Steam Summer Sale!

segaprophet

I'm eyeing Europa Universalis IV and Tropico 5 pretty closely. Curse you Steam for your tempting deals!

Been a big EUIV player for a while, it's second to KSP for time sunk in recent years. I used this sale to pick up a bunch of the little DLCs (units and such).

In the same vein: West Point Bridge Designer. Free; Doesn't provide near the same quality graphics but more access to data and numbers (And, IMO, a better & cleaner design interface). No budget restriction either but can be lots of fun (If you're obsessive like me) to see how low you can get tension+compression+cost numbers down or how well you can balance tension/compression force+cost. And be careful to read through the screens that pop up when you click "new", they provide options for setting up the simulation and situation. Can be very difficult at first but provides great feedback as to what breaks, what bends, what is too long, etc. And be sure to use lots of triangles; it won't allow you to run the simulation if it thinks your design is unstable; There's a window that'll pop up explaining what it defines as unstable elements if it does.

http://www.cesdb.com/west-point-bridge-designer.html

And so it ends, for another few months.

28.21 Railroad Tycoon II: Platinum, Tomb Raider ROW, Homeworld Remastered Collection, Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest

6.79 Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

37.49 Elite: Dangerous

4.39 Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

6.24 Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

7.99 Road Redemption

3.19 Chivalry Medieval Warfare with Chivalry Deadliest Warrior

1.49 Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal

7.98 Magicka, Legend of Grimrock 2

4.99 Valkyria Chroniclesâ„¢

€108.76 for 15 games: €7.25 per game, Not the best sale ever offers-wise, but not too shabby either.

I made it out with "only" Cities: Skylines, Lego Indiana Jones, Grim Fandango, and Lego Worlds. The last one wasn't technically on sale, but I was waiting on buying something else before I went for it. It is early access, so I consider that "still a sale."

Still cost me $50.

I'm content, but not happy, with my purchases.

$1.99 Mount and Blade

$7.99 Road Redemption

$2.49 Sid Mieir's Pirates

$1.39 Just Cause 2 DLC Pack (I already own JC2)

$9.99 Massve Chalice.

Just about $25 for 5 purchases. Not bad. Not stellar, but not bad.

lego worlds. The last one wasn't technically on sale, but i was waiting on buying something else before i went for it. It is early access, so i consider that "still a sale."

i keep waiting for it to drop, even just by a little...

I have a full set of Steam cards to craft a badge. If anyone has interesting games to trade, I am willing to part with the whole set. Let me know!

No one? I will just craft a second badge then, though that seems less fun.

My new games this time (in chronological order) -

Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars

Command & Conquer: Kane's Wrath

Prison Architect Standard

World in Conflict: Complete

Majesty Gold Edition

Dungeon Siege

Wickland

Banished

Age of Empires II: HD Edition

total spent - $39.14

current Steam library size - 200 games

I was tempted by so many more to fill in the gaps in my game library but I stuck to my budget. My wishlist will have to remain huge for the time being. Oh the pitfalls of being PC master race. :\

I thought I was done, but after a tip I am very tempted to buy SpaceChem. It sounds and looks like one of those deceptively simple games that turn out to be the hardest.

I really loved SpaceChem. I wasn't a fan of the final board (well, more not a fan of my solution in which I kind of built an RNG and just tweaked it until it worked) but wow that game took a simple mechanism and made it complex.

My love of SpaceChem is why I'm hoping Infinifactory goes on a decent sale soon.

I really loved SpaceChem. I wasn't a fan of the final board (well, more not a fan of my solution in which I kind of built an RNG and just tweaked it until it worked) but wow that game took a simple mechanism and made it complex.

My love of SpaceChem is why I'm hoping Infinifactory goes on a decent sale soon.

I bought it, tried it, got terribly frustrated about the near total lack of explanation, took a long hard look, had a minor epiphany and fell in love with the game.

One of the things I like about Cities Skylines is that the roads allow you to build beautiful little machines that filter and sort traffic. This looks to be the same thing, without all the city stuff.

Edited by Camacha

I thought I was done, but after a tip I am very tempted to buy SpaceChem. It sounds and looks like one of those deceptively simple games that turn out to be the hardest.

I got about halfway through SpaceChem before I had to start looking at walkthroughs. It does get VERY hard. Learned a lot about state machines though.

Similar but easier game: http://www.bigpharmagame.com/ I'll be picking it up shortly. The publishing company has a really good rep, and is responsible for games like Gratuitous Space Battles, and Democracy 3.

EDIT:

I just got a Cerulean Carmouth, you can have it for the low low price of nothing at all. PMing you info

Edited by FleshJeb
Steam trade

Similar but easier game: http://www.bigpharmagame.com/ I'll be picking it up shortly. The publishing company has a really good rep, and is responsible for games like Gratuitous Space Battles, and Democracy 3.

It is a little more expensive than I would like, but I will keep it in mind. I like these factory type games, although they are suffering slightly from the Minecraft syndrome (meaning endless copies and slight variations of the same game).

We will see how SpaceChem goes and how my approach of partially engineering a solution and then brute forcing the rest works out :D

EDIT:

I just got a Cerulean Carmouth, you can have it for the low low price of nothing at all. PMing you info

I just managed to trade my last card, so I have my set complete without any spares. Thanks for the offer, though! :)

Edited by Camacha

I spent approximately a regular new single title price (50 to 60 €) to grab around more or less 10 to 15 smaller studio titles (both oldies & new ones) damn you steam sales damn ya .. i hate them xDr.

Who will give me the time to play them all now ... i just ask yeah ... who who ? and don't mention that i may need a doctor for asking who'ever is around the subforum such a question ; )

oh nevermind ; ) whenever then ; ) sooner or later ... and 1.04 top of all this and that, thiss iss so a floranissh sstabing ... 'sigh' ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
on the other hand i m kinda happy to support as much ''good'' devs teams as i can with my small gaming budget ; )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.