I really wanted.

EDIT:

Hello Icewind Dale, you thought I wouldn't notice you were also on sale at the same discount as Baldur's Gate 2...? You were wrong!

The Daily Deals as listed on the front page don't seem to be the full extent of the Daily Deals. (This is often the case with the offers you see on the store page. Often if one item in a franchise is discounted, the other members of the franchise also get discounted.)

Edited by pxi

As long as the refund comes through in a timely manner - I wouldn't want to be depending on it for a flash sale.

I've refunded a couple of games, and now I'm impatiently waiting for the money to arrive, in case there is something really good on sale... :(

Been a bit underwhelmed with this Steam sale. Maybe it's because the last year has been such a sucky time for games, but there's very little that I want. Bought Creeper World 3 because I loved the original browser version, but that's about it.

Have thought about buying Banished, Speed Runners or Terraria as they're all pretty cheap, but it just feels like buying something for the sake of it. I'm not sure I'd actually play any of them.

Anybody know of any good hidden gems around at the moment?

I haven't been real inspired this sale either. I was looking at Cities: Skylines, but I missed the daily on it. I'll wait and see if there's a Last Chance at the end like at Christmas. I got something like twelve games for $25ish then.

I'm gonna get Lego Worlds definitely, but since it's not part of the sale I'm waiting until I buy something else.

Well, I grabbed FSX and Skyrim: Legendary Edition for 18 bucks total. 4.99 for FSX, a $21 savings, and 13 bucks for Skyrim: legendary, which is 40 bucks normally. And if you buy everything from skyrim separately it would be $65 just for skyrim. I would say I did pretty good, saved $48 minimum. :D

Edited by Endersmens

I remember seeing C&C3 and RA3 (I can take them, whatever the criticism!) on sale. Yay!

Then I remember I have a Windows 8 laptop. OH COME ON!

And it's not even powerful enough for the Homeworld HD remaster, when THAT goes on sale. ;.;

#ItsAMiracleICanStillRunALargeKSPGame

Its a pretty good stand in for BTTF 4. Gameplay is a little limited, but an excellent title if you like BTTF. I think it had the same writers from the movie and a good voice cast (including Christopher Lloyd and a cameo from Micheal J Fox.)

Its a pretty good stand in for BTTF 4. Gameplay is a little limited, but an excellent title if you like BTTF. I think it had the same writers from the movie and a good voice cast (including Christopher Lloyd and a cameo from Micheal J Fox.)

Cool, am just away to buy it. Found it on GOG for £2.49 rather than 3.79, so that's a bonus.

Flynetothemun, you can refund games now in order to buy them cheaper on sale, so long as you've had it for less than two weeks and played less than two hours.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember seeing C&C3 and RA3 (I can take them, whatever the criticism!) on sale. Yay!

Then I remember I have a Windows 8 laptop. OH COME ON!

And it's not even powerful enough for the Homeworld HD remaster, when THAT goes on sale. ;.;

#ItsAMiracleICanStillRunALargeKSPGame

Red Alert 3 works fine on my Windows 8 computer, and is old enough is should run on an underpowered laptop.

Flynetothemun, you can refund games now in order to buy them cheaper on sale, so long as you've had it for less than two weeks and played less than two hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Red Alert 3 works fine on my Windows 8 computer, and is old enough is should run on an underpowered laptop.

Is it all in Compatibility Mode, or is there a patch or exploit involved (I remember hearing about those)? And would it work on a Steam-bought version? Heck, I still remember having both Battle for Middle Earths on my old Win7.

Is it all in Compatibility Mode, or is there a patch or exploit involved (I remember hearing about those)? And would it work on a Steam-bought version? Heck, I still remember having both Battle for Middle Earths on my old Win7.

My version is Steam-bought and works fine normally, and in case it doesn't for you, there are compatibility options available by going to the properties of the .exe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.